Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (63655 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / Car Travelling From Rivers To Benin Involved In Accident. Conductor Dies(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by travelwaka: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2021
If you are planning to visit the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this post is for you. It will cover everything you need to know about crossing one of the busiest borders in West Africa.

Requirements For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the following are the requirements:
Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic will have to present their International Passport at the border.

The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you have received a dose of the yellow fever vaccine.

Vaccines To Take Before Visiting Benin Republic
Ensure you take these two vaccines before you visit Benin republic. If you do not, you will have issues with the Port health at the border. When you go for the yellow fever vaccine, ensure you ask them for Meningitis too. They will probably fix another date for that. These are the two basic vaccines you need to take before visiting Benin Republic.

Vaccine Requirement
Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to protect you against yellow fever
Meningitis Vaccines:

The Language
French is the official language. The other languages include Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages.

The Currency
The official currency of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is also known as the West African CFA Franc.

How to Get To the Republic of Benin Through Seme Border
There are different ways to get into Benin from Nigeria
Idi Iroko Border
The Seme Border

The Different Options To get into Benin Republic
1. Flight - Getting a flight to Republic of Benin is often difficult, flights are only available on specific days
2. Boat - This is another option to cross into the country, however this is not well-structured
3. Road - This is the most popular option. more than 90 per cent of the people that travel to Benin use this option. This is why we will only focus on road transportation.

Different Options for Road Transportation
1. International Transportation companies : These are structured transportation companies that move from Lagos to Benin. They are well structured. The transportation cost from Lagos To Benin ranges from 20,000 to 45,000.
2. Charter a car: You can decide to charter a vehicle from Lagos to Benin. The cost ranges from between 70,000 to 150,000 per day. This depends on your location, the type of vehicle etc.
3. Drive all the way: You may decide to drive all the way. Ensure you have the necessary documents like international drivers license and permit.
4. Use public transportation system: this is one of the cheapest form of transportation. You can decide to take public transportation to Badagry, From Badagry to Seme , from Seme border to Cotonou etc.

Cost for Crossing Seme Border
To be sincere I do not know why they do this, but you will be made to pay before your passport is stamped. You pay about 1,000 for already passport passport and between 3,000 to 7,000 for virgin passports. Note: You wont get a receipt for these payment, this means it is definitely not going into the Govt pocket.

Tips when visiting Benin
1. Understand the exchange rate
2. Change Naira to cefa at the border
3. Get a translator app
4. Get a Benin SIM card at the border
5. Get a universal adapter
6. Learn basic vocabulary

Cost of Hotels in Benin
Getting a hotel in Benin is somehow not easy. There are very few hotels in Benin compared to Nigeria. An average 10,000 hotel in Nigeria will be going for between 20,000 to 30,000 in Benin. Hotels are generally expensive - Good hotels starts from between 10,000 to 75,000

Accommodation Options in Benin
1. Hotels
2. Air BnB
3. Short lets
4. Resorts
5. Rent a house (if you plan to stay more than a month.)

Things to Do in Benin
There are so many things to do at Benin Republic

1. Enjoy the diverse street foods
2. Visit the python temple
3. Visit the Benin slave route
4. Visit the Casa Del Papa Resort
5. Visit the National Park
6. Visit Genvie
7. Attend the Benin Republic cultural festival
8. Visit the beach
9. Do a city Tour
10. Visit the historical buildings in Benin

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/travel-to-benin-republic-from-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/

47 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by travelwaka: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2021
Here is everything you need to know when visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria. If you are looking at travelling to Benin please kindly follow me on social media www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours
www.facebook.com/travelwakatours

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by travelwaka: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2021
Structures from Benin Republic

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by travelwaka: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2021
Lalasticlala here is everything you need to know about travelling from Lagos To Benin Republic.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Maxwell08: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
Buying sim in seme is a scam, 3000 cefa while in cotonou its 200-300cefa.
I had fun dou and stayed around jonquet for a week.
Pic:obama beach

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Goodluckall: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
Following
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by femijay8271(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice one op

This Yellow fever vaccine and Meningitis Vaccine, pls where can I get and how much is it?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
You don't mean it

Yorubas should be merged to Benin republic

They are same people

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Nuelito: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
That country dey organized to an extent.

OP thanks for sharing

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by verybadmouth(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
Benin Republic. Are you joking?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by saphiere(f): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
Who is taking me there?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by hammedkola(m): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
I must visit this year

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Afolavid: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
No worry abeg, make I just stay my naija... embarassed embarassed embarassed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2021
Igboho that took that route is still being hunted by Buratai. No be me n una

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by OLamylove: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Wow, Stunning and Intricate Analysis

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by arthurwillia(m): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Saved incase kassala burst

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by PrincessBecks(f): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by nomaison(m): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
Was there in 2017. Funny enough nobody asked for any document I guess it was because we went with an Immigration officer. Sweet country

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by porthouse7(f): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
[right][/right]make una no come spoil dis country for person again ooo, they where u are Nigeria go better

6 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Interesting
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by smalldoctor: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
In 6 month tym I believed would had gathered hug money. Since Canada embassy in Niaja dey denied us. I kuku go there japa.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Elidrisy20: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
That statue with breast, means Bleep go plenty for there

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by YungMillionaire: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
Humble yourself. Remember just over 1% of Nigerians are members of Nairaland.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Felabrity: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
All these wahala for benin republic

3 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Forgodsgrace: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
Just find your way to Badagry ,then take a cab to Seme.Once you get the seme,make sure you have at least 2k for settlement and crossing .You can as well go by Boat from Mile 2 to Port Norvo(3hrs 30m)

95 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video) / This Is How To Wear Seat Belt When Pregnant / AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.