Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) (3212 Views)

Makeup Artist Transforms Her Face To Davido And Williams Uchemba (Pix) / Vector Reacts To Buhari's "Youths Are Lazy" Comment With This Photo / Banky W Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by IamHeWrites: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nollywood actor Williams Uchemba has stated that anyone living in the United Kingdom and the United States of America without a job is either lazy or proud, Igbere TV reports.

The former child actor said this in an Instagram post on Monday, stating that a system that works always provides employment for its citizens.

“If you don’t have a job in the UK or US, you are either proud or lazy. Even people with zero education as a cleaner or factory worker gets a minimum of 1,400 pounds a month. That’s 980k a month, even a bank in Nigeria won’t give you that.

“The only issue is that the bills will take most of the money back. But at least you have food and a roof over your head. A system that works will always provide employment for its citizens. A system that works,” he wrote.

https://instagram.com/stories/williamsuchemba/2641734979875341778?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=share_sheet

The Abia-born filmmaker joined Nollywood as a child actor in 2000. He has featured in over 50 films.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by donbachi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
100% correct.

5 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Bola146(f): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2021
shocked shocked na to get there remain lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by habsydiamond(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
When there is enough jobs to go round.. The economy will be affected positively.. There will be revenue going back to the government's purse... In this country reverse is the case.. Nothing is entering the pocket and the govt is evenly ready to milk out ur blood since u don't have the funds for revenue.. U don't provide good roads, good electricity, good health care yet u want to be collecting revenue. Atimes if I think about all the events happening in this country.. I wish I can just be given birth to in one advanced nation unlike our stagnant jungle....

3 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
I agree with him 100%

3 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by pocohantas(f): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
Even people with zero education as a cleaner or factory worker gets a minimum of 1,400 pounds a month. That’s 980k a month, even a bank in Nigeria won’t give you that.

I have a major problem with people quick to convert foreign earnings to Naira. Irritates me. He has a point though, you’ll definitely see jobs to get by. Lots of Nigerians (and blacks) are comfortable with these kinda jobs. They get stuck in warehouse and Burger King, to the extent that when you go to corporate America, you’ll think blacks were banned from applying for such jobs.

11 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by 1Sharon(f): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2021
1400 a month will not have a roof, food and bills in London.

1 Like

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Lifeisgoody: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
You're right. London is a world class city.
Main reasons people migrate to other cities in the UK for a less expensive life
1Sharon:

3 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by BanevsJoker(m): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Monthly rent is about 1000 dollars.

1 Like

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Elzazzi: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Buhari don already destroy everything. Buhari came to steal, kill and destroy .
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Nuelito: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2021
Overfresh dey worry this guy....Omo see as person dey like today's bread
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Craggybogg: 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
1Sharon:

That's so true London and Lagos are in the same category!

1 Like

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
1Sharon:
u lived there or what or just projecting? Even if London is expensive Atleast other Cities are still better than Abuja
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by CheedyJ(m): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Craggybogg:

That's so true London and Lagos are in the same category!
Thanks for this GREAT revelation, wouldn’t have known that there’s keke napep & okada plying major roads in London ..
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by samwash(m): 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Waytin his guy they talk self?
We have many jobs in Nigeria also.
You do menial jobs aboard & earn in $,€,£ & you are quick to convert to our local currency, do you think that wages per hrs can survive you over there? Even if it is, you go hear ham well we'll.
The same thing in Nigeria also, the pay can't survive us there.
When you talk of very high profile & professional jobs, how many black are there?
Just a few percentage.

2 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Queenslander(f): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
So true!! ✔️
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by WoundedLamb: 4:54am On Aug 18, 2021
pocohantas:

I have a major problem with people quick to convert foreign earnings to Naira. Irritates me. He has a point though. You’ll see jobs to get by. Lots of Nigerians (and blacks) are comfortable with these kinda jobs. They get stuck in warehouse and Burger King, to the extent that when you go to corporate America, you’ll think someone banned blacks from applying for such jobs.

I agree with you. Converting one's earnings abroad to one's home currency is just ridiculous. It's not as if you earn in dollars and spend in Naira. The banker in Nigeria might still get more value for his money. Nevertheless, he has a point in the sense that, despite the fact that you spend almost everything you earn, these jobs ensure you have somewhere to sleep and something to eat. The western structure makes being poor much more bearable.

Your second point is also very valid. Many black kids out here don't enough role models to look up to. We need more educated immigrants who are career driven.

3 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by BigDawsNet: 6:26am On Aug 18, 2021
Funny dude

A man here in LA was looking for a job...he started sharing a copy of CV for people on the streets and sometimes will put up a poster card standing beside it on the road...the dude is a US Citizen by birth...and you here saying wot u don't know...

If he was trying to say getting a menial job! Then his right...you can even get 3 at same time only if you have the energy to work it

2 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2021
samwash:
Waytin his guy they talk self?
We have many jobs in Nigeria also.
You do menial jobs aboard & earn in $,€,£ & you are quick to convert to our local currency, do you think that wages per hrs can survive you over there? Even if it is, you go hear ham well we'll.
The same thing in Nigeria also, the pay can't survive us there.
When you talk of very high profile & professional jobs, how many black are there?
Just a few percentage.

