Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (64139 Views)

Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Mabfarm: 7:46am On Jul 18, 2022
Teewonders:
My mum is from Benin republic and I know very much about the country, if anyone interested to know anything about the country feel free to ask me
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by sirrotex: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Can anyone help with the updated cost of getting to Cotonou from mile 2
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2022
sirrotex:
Can anyone help with the updated cost of getting to Cotonou from mile 2

Current cost as at today, 5th of November is about #4000... Note: I factored in the exchange rate

Note that the CEFA is now more valuable than the naira... As in #1000 gives you just 800cfa... So you'll be spending more

From Iyana-Iba to Badagry is still #1000... From Badagry to Seme is #400... Alight at the last busstop and just walk forward, you'll see the big gate and right beside it, the small gate. Follow the small gate, don't let anyone deceive you to follow the big one. Crossing the border without passport will cost you #800... It's #200 at each point

Tips: If you have passport, don't bring it out when you get to the border. Pass the small gate and if they ask for passport, just bring out your money and give to them.

However, between Badagry to Seme, one of the 12 checkpoints is for Immigration, if those ones search your cab and ask who you are, tell them the state you are from, and tell them you're going to Seme to FLEX... Show them your passport, they'll free you immediately. If they ask where in Seme, just name one of the beaches...

Secret is, without passport, DON'T TELL THE IMMIGRATION officers at the Badagry-Seme road that you are crossing over... Just incase you tell them you're crossing, they'll bill you 2k, just smile and say 1k or 5h, any amount you want to give

Very important, WHEN YOU GET TO THE BORDER, DON'T BRING OUT YOUR PASSPORT, JUST HOLD YOUR #200... Change your money (or #500 if you have church mind), although some will give you change, some WON'T GIVE

In all, I think the bosses are reoeientating the border officials because they are now very CIVIL and RESPECTFUL, especially to youths... I don't know the reason, but I noticed all the hostilities previously experienced have been lacking of late. They act very, very, very courteous to young guys at the border

Annoying part is, some young guys now want to take advantage of that to behave anyhow and talk anyhow to the immigration guys at the border, thank God for the few soldiers there who put them in their place constantly.

(DON'T enter bike to cross, or listen to those that'll follow you telling you they can cross you... Just walk forward towards the small gate. If you are loss, walk up to any of the policemen/women, tell them you are looking for the small gate, that you want to cross, but you don't have passport... Make sure you walk to the policemen/women in groups... You'll see them. They'll point it out to you..drop #500 to say thank you, if you want... most won't ask anything... and walk on)

Damn... I talk too much... Lol

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by sirrotex: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
Well said. Thank you. I am really pained at this new exchange rate though
Yampotatocarrot:

Current cost as at today, 5th of November is about #4000... Note: I factored in the exchange rate

Note that the CEFA is now more valuable than the naira... As in #1000 gives you just 800cfa... So you'll be spending more

From Iyana-Iba to Badagry is still #1000... From Badagry to Seme is #400... Alight at the last busstop and just walk forward, you'll see the big gate and right beside it, the small gate. Follow the small gate, don't let anyone deceive you to follow the big one. Crossing the border without passport will cost you #800... It's #200 at each point

Tips: If you have passport, don't bring it out when you get to the border. Pass the small gate and if they ask for passport, just bring out your money and give to them.

However, between Badagry to Seme, one of the 12 checkpoints is for Immigration, if those ones search your cab and ask who you are, tell them the state you are from, and tell them you're going to Seme to FLEX... Show them your passport, they'll free you immediately. If they ask where in Seme, just name one of the beaches...

