Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris (1670 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2011
Hebrews 10:25 TLB
 Let us not neglect church meetings, as some people do…

The Bible says concerning Jesus that

“…he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read” (Luke 4:16).

In other words, Jesus had a culture of regularly going to the synagogue – the designated place of worship. It was part of His personal discipline and devotion. If the Master took going to the synagogue to be an important spiritual activity, then you ought to make going to church an important priority in your life.

Going to church is more than just a weekly routine as some folks think. The Apostle Paul warned, “Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do…” (Hebrews 10:25 TLB). He expressed his displeasure at those who wouldn’t go to church and warned others not to copy their attitude. Make a personal commitment to always be in church on the days of worship. Don’t skip church services or go only when it’s convenient for you.

If you can be disciplined enough to go to work every day of the week, and not only when it’s convenient, then you ought to discipline yourself even more to be at church services, meetings and programs in your local assembly, and in time too!

If your home is so far away that you can’t make it regularly to church, then talk to your Pastor about it, and make your home available for a new church to begin. Begin to win souls in your area, and then send a message to the Pastor to send someone down to teach the people. From that little fellowship, God will cause an increase and before long, the church will grow out of there. But you would have pioneered something great for the Lord.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me this day the importance of going to church and being in the environment of faith, where I’m taught the Word, equipped and trained to be more effective in the work of the Kingdom. May the zeal for your house continually burn in me, causing me not only to be in church always, but also to teach others to come, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Re: More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris by Nobody: 8:33am On May 19, 2011
Strategic Objectives:
Get more bodies in these seats. More bodies, more money souls saved .
Expansion of the business church.
Profit Preach the gospel

Operational Objectives:
1) Guilt trip using tales by moonlight from the bible,
2) Create services, meetings, crusades, holy ghost nights, holy spirit nights, holy water nights, holy cow!
3) More guilt trip with threats of eternal damnation.
4) Project the image the customers congregation hope to be eg nice suits, well groomed, passport with visas from different countries that the congregation dream about. Speak like a well travelled, well educated man of god fake an accent([s]you can sound like a constipated tony soprano with a head cold from new jersey, as long as you have a foreign accent[/s])
5)Perfrom magic shows to wow the sheep. Atmosphere for miracles.
6) Constant barrage of bible talk ( the feel good parts only)
7) Remind the customers that the real goods you're selling will be received by them AFTER they die (DON'T WORRY, THEY ARE SCARED OF NOT EXISTING AND WILL BELIEVE THIS NO MATTER HOW EXTRAORDINARY YOUR CLAIMS ABOUT THIS PLACE ARE)
cool) Profit!!!!!!!

Compliance Objectives:
1) YOU MUST TITHE. Seriously folks, you don't want to rob the creator of the 13.7billion year old 6000 yr old universe, he needs your money!!!
2) Look at number one.
3) Again, look at number one. And NO, the tithe isn't for us, it's for the church and the glory of god.
4) Be punctual and present at every show service.
5) Do not believe anything that contradicts our ancient jewish manual bible. (don't worry, god's ways are mysterious)
6) Seriously guys, god might smite you if you violate number 5 above.
7) A blessed person shows appreciation by giving to the church.
cool) Number one again. You don't want to go to hell now, do you?
9) TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM
10)TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM
11) TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM
12) The 3 previous objectives are not typos, god told me to write it three times to drive the point home.
13) If you live too far away and can't make it to enough shows fellowships, tell the pastor. DO NOT ATTEND OTHER CHURCHES THAT ARE CLOSER TO YOUR HOUSE, BECAUSE THEY TEACH "FALSE DOCTRINE".
14) In case of 13, start a new fellowship in your place of abode. The pastor will send a circus master junior pastor to direct the circus new branch of our church. We have to expand the business reach more souls in these last days!!!
15) Refer to numero uno.

[b]Reporting Objectives:[/b]WE REPORT TO GOD!
Re: More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris by patrick45(m): 9:45am On May 19, 2011
@ Joagbaje, thank you for doing this. In your own way you are promoting the Gospel of our lord Jesus. May God our Father keep you and uphold you in Jesus name.

Have a good day.
Re: More Than A Weekly Routine- Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 2:07pm On May 19, 2011
@ Joagbaje
this couldn't have come at any better time than when we have certain persons who have questioned the necessity of the fellowship of the brethren under a co-operate anoiting in church

(1) (Reply)

Pope Condemns Gay Marriage - Says It's "Unnatural" And A Threat To Peace / Smoking Is Not A Sin ~ (deu 19:22) / Coincidence Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.