Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520998 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2020
laydoh:
Another mediocre script coming from CW again? ��
These people don't know when to stop their nonsense series from arrow, flash and the rest.
I guess they are targeting kids grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 15, 2020
oyaskii:
You ain't watching anything from any angle..so i should have written all this epistle to prove to you i understand the show abi, i basically gave the premise of the show about the love/hate relationship between Eve and Vanielle which your long epistle has further help me to prove..if the "The Killing Eve" is giving you this much psychological spin then i wonder what will happen when you see more complex shows with enough Easter eggs to do your head in for about a year.
You still do not understand me at all.

Nobody is comparing killing eve to Westworld or dark.
They are different series.

Westworld talks about a story, an agenda.

Killing eve talks about individualism.

I don't what other ways to put it to you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 15, 2020
whitelotus:

Guy, thank you for this post.

In my earlier post, I mentioned that Killing Eve is a deep dive into psychopathy and narcissism.
Exactly bro.
They will never understand the way we do.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philbubs(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2020
Achilles200:
Those of you that use glo for browsing, the N100 night plan, how many times can I do it in a single night?
Till you out of money I guess, have done it three times in one night
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2020
SperoQuest:
You still do not understand me at all.

Nobody is comparing killing eve to Westworld or dark.
They are different series.

Westworld talks about a story, an agenda.

Killing eve talks about individualism.

I don't what other ways to put it to you.
I understand you perfectly and the point is and which i stand on is that you don't need to be Albert Einstein to figure out "The Killing Eve" and any simpleton will get it within minutes of seeing it so you calling people who don't watch it "simple minds" and you referring to yourself as intelligent for grasping a show as basic and straightforward as Killing Eve was completely out of order.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by whitelotus: 3:07pm On May 15, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

Don't mind the poser. The Gangs of London he's trashing is considerably more mentally-stimulating than Killing Eve. That's the irony in his epistle.

If linear shows like Money Heist and Killing Eve are mentally-stimulating for him, non-linear shows like Dark, Legion, The OA and Westworld will probably be too much for his cerebrum to grasp.

So because something is linear, it is less intelligent?

Westworld actually became too smart for itself and ended up being pretentious in season 2. If you notice season 3 took a different direction. The convoluted timeline ended up backfiring.

How can you compare killing eve to money heist?

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 3:57pm On May 15, 2020
whitelotus:

So because something is linear, it is less intelligent?

Westworld actually became too smart for itself and ended up being pretentious in season 2. If you notice season 3 took a different direction. The convoluted timeline ended up backfiring.

How can you compare killing eve to money heist?

A resounding and unequivocal yes!

A linear show has a straightforward primary plot line, and even when it's intelligently written, it doesn't take a lot of brainstorming to figure out what is going on.

A non linear show on the other hand has a primary plotline that's purposefully incoherent, and would require an extreme level of concentration to assemble all the pieces.

Every non linear slow is complicated, some more than others. Indeed, even the less complex ones like "The Witcher" has had viewers scratching their heads.

Give me an instance of a complex linear show, and i'll raise you 5 instances of more complex non linear counterparts.

As regards Money Heist, I brought it up in light of the fact that the nigga has made a comparative epistle in the past, with Money Heist being his magnum opus. It's the kind of shows he enjoys, and in his mind, he's watching mentally-stimulating shows, not realizing that he's making a mockery of his intellect.

PS; Westworld deterioration stems from the fact that the original writers left the show after the conclusion of season one. As you can attest, season one was a masterpiece.

9 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2020
The Villain In killing Eve is great.
She's basically carrying the show on it's back...
If not for her, show wouldn't have been worth watching...
I'm very sure that's why the Studio are reluctant to kill or Arrest her...
Season 3 should be the final season,
they've run out ideas
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 15, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

A linear show has a straightforward primary plot line, and even when it's intelligently written, it doesn't take a lot of brainstorming to figure out what is going on.

A non linear show on the other hand has a primary plotline that's purposefully incoherent, and would require an extreme level of concentration to assemble all the pieces.

Every non linear slow is complicated, some more than others. Indeed, even the less complex ones like "The Witcher" has had viewers scratching their heads.

Give me an instance of a complex linear show, and i'll raise you 5 instances of more complex non linear counterparts.

As regards Money Heist, I brought it up in light of the fact that the nigga has made a comparative epistle in the past, with Money Heist being his magnum opus. It's the kind of shows he enjoys, and in his mind, he's watching mentally-stimulating shows, not realizing that he's making a mockery of his intellect.

