Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest (41440 Views)

Afghan President Ghani Arrives UAE With Family Members, Multimillion-dollar Loot / President Ghani Fled Afghanistan With 4 Vehicles, Helicopter Full Of U.S. Dollar / Afghan President Ghani Flees The Country Following Taliban Take-Over (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
Afghan officials are calling on the International Police (INTERPOL) to arrest former President Ashraf Ghani, accusing him of fleeing the war-torn country with $169 million in U.S. cash.

Mohammad Zahir Aghbar, Afghanistan's ambassador to Tajikistan, told a news conference that Ghani had taken the money before fleeing Kabul as the Taliban took over the city over the weekend.

The Afghan Ambassador [url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribune.com.pk/story/2316207/afghan-embassy-urges-interpol-to-arrest-ghani-for-stealing-public-wealth%3famp=1]also [/url] urged the INTERPOL to arrest Ghani's associates, Hamdallah Moheb (National Security Advisor) and Fazl Mahmoud Fazli (DG, Administrative Head to The Presidency), for stealing public funds.

It was earlier reported that the former Afghan President fled with “Four cars full of money, that they tried to stuff another part of the money into a helicopter, but not all of it fit with some of the money was left lying on the tarmac."

SOURCE

Ghani who was rumoured to have fled to Duschambe, The Tajikistani Capital was welcomed at the United Arab Emirates today

STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT ASHRAF GHANI

The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation can confirm that the UAE has welcomed President Ashraf Ghani and his family into the country on humanitarian grounds.

UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by yanabasee2: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
He wasn't supposed to leave Kabul empty-handed..... You wan make hungry kill am?

He failed his people and the entire Afghanistan.....

203 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
Mohammad Zahir Aghbar, a Lieutenant-General also insisted that Amrullah Saleh was Caretaker President........replacing Ghani's Portraits with Saleh's.

Saleh's whereabouts is however unknown.
Clarity: As per d constitution of Afg, in absence, escape, resignation or death of the President, the FVP (First Vice President) becomes the caretaker President. I am currently inside my country & I am the legitimate care taker President. Am reaching out to all leaders to secure their support & consensus.

Amrullah Saleh

1 Like

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Ever8090: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2021
E no even reach money wey local government chairman dey thief for Nigeria....I bet you, no country can survive half of the level of looting Nigeria is experiencing as a country.
USA, Britain, Canada, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Japan, China etc...will cease to exist if their leaders should thief from their country half the extent Nigeria leaders steal from Nigeria

237 Likes 18 Shares

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Jerryherd: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
His son enjoys a celebrity lifestyle in Dubai

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Machinegun91(m): 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
Chicken change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by GeneralPula: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
They’ve started using media propaganda..

I go dey here observe..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by wunmi590(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2021

He should just give half of the money to all these our hungry politicians and see how he would be forever protected and would even be given political appointment here in Nigeria...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by EXLOVER(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
It's a big win for the UAE, this money will be spent on the UAE soil.

God will punish all useless leaders, that are living in paradise, yet their citizens are living in hell, poverty and starvation...

hedonido:
Nonsense. Even ordinary Obi Cubana get pass that one. That means Tinubu can employ the Afghan president.
Hope you know that pocket money is different from account money?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by abobote: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
He should have left the money for the Taliban or what?

7 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Hssss: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
Introducing pi network...In 2009, when Bitcoin was first released, 50 coins could be mined for free every 10 minutes. Most people find it worthless. Now one Bitcoin is $ 43,000. When Litecoin was released in 2011, 100 LTC could be mined for free every day. Most people think it's still worthless. As a result, one Litecoin is above $160. When Ethereum was first released in 2014, 30 ETH could be mined for free every day. Most people still believe that it is worthless, now one Ethereum is worth $ 3000. Why not sign up for pi and mine for free by clicking the mine button once every 24hrs till Dec when it will be launch,pls sign up with the link in my signature

6 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Iliveforever(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Lol
For their information, one of the quickest ways of getting wealthy is gaining from the spoils and damages of war. You can never arrest or hold him for anything.
Besides, America spent 20billion dollars in the war, do you know that the resources America took from the war is far beyond 20 billion??

13 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by mbak(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
meaning he should have left the money for the talibans

17 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by iamyemiakins(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Any country/nation with stan will always remain a useless and disastrous country/nation

This I have seen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by ainas247: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
embarassed
Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by kerry57: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
All politician are thieves as always. Countries with high level of masses will always have very wicked criminals at the helms of affairs. So pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by hedonido: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nonsense. Even ordinary Obi Cubana get pass that one. That means Tinubu can employ the Afghan president.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Same thing Abdulsalam Abubakar did in Naija when he willingly handover power to Baba Iyabo

6 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Uyi168: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Yet the average afghan soldier was paid little as $2per day.

Tell why they wouldn't feel demoralized and let the taliban have a free pass?

6 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by mrvitalis(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ever8090:
E no even reach money wey local government chairman dey thief for Nigeria....I bet you, no country can survive half of the level of looting Nigeria is experiencing as a country.
USA, Britain, Canada, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Japan, China etc...will cease to exist if their leaders should thief from their country half the extent Nigeria leaders steal from Nigeria
Say what I know most state don't receive that in a year

80 billion ? How many states get that in a year they are not upto 15

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Olarewaju89: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
grin

All politicians have something in common... Criminals mindset.

Politicians and stealing are like 5&6.

11 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by thatsleepboy1: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by omoadeleye(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
When Bidden has freeze the country reserve, so he needs cash to spend in his host country.

2 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Iliveforever(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
hedonido:

No Dey talk anyhow my brother, convert that money to naira and let me know and besides, that’s just the amount they told you..

I just wish they i was the Central bank governor of Afghanistan, I go just sweep my own join body

13 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by sonofElElyon: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ole.. giving Taliban an opportunity to speak like saints
Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Elzazzi: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
shocked
Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by tillaman(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
That will last him for 10 lifetimes.
Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by Galloman(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
That's a huge amount of the allegations were true.
To the nitwits beating the drum of war in Nigeria,this should serve as pointer of what to expect if it finally happened.
The ruling class will never lost out but ordinary masses will bear the brunt

3 Likes

Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by dboo442: 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
Very soon the loot shall be called Ashraf Ghani loot like our late brother in Nigeria,I didn't mention any name
Re: President Ghani Fled Kabul With $169million In Cash: Ambassador Demands Arrest by IvarDboneless: 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ever8090:
I dey tell you bros

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth's Strangest Powers And Privileges / President Museveni Fetches Water On A Bicycle. Photos / Youths In Ghana Reject Salah Rice Donated By A Member Of Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.