You talk without thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Divija(f): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2021
Ehnnnn how can you get to US or USA... I just want to check something... I will be back when am done checking...
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by phemmyfour: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2021
IamHeWrites:
Nollywood actor Williams Uchemba has stated that anyone living in the United Kingdom and the United States of America without a job is either lazy or proud, Igbere TV reports.

The former child actor said this in an Instagram post on Monday, stating that a system that works always provides employment for its citizens.

https://instagram.com/stories/williamsuchemba/2641734979875341778?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=share_sheet

The Abia-born filmmaker joined Nollywood as a child actor in 2000. He has featured in over 50 films.

Lalasticlala
And they ll tell you it's not greener at the other side. An actor that couldn't pay his children school fees here in 10yrs, now has a land just 2yrs after leaving the country
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2021
pocohantas:

I have a major problem with people quick to convert foreign earnings to Naira. Irritates me. He has a point though. You’ll see jobs to get by. Lots of Nigerians (and blacks) are comfortable with these kinda jobs. They get stuck in warehouse and Burger King, to the extent that [b]when you go [/b]to corporate America, you’ll think someone banned blacks from applying for such jobs.

aunty wey *** undecided like say she don go america herself undecided next time start with, "won nii" or "they say when you go to america." cos the poco we know no go pass ban beach & resort.

i dedicate my release grin to the thousands of soul @ kabul airport holding on to Us plane no matter how long, freedom Acerta!

5 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Zanzibar1: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2021
Mumuman so what about the government creating an unemployment payment scheme.
All these uninformed and unknown artist Sha
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Zanzibar1: 8:15am On Aug 18, 2021
donbachi:
100% correct.
100% wrong. Search for CARES and some other social financial programs meant to assist the unemployed and those affected by covid19 in the US.
Does he know better than their government
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2021
larryjonze:

aunty wey *** undecided like say she don go america herself undecided next time start with, "won nii" or "they say when you go to america." cos the poco we know no go pass ban beach & resort.

i dedicate my release grin to the thousands of soul @ kabul airport holding on to Us plane no matter how long, freedom Acerta!
You and this your Pocohantas girlfriend, when una go marry self cheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 8:53am On Aug 18, 2021
1Sharon:
Yeah $1400 is very little and wouldn't take care of your house rent and other bills especially in a very expensive place like London unless you relocate to less expensive cities, little wonder why you will find alot of Nigerians living in peckham neighborhood, infact most hardworking Nigerians there have like 3 jobs or more to sustain themselves

10 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Craggybogg: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2021
CheedyJ:

Thanks for this GREAT revelation, wouldn’t have known that there’s keke napep & okada plying major roads in London ..

I was talking in terms of accommodation, good food and Monthly Bills and Taxes(if that is inclusive). Moreover we have keke and Okada in Lagos because we don't have subway Train systems in Lagos. You can't earn £1400 monthly in London and live comfortably lai lai!
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by pocohantas(f): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I agree with you. Converting one's earnings abroad to one's home currency is just ridiculous. It's not as if you earn in dollars and spend in Naira. The banker in Nigeria might still get more value for his money. Nevertheless, he has a point in the sense that, despite the fact that you spend almost everything you earn, these jobs ensure you have somewhere to sleep and something to eat. The western structure makes being poor much more bearable.

Your second point is also very valid. Many black kids out here don't enough role models to look up to. We need more educated immigrants who are career driven.

I don’t know why they keep doing that conversion, because earning almost 1m is a lot in Nigeria. Someone earning that amount would be far from poor by Nigerian standard.

Black kids are more interested in sports and entertainment. Someone once complained to me that he went to the UK and he kept looking for Nigerians (blacks) in certain sectors. I guess they are okay with earning and sending some back home for building projects. Every other thing is jara.

4 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by tydi(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2021
“a system that works” he wrote..

Let’s leave it there for another day another topic. !
Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by tydi(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2021
pocohantas:

I have a major problem with people quick to convert foreign earnings to Naira. Irritates me. He has a point though, you’ll definitely see jobs to get by. Lots of Nigerians (and blacks) are comfortable with these kinda jobs. They get stuck in warehouse and Burger King, to the extent that when you go to corporate America, you’ll think someone banned blacks from applying for such jobs.

You talk so boastfully like you’ve been there

9 Likes

Re: If You’re Unemployed In The UK Or US You Are Lazy – Actor Williams Uchemba (Pix) by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
You and this your Pocohantas girlfriend, when una go marry self cheesycheesy

i won't stand here n watch you insult her, do you know her age, what happens to mummy or aunty.

you can now apologize angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBN Whitemoney Splashes Over Millions As He Buys A Brand New Tear Rubber Maybach / Bow Wow and Tyra Banks Share a Kiss / Scary Photos Of Dancehall Artiste That Got Goat Horn Implants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.