PS; Westworld deterioration stems from the fact that the original writers left the show after the conclusion of season one. As you can attest, season one was a masterpiece.
Saying money heist is my magnum opus because i am an addictive fan of the series makes me want to question your intelligence.

Because you now think you know me but actually you don't.

I have seen every complex series or movies out there and i followed all to the latter including Westworld.

We did what we did with money heist because it was a trend worldwide and the series itself is generally acceptable when it comes to entertainment.
Money hiest is like football and why not Many people loves football, it is still a darling to many people all over the world and your little criticism on the streets of nairaland, ends in nairaland.

However nobody is saying you need to crack your mental cerebral just to understand killing Eve.

While the show is straight forward to lots of fans, it is like a book to the others like me.

While you take interest in the action and dialogue, i take interest in the characters.

How many viewers can tell why Vanielle behaves the way she does.

How many viewers can tell why Eve fell in love with vanielle.

How many viewers can tell why Vanielle had to look for her family.

Why most viewers are interested in what they see, i am interested in why they do the way they do.

For example in the series called the originals.
How Many viewers can tell you why klause Michealson behaves the way he does.

Being brutal, fearful, vengeful and extremely dangerous and yet his elder brother had to die besides this dangerous man.

Because unlike viewers, he sees what many people don't see.

And yet we don't need to be highly intelligent to understand the originals and yet 80% of viewers do not really know the man behind klause Michealson.

Now take a look at the game of thrones.
You can say the game of thrones is Almost straight forward but how many people can tell why Cercie acted the way she did?

Being brutal and power drunk.

There are fans of the game of thrones that can't tell why most characters did what they did.

What if i tell you that cercie did all she did for love.
Strange right?

This also applies to killing eve, while you see just a show.
I see more than just a show.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:04pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
they've run out ideas
You know Villanelle is actually the protagonist, right?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2020
whitelotus:

Lol.....people with no patience for dialogue

The thing just weak me as I see am.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
they've run out ideas
She is the face of the show.

I don't think they have run out of ideas, you just have to wait and see the shocker they have for you.

I think there is more to villaniels dad that we think or know.

I actually have an idea who her dad is but i will keep it to my self.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 5:15pm On May 15, 2020
Kaycee7:
You know Villanelle is actually the protagonist, right?
Due to her performance...
Sandra Oh was signed on to be the Lead character but she's been overshadowed by Jodie comer's performance...
She's still the Villain
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by whitelotus: 5:19pm On May 15, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

Do you remember Fringe tv series? Very linear and very complex. One of the most complex science fiction series.

Having a non linear timeline in a tv show is always confusing but it is not always intelligent. Westworld proves that.

What about the movie Interstellar? Hmm?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by eldred15: 5:25pm On May 15, 2020
My question is why does Villanelle get to kill people and get away with it while others don't?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 5:28pm On May 15, 2020
eldred15:
My question is why does Villanelle get to kill people and get away with it while others don't?
The show basically ends if she gets caught. she's the anchor at this point.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 5:31pm On May 15, 2020
Achilles200:

So it worked for you using UC Browser. Congrats.

As to why it doesn't work on Opera, I don't know, don't have it on my phone, not a fan.

Ok thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 5:37pm On May 15, 2020
whitelotus:

Do you remember Fringe tv series? Very linear and very complex. One of the most complex science fiction series.

Having a non linear timeline in a tv show is always confusing but it is not always intelligent. Westworld proves that.

What about the movie Interstellar? Hmm?

Fringe started linearly, then transitioned into a non linear programme. Heck, in later seasons, two parallel universe and timeline were overlapping consistently.

I disagree. Westworld even in it's less intelligently penned season 2 retained its intellectual properties.

Interstellar doesn't have a linear plot line. It's the reason it's seen in many circles as a mindfuck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 5:48pm On May 15, 2020
SperoQuest:

This also applies to killing eve, while you see just a show.
I see more than just a show.
Killing Eve is a good show, but it's nothing special. I can watch it absent-mindedly, and still comprehend it. The premise of the show is basically about two women that are obsessed with each other, and the ensuing game of cat and mouse.

7 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 5:55pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Sandra Oh was signed on to be the Lead character but she's been overshadowed by Jodie fomer's performance...
She's still the Villain

They share the protagonist and villainy roles. We have a similar circumstance in "Billions".

