Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead (1282 Views)

Pandemonium As Fight Breaks Out After Woman Slapped Her Colleague. Photos / Pandemonium As Two Ladies Fight In Public After Heated Quarrel. Photos / Friends Lament As Man Is Shot Dead By Gunmen In Idumota Area Of Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Akporo1234: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2021
A former student of the Lagos State University, LASU, Yusuf Nurudeen Alowonle, alias Omomeewa, has been shot dead by some gunmen not too far from the school main gate in Ojo, Lagos.

Alowonle, who two years ago contested the position of the president of the Students Union Government of the university but lost, was shot at about 10 pm on Wednesday night while in company with a staff of the university simply identified as Majek.

Alowonle, who was fatally shot, later died of his injuries, while Majek sustained some injuries.

Eyewitnesses said the gunmen went away with his bag containing his phone and other valuables.

Commenting on the development, President of the SUG, Badmus Oladipupo Uthman, told [url][/url] that the unknown gunmen were probably armed robbers.

“The Lagos State University Students’ Union is so sad to announce the demise of our dear Unionist and Activist, the Founder of Educational Rights Campaign, Comr. Yusuf Nurudeen Alowonle(Omomeewa).

“Omomeewa was an activist of Human and Student Rights and also a graduate of Lagos State University (Set of 2019). He graduated from the Department Educational Management, Faculty of Education. Comr Nurudeen contested for the post of Lagos State University Students’ Union President in the 29th LASUSU Election but did not emerge winner. He was a strong activist who was never found wanting,” the union said.

The university is yet to officially comment on the issue as at press time.

https:///pandemonium-in-lagos-state-university-as-comrade-is-shot-dead/

Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Siggynigeria: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2021
Fear grips me everyday the more I stay in this country. One bad news or the other
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by valiju: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2021
What is a 2019 graduate still doing in the school knowing fully well the situation of the country in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Sonnobax15(m): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
undecided
Na wa oh
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Siggynigeria: 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
The wicked they say shall not go unpunished

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Sixsigmahub: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
LASU this LASU that...
I hail una ooo
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by MrCover: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
One Bad News And The Other
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Caramia2020(m): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
We all need God guidance everyday, bcoz things are happening.
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Sixsigmahub: 6:49am On Aug 21, 2021
God keep us safe.
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by joyairemiya: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2021
I'm inside LASU and everywhere is calm. Anybody who tries any rubbish will be dealt with
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by yusfatedeeprof(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
valiju:
What is a 2019 graduate still doing in the school knowing fully well the situation of the country in nigeria
Exactly what I'm asking o, because he was literally shot in front of Lasu gate.

But judging from the stories I've heard, I think his activism got him in trouble with the school management and he had to face disciplinary committee. His certificate was also withheld by the school. So he was probably trying to get his certificate from the school.

Who killed him or why he was killed is still a mystery though, but many believe it's very much connected to his activism in Lasu.

cc; Lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Seeksnigeria: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
How come this post wasn't published?
No respect for our Comrade huh??
Mynd44 OAM4J Lalasticlala
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by Siggynigeria: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by BornorBang: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
R.I.P Boss.
Re: Pandemonium In Lagos State University As Comrade Is Shot Dead by BornorBang: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2021

(1) (Reply)

This Menace Called Prank Is Getting Out Of Hand / Cultists Storm Anambra Community, Visit Igwe's Palace With Ogene, Hunt Youth / Centipede Spotted Inside Pot Of Isi-Ewu At Lagos Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.