Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3559895 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (2829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darksider131: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

Dark is 9/10

Watchmen is 8/10

The Outsider is 8/10

The Boys is 7/10

The Witcher is 6/10
so OUTSIDER is now more dope than THE BOYS and THE WITCHER

mehn you are a joker

If The witcher is 6/10 then THE OUTSIDER should be 2/10

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:54pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick93:
On Reddit, The Americans is rated a bit higher than Breaking Bad...
Again it's all opinions but to say it can't be compared is dumb...
The Americans is critically acclaimed as one of the greatest shows of all time...
Ny times, Indiewire, guardian, CNN etc can attest to this....
Again the words 'can't compare' in this scenario is uncalled for and depicts fanboyism

Like I keep stressing, The Americans is a top spy show. I rate it over Homeland, and I love Homeland dearly. But saying that it's better than Breaking Bad is laughable and reeks of fanboyism. It didn't achieve half of the things Breaking Bad achieved, nor 1/4 of pop cultural impact Breaking Bad had and is still having.

As for The Americans being one of greatest show of all time, it's probably true. It's probably between top 50-70 in them lists, but you best believe Breaking Bad is in the top 5 in the same lists.

Lastly, Reddit has multiple subreddits (too many to count), and no official aggregate system, so your claim that The Americans is rated higher on Reddit is nothing but bare face lie. It's tantamount to saying everyone in Nigeria speaks Hausa.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

Like I keep stressing, The Americans is a top spy show. I rate it over Homeland, and I love Homeland dearly. But saying that it's better than Breaking Bad is laughable and reeks of fanboyism. It didn't achieve half of the things Breaking Bad achieved, nor 1/4 of pop cultural impact Breaking Bad had and is still having.

As for The Americans being one of greatest show of all time, it's probably true. It's probably between top 50-70 in them lists, but you best believe Breaking Bad is in the top 5 in the same lists.

Lastly, Reddit has multiple subreddits (too many to count), and no official aggregate system, so your claim that The Americans is rated higher on Reddit is nothing but bare face lie. It's tantamount to saying everyone in Nigeria speaks Hausa.

I'm just checking ratings from top sites and they all have The Americans in their Top 10s of the 2000s...
Rolling stones, guardian, Indiewire to name a few.
The Americans was called the greatest thing since the soprano's...
So it's definitely in that Elite category of Tv shows.
Also it's well acknowledged that The Americans was snubbed in the award's throughout it's run...
Mathew Rhys and Keri Russell were incredible....

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by michlins(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Darksider131:

mehn you are a joker

you rated watchmen above Witcher.

You never to reevaluate your rating system. Couldn't finish two episodes of the watchmen. All these CW fans eh
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Darksider131: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
michlins:
you rated watchmen above Witcher.

You never to reevaluate your rating system. Couldn't finish two episodes of the watchmen. All these CW fans eh
i didn't say anything about WATCHMEN but watchmen is 8/10 in rating

For you to understand the series, you need to watch the movie first
The series is the continuation of the movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

It was composed by the guy that composed the popular GoT opening theme song.
I could swear it both sounded alike. Wow! That's cool though.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jiggaz(m): 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
A Very English Scandal

1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Darksider131:

mehn you are a joker

He is not wrong tho, Witcher is shite compared to Outsider �

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibkayee(f): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
Tiger King

Hilarious

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CaptainMitch: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
Have you seen murder in cell 7? Did you cry?
ibkayee:
Tiger King

Hilarious
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ibkayee(f): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
CaptainMitch:
Have you seen murder in cell 7? Did you cry?
Nah I haven't

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ozark Season 3 - 10/10 .. no argument there

Elite Season 3 - a solid 8/10

Narcos: Mexico Season 2 - 8/10

Better Call Saul Season 5 - 11/10 wink

now let's go take a look at The Americans someone here is comparing to Breaking Bad ... i wish it'll be worth the time for my sake

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CaptainMitch: 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
Please do
ibkayee:

Nah I haven't

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick93:
I'm just checking ratings from top sites and they all have The Americans in their Top 10s of the 2000s...
Rolling stones, guardian, Indiewire to name a few.
The Americans was called the greatest thing since the soprano's...
So it's definitely in that Elite category of Tv shows.
Also it's well acknowledged that The Americans was snubbed in the award's throughout it's run...
Mathew Rhys and Keri Russell were incredible....