Secret is, without passport, DON'T TELL THE IMMIGRATION officers at the Badagry-Seme road that you are crossing over... Just incase you tell them you're crossing, they'll bill you 2k, just smile and say 1k or 5h, any amount you want to give

Very important, WHEN YOU GET TO THE BORDER, DON'T BRING OUT YOUR PASSPORT, JUST HOLD YOUR #200... Change your money (or #500 if you have church mind), although some will give you change, some WON'T GIVE

In all, I think the bosses are reoeientating the border officials because they are now very CIVIL and RESPECTFUL, especially to youths... I don't know the reason, but I noticed all the hostilities previously experienced have been lacking of late. They act very, very, very courteous to young guys at the border

Annoying part is, some young guys now want to take advantage of that to behave anyhow and talk anyhow to the immigration guys at the border, thank God for the few soldiers there who put them in their place constantly.

(DON'T enter bike to cross, or listen to those that'll follow you telling you they can cross you... Just walk forward towards the small gate. If you are loss, walk up to any of the policemen/women, tell them you are looking for the small gate, that you want to cross, but you don't have passport... Make sure you walk to the policemen/women in groups... You'll see them. They'll point it out to you..drop #500 to say thank you, if you want... most won't ask anything... and walk on)

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2022
sirrotex:
Well said. Thank you. I am really pained at this new exchange rate though

I was actually surprised, because last week, it was #1000 to 900cfa

By evening at the border, some were already changing at 750cfa
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Danny4God(m): 11:01am On Nov 06, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

thats crazy. things are going worse
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by sirrotex: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
This means that by December it would tank further. Sad indeed. I only hope that this exchange rate would not make me cancel my proposed trip
Yampotatocarrot:

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
sirrotex:
This means that by December it would tank further. Sad indeed. I only hope that this exchange rate would not make me cancel my proposed trip

Sure, I expect it to hover around 600cfa soon... Atleast it will balance there for a while

You want to take a road trip? Which countries?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Sikay19(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Sure, I expect it to hover around 600cfa soon... Atleast it will balance there for a while

can I have your contact sir ?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by sirrotex: 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2022
Yea. Badagry, Cotonou and Togo
Yampotatocarrot:

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by wumi2017(f): 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
Who wl take me there bayi
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by chiefolododo(m): 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=Mabfarm post=114841277][/quote]ok
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by iykehill: 9:49am On Nov 11, 2022
Temitopex:

You can't get Porto-Novo directly from Owode. You'd have to get to Idiroko first which would cost less than or about #200 from Owode. From Idiroko, you'd then take bike across to Igolo which is #1,000 or #1,500 depending on your bargaining power. It is majorly #1,500 for two people. So from Igolo, you'd see taxis to wherever you intend going within the country there.

Please we want to visit Porto novo, we are coming from Abuja and according to the transport company they will stop us at Jibowu. We intend going through idiroko border and want our passports stamped except for an infant without a passport. Please how can we move from Jibowu so we can get to idiroko border route

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2022
iykehill:

Please we want to visit Porto novo, we are coming from Abuja and according to the transport company they will stop us at Jibowu. We intend going through idiroko border and want our passports stamped except for an infant without a passport. Please how can we move from Jibowu so we can get to idiroko border route

Sorry for the late response please. You would need to get to Oju-Ore from Jibowu. To make life easier, use Bolt ride from Jibowu to this place because boarding buses with an infant won't be a nice experience. At Oju-Ore, you'd see taxis heading to Owode for about #500 per head. When at Owode, Idiroko is about #200 per head. You'd tell the cab man you want to alight at the border since you need your passports stamped. There is no straight bus from Oju-Ore to Idiroko when I last went there except maybe there is now. You can only get a straight bus back to Sango/Oju-Ore from idiroko, not while going.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by StoicAdvisor: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2022
Temitopex:

I'm sorry but it is obvious you haven't been there, and it's sad on how people criticize Togo and benin republic because of their names. Those countries are way better than today's Nigeria. Take it or leave it.

Any idea about the cost of the apartment there? For example, can 100k naira get me a good three-bedroom apartment in a good area monthly?

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2022
StoicAdvisor:

Any idea about the cost of the apartment there? For example, can 100k naira get me a good three-bedroom apartment in a good area monthly?

