Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,838 members, 7,851,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. (968 Views)

I'm In The Church Now But, I'm Not Understanding Anything / Send Your Prayer Points, I'm In Church Now / Praise Be ... I Own A Church Now!!! -beyounce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
CharisEleos:

He'll get there by the grace of God.
Amen.
God Will never go against His own Word Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, who told you that those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. undecided

In John 15 vs 14, Jesus Christ told you His friends are those who do what He asks them to do - He didn't say they are those who do what He, Jesus Christ, did. In this case, the servant who does what His master commands is the good and faithful servant - not the servant who does as the master does. undecided

Pay attention! undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God Will never go against His own Word Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, who told you that those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. undecided

In John 15 vs 14, Jesus Christ told you His friends are those who do what He asks them to do - He didn't say they are those who do what He, Jesus Christ, did. In this case, the servant who does what His master commands is the good and faithful servant - not the servant who does as the master does. undecided

Pay attention! undecided

So the Bible that says greater works than he did, we'll do is not correct? SMH.
Re: I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2021
CharisEleos:

So the Bible that says greater works than he did, we'll do is not correct? SMH.
The only ones to do greater than He did are those who do as He tells them to. That is what Jesus Christ is telling you there in John 15 vs 1 - 14. Only those who abide in Him can accomplish that and those who abide in Him are, again, those who do as He commands, and not those who do as He did. undecided

Jesus Christ lived His life in submission and obedience to the Old Covenant Law of Moses in order to fulfill the Law on behalf of those He was sent to. So it would be foolishness to think that by emulating Him one can live according to the New Covenant Standard that He taught that we should instead live by. undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. by jamesid29(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Bible did not do any such thing since Jesus Christ never asked you to congregate in the churches of men as you do today. undecided

Jesus Christ instead made it known that His Church is not of this world and hence not built of your pastors and their Mogs, neither is His Church built on the doctrines and traditions of men which your churches are founded upon. undecided
If I understand you correctly, you don't accept Hebrews as part of the words of God to his people.

Why? If I may ask?
Re: I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2021
jamesid29:

1. If I understand you correctly, you don't accept Hebrews as part of the words of God to his people.

2. Why? If I may ask?
1. Wrong!

2. Jesus Christ said that man shall not live by Bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the Mouth of God - Jesus Christ is the Word of God, God's Law and Truth for all those who will believe and enter in to live in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ is God's very own established Truth- His Word is the standard against which every other idea or account is to to measured against. So no matter matter the source, if the account contradicts the Truth as declared by Jesus Christ, that account is not of Him, hence it is a lie. undecided

Now the Word is God's Law and one of the many laws Jesus Christ gave us is the laws of 2 or 3 witnesses which stipulate that by the account of 2 or 3 witnesses shall a truth (of men) be established.
15 “Moreover, if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone. If he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that ‘in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church; but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican. -
18 Verily I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; and so whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven.

19 “Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth concerning anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in Heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.” - Matthew 18 vs 15 - 20
There are 3 references to this law mentioned in the passage above, What the law essentially says is that in the case that an account does not contradict the Word of God, 2 or 3 witnesses to that account are required in order to establish it, the account, as valid, or truth.undecided

So every account of men, such as those written of in the epistles(including Hebrews), are meant to be subjected to validation against the teachings of Jesus Christ, the gold standard as far as God's Truth is concerned, and then to the law of 2 or 3 witnesses, given us by Jesus Christ for those accounts that aren't Antichrist in origin. undecided

So, it is a lie to claim that scripture is inerrant, or that the Bible is holy or infallible. Those ideas are not of God who gave us laws to help us filter out the lies, even those us by men who come to us in His name. undecided
Re: I Stop Going To Church, Now The Church Lives Inside Me. by bobestman(m): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
You have enmacipated yourself from Religious Slavery. Now, study the bible yourself with a clean and pure heart and you will see clearly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Said You Should Stop Using Perfumes — Female Preacher Warns Christians / God Is Angry With The Wickedness Of Men, I See Fire Over The Nations / To All Muslems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.