The Americans 0, Breaking bad 6. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
FergieRaww:

now let's go take a look at The Americans someone here is comparing to Breaking Bad ... i wish it'll be worth the time for my sake

Ma nigga! grin

Better Call Saul is making so much sense this season, and the season is not even over yet.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

Ma nigga! grin

Better Call Saul is making so much sense this season, and it's not even over yet.

Ahswear smiley the way i cool down and take each episode like something i can't live without is surprising cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
ibkayee:
Tiger King

Hilarious

The craziest thing about Tiger King is learning that a Tiger is very cheap in the black market.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2020
FergieRaww:

Ahswear smiley the way i cool down and take each episode like something i can't live without is surprising cheesy

As in.

I dread the day it will end.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Stegomiah: 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
FergieRaww:

I agree.... Narcos 2 sha.... 9/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

So you were wrong about it not being amongst the best then?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
FergieRaww:

Your opinion doesn't matter....
Notable critics, and top sites disagrees.....
I will take them over some fanboy...
Apart from Ozark, the Americans is rated far higher than any of those shows you listed...
Narcos? smh

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick93:
So you were wrong about it not being amongst the best then?

I never said it's not among the top shows, I said it's not comparable to Breaking Bad, and I've been quite right so far.

Breaking Bad beats it in every head to head statistics out there.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick93:
Your opinion doesn't matter....
Notable critics, and top sites disagrees.....
I will take them over some fanboy...
Apart from Ozark, the Americans is rated far higher than any of those shows you listed...
Narcos? smh

Better Call Saul is currently rated higher than The Americans in RT, Metacritic and IMDb.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

This List you quoted even vindicated what I've been saying...
The Americans is just below Breaking bad...
Saying they can't be compared is foolish.
START the finale is regarded as the best Tv show finale ever....
Thats quite an achievement

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

Better Call Saul is currently rated higher than The Americans in RT, Metacritic and IMDb.

Show me decade lists, greatest Tv lists....
Let's judge
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

Let's judge
The Americans was robbed for awards during its run....
A simple Google search should tell you that

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick9:
This List you quoted even vindicated what I've been saying...
The Americans is just below Breaking bad...
Saying they can't be compared is foolish.
START the finale is regarded as the best Tv show finale ever....
Thats quite an achievement

You said it yourself, The Americans is below Breaking Bad haha.

Doesn't matter where it ended up in the list, what matters is the fact that it's looking up at Breaking Bad, and Breaking Bad is looking down at it. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick9(m): 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bratking:

You said it yourself, The Americans is below Breaking Bad haha.

Doesn't matter where it ended up in the list, what matters is the fact that it's looking up at Breaking Bad, and Breaking Bad is looking down at it. grin
Guy go to Reddit, broaden your horizon

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick9:
Guy go to Reddit, broaden your horizon

Whats the plot about?

I am hearing about it for the first time and I keep seeing different ratings.

Rolling dollar or whatever it is rated Breaking Bad no 1 and one comedy show no 2 and The Wire no 3, never saw any Americans.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2020
kendrick9:
Let's judge
The Americans was robbed for awards during its run....
A simple Google search should tell you that

It wasn't robbed of any awards.

All the time it lost out, a more deserving winner emerged.

Come to think of it, it got only like 18 Emmy nominations in all it's 6 years of airing.

To compare, Breaking Bad got like 12 nomination on average per season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) ... (2829) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.