Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,499 members, 7,865,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants (1913 Views)

All The Applicants Failed This Interview Question. (please Help Out) / Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / FG May Employ Jobless Graduates As Teachers – Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by offfended: 1:42pm On May 18, 2011

32 months ago

Well here is the picture i applied for a job and got a interview the interview went great she said she liked me so i got a 2nd interview and he said i was well qualified for the job. So i called abotu a week later and asked if they have made any decistions and they said yes we licke dyou laot but there was 2 other people that had a little bti better qualifications so were goign to put your resume at the top of the list so if aother postion opens up. Well about 2 weeks passed another postion opend up advered in the local paper so i gave them a call and said i see you have more postions opend in the paper she said w ehavitn hired anyone yet and my resume is still on file so 3 days pass and i get a denil of employment letter in the mail and i was like humm thats wierd. So next i decide to go threw a temp technition staffing agency that does alot of contract work. first job was alrihgt but jsut temp then the temp service calls me and says hey we go somthig for you that will last 4 days so i said sure 2 dasy after that i find out it is for the same place that i was denied employment threw . well the staffign agecy has to send my information over to that palce to pretty much check and see if they want me to work there temporarley and the same person that denied me employment said it was okay so im now working at the place i wanted to but threw a temp service for 4 days and i jsut look in the paper today and what do you know that same compny jsut put a add in the paper for hiring full time people for the same thing that im doing for the temp agiensy i dotn understand how they will not hire me directly if a postion is open like the paper says but they will agree to let me work there on contract terms for the same job with less the tainning. Im doing the job now i have the skills why am i denied employmetn permant when they are hiring for full time people this is nto making any scicne to me .
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by hannie: 2:58pm On May 18, 2011
^ are u sure u passed thru the 4 walls of any school at all?

I cant get anything from all the bunkum u spewed up there shocked
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by chrisegwua: 3:57pm On May 18, 2011
Hi Offfended,

proof-read pls,

tnx
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 18, 2011
Ur write up and vocabulary is so horrible, People like you make employers of labour feel that most job searchers are not sound, I'm not trying2 insult you, but you need2 work on your vocabulary, choice of words and next time try to proof read your posts.
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by mimikendel: 9:29pm On May 18, 2011
Am sorry but am kinda lost here.what message exactly are u passing across.i still dont understand at all even after i had read it like 3 times cos it all seem like jargons to me.please resend in a better way as we all know communication is incomplete if the recipient finds it hard to comprehend.Thanx.
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by aieromon(m): 10:34pm On May 18, 2011
How you got employed in the first place beats me,sohn
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by 3dhunter(m): 3:22am On May 19, 2011
Please put this in the jokes section grin
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by agbowo: 8:44am On May 19, 2011
Dear all,

I sincerely think some reactions to posts are harsh and we tend to impetuously conclude, the young man was jus narrating his exp. and if can not decipher what is written, hold your peace, angry angry angry angryBloody ITK angry
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by thought: 11:32am On May 19, 2011
so what does this have to do with d discussion topic
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by hannie: 1:31pm On May 19, 2011
agbowo:

Dear all,

I sincerely think some reactions to posts are harsh and we tend to impetuously conclude, the young man was jus narrating his exp. and if can not decipher what is written, hold your peace, angry angry angry angryBloody ITK angry

WILL SHUT THE HELL UP AND STOP SOUNDING LIKE A WELDER THAT HAS LOST HIS GOGGLES? angry

TWERPS LIKE U, ARE THE REASON WHY NIGERIA HAS REMAINED PERPETUALLY ENSLAVED TO BAD GOVERNANCE AND MEDIOCRITY IN ALMOST ALL SPHERES OF LIFE!
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by delegurl(f): 1:53pm On May 19, 2011
Bad Posting,  You can't get any job at a place like that,  you can try somewhere else but not NNPC.

Engage yourself in any training school on how to write Articles, Letters, Message Posting on the Internet etc and even on your spoken English

Stay blessed.
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by caringchi(f): 5:48pm On May 19, 2011
NO OFFENCE MEANT, PLS
but i just the post should learn a trade, cos with that kind of english, SMH
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by tankwa: 6:21pm On May 19, 2011
offended

pls do not be offended.This happend 32 months ago.Congrats, you have been working for 32month.
I am still searching for.But try to use spell check before posting.
thank you
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by ZugoZugo: 8:26am On May 20, 2011
House that was a bit harsh on the young man. I guess this is what he was trying to say:

Well here is the picture. I applied for a job and got an interview. The interview went great and she (the interviewer) said she liked me and so i got a 2nd interview and he (the second interviewer) said i was well qualified for the job. I called about a week later and asked if they have made any decistions and they said yes. They said: we like you a lot but there are 2 other people that had better qualifications so we're going to put your resume at the top of the list should another position open up. Well about 2 weeks passed and another position opened up. It was advertised in the local paper and so i gave them a call and said i see you have more positions open in the paper. She said we haven't hired anyone yet but that my resume is still in file. After 3 days I got a denial of employment letter by mail and i was like hmm thats wierd. So next i decided to go through a temporary staffing agency that does a lot of contract work. First job was alright but just temporary. The temp service agency calls me and says: hey we got somthig for you that will last 4 days and I said sure. Two days later i found out the temporary job was for the same place that i was denied employment. Well the staffing agency had to send my information over to that place to be pretty sure and see if they want me to work there temporarily and the same persons that denied me employment said it was okay. I am now working at the place i wanted to but through a temp service for 4 days and i just looked in the papers today and what do I see, the same company just put an advert in the paper for hiring of full time staff for the same job that i'm doing for the temporary agency. I don't understand why they will not hire me directly if a position is open like the paper says but they will agree to let me work there on contract terms for the same job with less the tainning. Im doing the job now, i have the skills why am i denied employment for a permanent position when they are hiring for full time. This does not make sense to me.
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by ZugoZugo: 8:33am On May 20, 2011
@ Offended. Your experience is not new in the country. The system is highly corrupt and yet we blame our leaders for all the wrongs in our country.

It is our prayer that someday the Lord will intervene cos it is only with God's intervention that such evil practices will stop.

Better luck in your future endeavor.

Don't give up trying.

Cheers!
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by Relixy2k: 9:23am On May 20, 2011
Is NNPC the place you applied to or is it a private oil and gas company? If yes, then it is probable that NNPC may not employ the number of people you specified.However if it is a private oil and gas coy I do not see the point why NNPC would not employ the said number of people.Please clarify your position
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by kapitan: 1:35pm On May 20, 2011
offended got the entire house skewed, And replies went tiki taka, heheheh cool
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by Jarus(m): 2:00pm On May 20, 2011
With a graduate like this, there is urgent need to declare a state of emergency in our education system. I'm serious.
Re: Why Nnpc Wont Employ Anyone Of The 70000 Applicants by bioscom(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2011
@offended:

I am very sorry for your predicament. What happened to you had happened to many people in the past. Apart from cheking your grammar and spell checking what you post, please do not send a post that is engulfed with Vendetta. It is only God that can revenge on your behalf, if vengeance is needed in your case any way.

To me it is like you are cursing 70,000 people. These are people looking up to God praying daily for God to favour them and give them breakthrough in life. If your breakthrough hasn't come, that doesn't mean you should start cursing others. If the 70,000 descend curses on you, how long do you think it will take you to pray to get to your destiny.

Please, try and take it personally and don't visit your anger over other innocent applicants.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Job Vacancy In Warri / Medical Doctors Wanted In An Hmo-lagos / WD Hotels Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.