Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, (7262 Views)

Bill Gates Dab In New Photo / Meet The Nigerian Woman That Built 4 Bedroom Flat From Roasted Corn Business / Interesting Facts About Bill Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ezeagu(m): 3:54am On May 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/cezeilo/2003nov09.html

It makes us look bad to celebrate fakes. There are plenty of genuinely talent achievers, no reason to celebrate fraudsters.

So you are reading pro-Biafran websites? You are a national threat to security. You need to be locked up, foolish Ojukwu like you. angry
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ektbear: 3:58am On May 20, 2011
@Calculia: There are plenty of more interesting folks to celebrate who are untainted by fraud/dishonesty.

This Phillip Ihenacho guy (of Seven Energy) seems pretty impressive, at least to me.

Seems a better sort of youngish role model/guy to celebrate and encourage people to emulate.

If you want to find folks involves in science, tech and engineering (rather than business like the above guy), I'm sure you won't have difficulty doing so.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 3:59am On May 20, 2011
He has put Nigeria on the map like the likes of OBAMA and Kofi Annan. The only problem is that Nigeria is the only country in the world that goes out of their way to discredit his works that has been verified by internationally credited organizations and the United States Gov. All due to tribalism,

kandiikane:

Noone has answer my question? So, I will guess that this man has not done anything for Nigeria.
Why celebrate him?
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 4:03am On May 20, 2011
As i talk, th big bear at the top of my head is displaying ignorance. I really pity you,

ekt_bear:

@Calculia: There are plenty of more interesting folks to celebrate who are untainted by fraud/dishonesty.

This Phillip Ihenacho guy (of Seven Energy) seems pretty impressive, at least to me.

Seems a better sort of youngish role model/guy to celebrate and encourage people to emulate.

If you want to find folks involves in science, tech and engineering (rather than business like the above guy), I'm sure you won't have difficulty doing so.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ektbear: 4:05am On May 20, 2011
Heh, alright. I'll leave it be me. I just think naija has enough image problems with fraudulent behavior as is.

But it is a free world, do what you like.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ektbear: 4:05am On May 20, 2011
ezeagu:

So you are reading pro-Biafran websites? You are a national threat to security. You need to be locked up, foolish Ojukwu like you. angry
grin grin grin
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by kandiikane(m): 4:08am On May 20, 2011
Calculia:

He has put Nigeria on the map like the likes of OBAMA and Kofi Annan. The only problem is that Nigeria is the only country in the world that goes out of their way to discredit his works that has been verified by internationally credited organizations and the United States Gov. All due to tribalism,

Right, are there more of his work you can post? Nigeria is already on the map why celebrate someone who is not going to put his "brain" in good use back in Africa?
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 4:13am On May 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh, alright. I'll leave it be me. I just think naija has enough image problems with fraudulent behavior as is.

But it is a free world, do what you like.

LOL! It is funny to hear Nigerians talking about fraud over 21years after a unique award was presented to a fellow Nigerian by credible international organisations and the US Government. Why haven't they called back the award? ethnocentric Fool!
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ektbear: 4:15am On May 20, 2011
^-- Heh. Seriously, there is no need to make this a tribal issue.

Just read the words of your co-ethnic on that Biafra website I linked to earlier.

No reason to take my word for it. . . just read the argument on that site and see if you agree or disagree.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 4:20am On May 20, 2011
Now he runs to an invisible Biafra posting he did earlier. Dementia must be a common illnes in Nigeria because many of you on this site act retarded. Absolutely ludicrous tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ektbear: 4:22am On May 20, 2011
Heh. Between the two of us, I wonder who a neutral third party will think is demented.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ezeagu(m): 4:23am On May 20, 2011
Neutral third party: 'Na all of una krase reash!'
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by aljharem3: 4:29am On May 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh. Between the two of us, I wonder who a neutral third party will think is demented.

emeaguali is yoruba so what is everyones problem

he comfimed it himself
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 4:32am On May 20, 2011
Heh.  I belief Alhj Harem has just sign posted you as the demented one. oloshi, oloriburuku.

ekt_bear:

Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 10:43am On May 20, 2011
Emeagwali ™ Voted History's 35th Greatest African (pdf, html)
Inducted into gallery of history's 70 greatest black achievers.
In top 35: Mandela, Nkrumah, Pele, Bob Marley, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King.

