Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Beware Of Quack Vets - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Beware Of Quack Vets (898 Views)

Do Vets Perform Abortions On Dogs? / How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / Top Most Dangerous Dogs In Nigeria (beware Of Dogs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 2:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
I bought two GSD ,male and female,so last week Saturday I noticed that the Male refused to eat ,moody ,passing out yellow urine and refused to come out of his cage to play around the compound ,I thought maybe he didn't like the noodles and rice I cooked for him ,then on sunday 8/08/2021 ,I bought can food which I know he likes very well and he refused to eat it , I was confused as this is my first time of owning GSD,although I have a local dog and the local dog hasn't been down with any sickness since almost two years I have been raising her

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
He was active till Friday ,he was even trying to come out of the temporary cage I made for him, he destroyed the net of his cage

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
Before I bought my dogs, I have been coming to nairaland pet section to read about dogs, and one of those diseases I have been reading that kills dogs is Parvo, whenever any dog owner create thread on how to treat parvo, some people will comment to discourage the Op, telling him that the chances of survival of the dog Is low
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
There is a vet introduced to me by the man I bought dog from, the vet always call me and ask me why I haven't been having any complain on my dogs, I used to tell him I don't have any complain except that I'm expecting the ears of my dogs to stand erect grin( I even created a topic on this)

So on Sunday, I called him to come and check my male dog, he came and brought him out of his cage, he couldn't stand on his feet's very well, we noticed the two legs behind are stiffed together, so he advise me to give my dog a boiled egg and he will come to give him treatment on Monday
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
My dog refused to eat the boiled egg, which means on Saturday and Sunday, he didn't eat anything, and on Monday morning ,he was lying helplessly, the Vet messaged me and tell me that my dog is having Parvo,he said I should go online to read more about Parvo, my heart cut due to what I have been reading about Parvo on nairaland, he said the treatment fee is 15k and he is going to give my dog injection for 5 days
I told my wife that my mind is telling me that this Vet is after money, I quickly went online to read about Parvo grin
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Opak001(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
It lack protein
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
Loss of appetite, blood stooling, weaknesses, vomiting are some signs of Parvo but my dog is only weak and refused to eat, besides, the Vet didn't carry out any test on my dog, he didn't even spend up to 10min when he came to check on my dog , how and where did he come up with Parvo, I put my dog inside car, drove him to a pet store, the store owner is also treating dogs and he have his shop by the road side on a busy road, I brought out my dog lying helplessly, I told him he refused to eat for close to 3 days now, so he checked his body and saw some red infections(with pores)on my dog

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
He scrub his body and found 5 ticks on different part of his body, he then said may be its tick fever, he now said he is suspecting Parvo, I told him I don't think its Parvo because no stooling and my dog hasn't been vomiting, so he gave my dog 2 injections( one for the tick ,I don't know the other shot) he used syringe to pass a pink drug into his mouth making it two injections and 1 drug and assured me that within the next 1 hour that my dog will stand on his feet ,regain strength and start eating
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2021
When I got home, I waited from morning till evening and no changes, I had to forcefully opened my dog mouth and feed him with pap, went online for causes of that red infections and got to know its called Herpes, the drugs to fight that infection is Aciclovir and Amocilin , I went to buy them and started using those drugs for him on Monday evening. On Tuesday evening, he regained small strength, Yesterday wed, the red infections are fading off grin and my dog started eating small small, this afternoon, I checked the red infections and its hardly visible grin

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
Before I forget, his barking woke me up this morning, he finished all the intestines of the cat fish I cooked for him this morning, he rushed the booster crunches I gave him this afternoon, he has been playing and jumping up and down in my compound grin. Now I'm happy
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2021
I might have loose my dog if I let that Vet to give him 5 days injections of Parvo whereas my dog is having Herpes grin
Using Parvo treatment for Herpes grin
He hasn't call me till now that I'm creating this topic, he might be thinking I will loose my dog making him to laugh at me for turning down his Parvo treatment grin
The Parvo drugs and injection that will get into the body of my dog and won't see any Parvo to fight and will end up been a drug abuse to my dog by damaging his body system
He will finish the 5 days dose of those two drugs i'm using for him tomorrow

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
Opak001:
It lack protein
I have started giving them food that contain protein and I have been seeing changes in the size of the black female GSD ,the hair on his spinal are looking beautiful and curling

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Haroldjunior: 2:57am On Aug 13, 2021
The flooring of your cage is wrong for these dogs Sir. On the long run, it would eventually start eating up or giving them injuries under their paws as they keep adding weight as they grow. You could have used plywood for the flooring, there are so many risk factors for using wires for flooring pets cages. I’d advice you made some changes now that they are still young.
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2021
Haroldjunior:
The flooring of your cage is wrong for these dogs Sir. On the long run, it would eventually start eating up or giving them injuries under their paws as they keep adding weight as they grow. You could have used plywood for the flooring, there are so many risk factors for using wires for flooring pets cages. I’d advice you made some changes now that they are still young.
its a temporary cage, I have been using the cage before buying this dogs , and wires have been enabling their poo to he dropping on the ground without messing their cage I only use broom to pack it, no stressing of washing the cage with water every time
Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 9:54am On Aug 13, 2021
He was barking and jumping up his morning when I come closer to his cage to check on him. The herpes are no more on his body, it remain the surface of the herpes to dry

Re: Beware Of Quack Vets by Mekudi: 9:56am On Aug 13, 2021
Parvo grin

(1) (Reply)

The Major German Shepherd Lines (ryeopedia) / Check Out This Massive Pure Breed Rottweiler For Sale / 2 Months Old Lhasa Apso....70k Neg....abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.