Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality (2960 Views)

Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why / Flights To Barbados / Jamaica From West Africa / What's The Difference Between Nigeria And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality by snowdrops(m): 4:26pm On May 19, 2011
came across this article and some interesting comments that followed. guess stereotypes and xenophobia is truely a global phenomenon. Mind you i am not okon johnson. cheesy

THE long-awaited air travel between Jamaica and Africa is now a reality. According to a press release from the Nigerian High Commission, the governments of both countries have recently signed a bilateral agreement to facilitate direct air service from Jamaica to Nigeria at a cheaper cost and at a shorter time, as well as to eliminate visa requirements.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business/Air-service-between-Nigeria-and-Jamaica-now-a-reality_8793232#ixzz1MoQHvDAM

Comments

sharp sharpiro
5/18/2011
u guys,the article never suggested visa restrictions would be removed,it just said travel between the two countries would no longer require a third country visa,as it presently obtains where u need an european visa to travel between the two countries,

5/17/2011
Today, i say, Jamaica gone to hell ina handbasket, KEEP VISA RESTRICTIONS. WE DONT NEED MORE CRIMES AND SCAMS (419) than we already have, BIG MISTAKE!

sharp sharpiro
5/17/2011
jamiacans must learn to remove the logs in their own eyes first,a country known for a spine chilling crime rate,sexual promiscuity and substance abuse is not in a position to be "labelling" another country.nigeria and jamaica are 2 countries with a lot of image laundering to do,we had better get to work and stop this madness.will the blackman ever learn?

sharp sharpiro
5/17/2011
i think jamaica has more to benefit from this agreement than nigeria.jamaica has nothing,i mean absolutely NOTHING to offer nigeria,and a lot to benefit from Nigeria,africas most populous nation,second largest african economy,sixth largest producer of crude oil and 8th largest in natural gas,largest producer of yam and cassava,4th largest producer of groundnut and cocoa,and presently the second fastest growing economy in the world at 6-7% even during the recession.

jenn longmore
5/17/2011
@CM, what manner of vileness is that you speak ?
"I will say those people have not lived or worked with people of the motherland to have a good idea what Ja is getting into"
For your information, Jamaicans bad manners, disgusting habits and crassness have negatively compromised a lot of other coutries populations for worse. So mind your manners and look in the mirror before you go pointing your obeah-like fingers at others !

Okon Johnson
5/17/2011
@ Ghetto yute … if you think Nigeria is not a country for you to visit , pls, back off!!! You can’t bring us wealth and we don’t need it. We are the most populous country in Africa, the seventh most populous country in the world, rich in oil (and might as well do business with other rich nations) compared to Jamaica (an Island)… (***smiles***)

Okon Johnson
5/17/2011
@ Ghetto Yute , I beg your pardon, don’t sound like an illiterate wimp eaten dog poo. I am a Nigerian and you cannot say you know Nigeria more than I do. Air disasters happen everywhere in the world including US-Air flight to JA – 23/12/09, French, Turkish, Brazilian Airplane and that doesn’t means we should labeled their airplanes as deathtraps. Besides, the last air disaster recorded in Nigeria was in 23/10/2005 involving a domestic airline known as “Sosoliso Airline” from Lagos to PHC.

C M
5/17/2011
As per the article, many in Ja consider Africa the "motherland" I will say those people have not lived or worked with people of the motherland to have a good idea what Ja is getting into, their should be visa restrictions, or we will soon find ourselves living amongst people with complete different cultures, languages & religions than ourselves, I don't think we want to lose our current tourist population for the unknown, have u heard of a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bushes, watch unu self.

Ghetto yute
5/16/2011
Do they know that Nigerian Airlines are nothing but deathtraps? Go investigate. Nigeria has a multiplicity of air disaster that even the citizens of their country are afraid to use their airplanes. Do we really want to make Jamaica the gateway for human trafficking between Africa and the US? We are not as technologically developed as Europe and Europe is having immense problems with Illegal immigration from west Africa including Nigeria. Do we really want to go this road? A Calamity awaits us.

C M
5/16/2011
[b]Oh Boy!! It is over for Jamaica when "the Africans" start coming to take over, has they have done in NY, [/b]I guess I will visit less.

Brad Kerr
5/16/2011
Ok, First Nigeria is in Africa, not the Middle east, second also beleive the Visa requiements should stay in place. What i really want to say I dont think the Obsever would publish but I would just say to the people and govt of Jamaica tread lightly,

John Public
5/15/2011
@Andrew Green, I agree, KEEP VISA REQUIREMENTS!

andrew green
5/15/2011
Opening up direct trafic to afirca and middle east is a great idea,but eliminating visa requirements is a really bad idea.u need accountability when you open up for certain countries to visit your land remember africa and mid east is not just nigeria
Re: Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality by dustydee: 8:58pm On May 19, 2011
those comments coming from jamaicans is sad.thats a form of racism.I bet I'll be freer in white dominated europe than in a black Jamaica.
Re: Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality by snowdrops(m): 9:29pm On May 19, 2011
I agree. Sad to see fellow "black brothers" with a common ancestry having a go. If it were white people with these comments, they would be considered by the majority as definitely racist.
BTW the article itself is what attracted me to the story to start with. Direct flight from Jamaica to Nigeria would be a breath of fresh air to trans Atlantic travel ie afro-Caribbean, and a transit to neighbouring countries ie usa, Mexico, Canada, t&t, etc.
Re: Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality by oge4real(f): 12:33pm On May 21, 2011
Na wa o! Imagine Jamaicans making noise against Nigerians. I cant fit laff!
Re: Air Service Between Nigeria And Jamaica Now A Reality by snowdrops(m): 7:55pm On May 21, 2011
no be their fault, if not for our useless and clueless leaders wetin concern monkey with banana. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Am Having Issues With Uni-assist / The World's Most Expensive Island Goes Up For Sale At £360m. (photos) / Ten Set Of People You Must Meet While Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.