Both Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh were nominated in "lead actress in a drama series" category in 2019 Emmys. Jodie Comer won the category.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by eldred15: 6:04pm On May 15, 2020
oyaskii:
The show basically ends if she gets caught. she's the anchor at this point.
OK thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 6:55pm On May 15, 2020
No better season finale than that of HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. The finale was just too epic

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by whitelotus: 7:32pm On May 15, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

Fringe started linearly, then transitioned into a non linear programme. Heck, in later seasons, two parallel universe and timeline were overlapping consistently.

I disagree. Westworld even in it's less intelligently penned season 2 retained its intellectual properties.

Interstellar doesn't have a linear plot line. It's the reason it's seen in many circles as a mindfuck.

Fringe was linear throughout. Having a parallel dimension did not mean it stopped being linear.

Westworld did not make any sense in season 2. The constant jumping from past to future to present not only confused people, it ended up leaving the viewers having three different plausible explanations of the plot. A clusterfuck.

Interstellar is not a mindfuck. It is a simple movie. What makes interstellar intelligent is the amount of detail placed on space travel. It was as linear as Bleep. Even its time travel was as straighforward as fvck

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by whitelotus: 7:34pm On May 15, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:
No better season finale than that of HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. The finale was just too epic

I got bored halfway through this last season. all the episodes that came out this year, I havent seen them.

FBI should have arrested all of them by now. The show has followed the downward spiral of scandal

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DandeNummeruno: 8:18pm On May 15, 2020
whitelotus:

Fringe was linear throughout. Having a parallel dimension did not mean it stopped being linear.

Westworld did not make any sense in season 2. The constant jumping from past to future to present not only confused people, it ended up leaving the viewers having three different plausible explanations of the plot. A clusterfuck.

Interstellar is not a mindfuck. It is a simple movie. What makes interstellar intelligent is the amount of detail placed on space travel. It was as linear as Bleep. Even its time travel was as straighforward as fvck

You argue for argument sake, SMH.

I'll just leave these here.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11540964_2020051520_12_07_jpega9edd2b73979445c073de10309ee1f9f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11540965_2020051520_13_14_jpege682f9fedaec39a152c51964b907f509
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dubylhover(m): 8:28pm On May 15, 2020
whitelotus:

Killing Eve has been rated highly by both critics and viewers alike.

It is a dark comedy thriller that delves into psychopathy and narcissism of its characters.

It relies on dialogue and subtle symbolism.

However, a lot of Nairalanders love only action. If they dont see gbas-gbos in the first 30 mins, they don't like the show.

Imagine someone watching game of thrones for 8 seasons and not knowing who Aerys Tygarean 2 is. The mad king. All they know is "dragon lady burn them" and "Jon snow egbon bad boss sword fighter". All they know is action

Lmao grin I've downloaded killing eve,I'm just waiting for it to finish before I binge watch it,like a poster said above,penny dreadful city of angels is really really good..a quality show..I still opine that more than 50% of people who like game of thrones don't even appreciate the series well,its just the action that sways their mind,GOT is all about th[b]e plotting and " boring conversations".[/b].that's where the real quality lies

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Shittaakeem(m): 8:39pm On May 15, 2020
Disney + announces Percy Jackson Tvseries
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2020
DandeNummeruno:

They share the protagonist and villainy roles. We have a similar circumstance in "Billions".

Both Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh were nominated in "lead actress in a drama series" category in 2019 Emmys. Jodie Comer won the category.
Oh, OK..
Jodie is amazing though...
She's the star of the show..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles200: 8:53pm On May 15, 2020
realestniggah:

Treadstone felt like every action, spy espionage movie. It just felt too cliche. I stopped watching after the second episode. The storyline just felt too familiar.

Exactly, that's why I stopped. I had this deja vu feeling.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles200: 8:58pm On May 15, 2020
kendrick93:
Sandra Oh was signed on to be the Lead character but she's been overshadowed by Jodie comer's performance...
She's still the Villain

Seriously? Sandra Oh's role is almost like a supporting actress.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by whitelotus: 8:58pm On May 15, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles200: 9:03pm On May 15, 2020
Just have a question for the TL:

Why aren't there shows or should I say popular shows about the British law system unlike their American counterparts?

Anyone knows any British law series?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1640) (1641) (1642) (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: HeatSeeker(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.