You mean 100k for apartment alone, or for your monthly expenses plus accommodation?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by bebeto2014: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2022
Mekudi:
how
please how can I get Nicaragua tourist visa,
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by StoicAdvisor: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
Temitopex:

You mean 100k for apartment alone, or for your monthly expenses plus accommodation?

Just for rent alone
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by reucom: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Well-done man. You are so on point with your information.
We need people like you here. God bless you man.
Keep your updates coming. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
StoicAdvisor:

Just for rent alone

If it's just this, then you'd obviously get something very comfortable in a conducive environment. That's a good budget.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by StoicAdvisor: 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Temitopex:

If it's just this, then you'd obviously get something very comfortable in a conducive environment. That's a good budget.

How do one go looking for house there? Any website or agency? I want to live in Cotonou, which good neighborhood should I target? I don't mind taking the rent up to 200k monthly.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
StoicAdvisor:

How do one go looking for house there? Any website or agency? I want to live in Cotonou, which good neighborhood should I target? I don't mind taking the rent up to 200k monthly.

Depending on your budget, you can live in the high class area which is called Haie Vive. That is where most of the rich live, so you should get 100-200k monthly apartment there. The cheap areas to live is in Porto-Novo.

Regarding agency, I don't know of any but you can make some research online and even on YouTube. There are contents about rentals in Benin Republic there.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by extee86: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Pls can anyone advise how to go to Cotonou by boat from mile 2. The time they move and the cost. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by easy94: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
i am planning to move next year January, i need someone to guide me
planning to relocate fully.
08120408082 just call me
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by iykehill: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
Temitopex:

Sorry for the late response please. You would need to get to Oju-Ore from Jibowu. To make life easier, use Bolt ride from Jibowu to this place because boarding buses with an infant won't be a nice experience. At Oju-Ore, you'd see taxis heading to Owode for about #500 per head. When at Owode, Idiroko is about #200 per head. You'd tell the cab man you want to alight at the border since you need your passports stamped. There is no straight bus from Oju-Ore to Idiroko when I last went there except maybe there is now. You can only get a straight bus back to Sango/Oju-Ore from idiroko, not while going.
Thank you so much for your response. It is very clear, but please when I alight at the idiroko border, after stamping, are there cars heading to Porto Novo from the border?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
iykehill:

Thank you so much for your response. It is very clear, but please when I alight at the idiroko border, after stamping, are there cars heading to Porto Novo from the border?

Yes there are, in fact, you'd get taxis heading to different West African countries as well, so you're sure to get a taxi to wherever you're headed within the country there.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by iykehill: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
Temitopex:

Yes there are, in fact, you'd get taxis heading to different West African countries as well, so you're sure to get a taxi to wherever you're headed within the country there.
Much gratitude
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2022
iykehill:

Much gratitude

You're most welcome.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by iykehill: 1:20am On Dec 01, 2022
Temitopex:

You're most welcome.

Please I have approached my week of moving to Porto novo, but I have decided to reach Lagos by air and then use cheap means of transport to move to idiroko before heading to Porto novo. Please how can I navigate my way using public transport which are cheaper until I reach idiroko? please treat as urgent
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by CloudMike(m): 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
Hello Temitopex,

You've got mail.

Temitopex:

You're most welcome.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Temitopex(m): 1:45am On Dec 02, 2022
iykehill:

Please I have approached my week of moving to Porto novo, but I have decided to reach Lagos by air and then use cheap means of transport to move to idiroko before heading to Porto novo. Please how can I navigate my way using public transport which are cheaper until I reach idiroko? please treat as urgent

I'm sorry for treating this late. From the Lagos Airport, you'd board a public bus to Sango/Toll Gate. From there, you can either take a commercial cab or bike to Oju-Ore. It is at this Oju-Ore you'd get taxis headed for Owode or Idiroko route directly.

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by sirrotex: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2022
My dear yampotatocarrot, can you kindly give an update of the current exchange rates and the current cost of transportation. I intend to move by next weekend God willing.
Yampotatocarrot:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video) / How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / ''Don't Browse Here' Written In A Taxi In Ogun State (PICS )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.