Emeagwali's Monday Essays

TIME: The "Unsung Hero" Behind the Internet
"The Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali" - TIME magazine
"A father of the Internet" - CNN
"One of the great minds of the Information Age" - Bill Clinton (The White House)

BBC Hails Emeagwali as "Digital Giant"

A four-minute excerpt
BBC Digital Giants Philip Emeagwali
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:44am On May 21, 2011
This is suppose to be on the front page to celebrate the excellence of Nigerians. It already has a record over 600 hundred views from just the politics section.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by chino11(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2011
All the Yorubas put together cannot equal one Emeagwali. What Emeagwali achieved can never be achieved by the Yorubas home and abroad, even a rogue soyinka with his fake degrees cannot untie Great Emeagwali shoes
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by apoti(m): 1:31pm On May 21, 2011
chino11:

All the Yorubas  put together cannot equal one Emeagwali. What Emeagwali achieved can never  be achieved by the Yorubas home and abroad, even a rogue soyinka with his fake degrees cannot untie Great Emeagwali shoes

Thank you, we agree, you are correct, you won.

Can we close this thread now  undecided
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 4:04pm On May 21, 2011
This thread will not be closed until Nairaland pays homage to Great Emeka Emeagwali. It is ironic that the tread that focuses on Ethnocentric claims made the front page but that which celebrates ingenuity of a fellow Nigerian must die. Is it any surprise why the country Nigeria never progress.

How can they progress wen igbo hating yorubas go out of their way to discredit a man of his work on ethnocentric grounds. Anti-igbo mindset by the yorubas must stop. Anti-cultural diversity is an ungodly act and a sin, hence must stop.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 21, 2011
How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-534775.0.html

Emeagwali Lied Again!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-554797.0.html

Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19285.0.html

Philip Emeagwali – Genius Or Crook?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-177876.0.html

Are Philip Emeagwali's Claims Fraudulent?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31725.0.html

Saharareporters: Emeagwali Responds: What Did Emeagwali Discover?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-551896.0.html
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 21, 2011
Now SEUN please kindly, put it on the FRONTPAGE.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by RoadStar: 2:20am On May 22, 2011
Anyone not bright enough to see the fraudulent activities of this man is a very gaullible person.
The man has mental problem !
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:55pm On May 22, 2011
Look at these clown, trying to rub mud on the great Emeka Philip Emeagwali. I pity the both of you because you obviously don't have fathers, so u wouldn't know wat it means to be refered to as the Father of the Internet. Fatherless Tribalist tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Emeagwali, we  pay u homage.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 1:25pm On May 23, 2011
The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' of Africa. Who is the person that want to contest with that title in Africa and the world. Abeg pay homage to Great Emeka Philip Emeagwali
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by ezeagu(m): 5:00pm On May 23, 2011
RoadStar:

Anyone not bright enough to see the fraudulent activities of this man is a very gaullible person.
[size=18pt]The man has mental problem ![/size]

- nairaland.com
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 12:45pm On May 24, 2011
@ Jarus and Aisha2,

Withover 1000 views just from the politics section since the topic Nigerian Bill Gates of Africa was created on Friday.

This is an intellectual social networking site for Nigerians and that is why i joined to engage in stimulating intellectual debate concerning Nigerians .

Please kindly place the topic on the front page so we can get a wider opinion and debate. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-670431.0.htm
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by apoti(m): 6:52pm On May 24, 2011
Calculia:

@ Jarus and Aisha2,

Withover 1000 views just from the politics section since the topic Nigerian Bill Gates of Africa was created on Friday.

This is an intellectual social networking site for Nigerians and that is why i joined to engage in stimulating intellectual debate concerning Nigerians .

Please kindly place the topic on the front page so we can get a wider opinion and debate. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-670431.0.htm

You don't have to lobby to get your thread on the first page cheesy only threads with relevant info make it there wink
so stop wasting your time,

The speech you quoted was made over 4 years ago, and everyone knows about it already. you've only succeeded in bring up the controversies again.
Re: The Nigerian 'Bill Gates' Of Africa, by Calculia: 12:07am On Jun 29, 2011
a man that we all can be proud of.,real original and not fake, like the haters would have us believe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Fund Binary.com Account Please Help / VCC: Top Best Places To Generate Virtual Credit Cards For Online Transactions / 1million Naira Business For My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.