Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3549699 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) ... (2827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:
Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power Characters

1. Lady Galadriel. Commander Of The Northern Forces

2. A Black Elf. Legolas Replacement Apparently

3. Dwarven Princess Disa.

4. Lord Elrond

#LOTR

What A Shame! cry embarassed

Truly a shame.

A missed opportunity to accurately portray dwarven women.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Truly a shame.

A missed opportunity to accurately portray dwarven women.
I mean, it's not like we don't know what Dwarven women look like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AnfieldFan: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kaycee7:

Considering she's a Princess, maybe she's all prim and proper with exotic make-up... Just saying....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
Legolas replacement shocked
This shit is giving me woke vibes
Lord of The Wokes undecided

WriterNig:
Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power Characters

1. Lady Galadriel. Commander Of The Northern Forces sad angry

2. A Black Elf. Legolas Replacement Apparently

3. Dwarven Princess Disa.

4. Lord Elrond

#LOTR

What A Shame! cry embarassed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 7:52pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kaycee7:

Sure, but I'd love to see dwarven women, full beards and deep voices and all, in live action. It would be glorious. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2022
MJBOLT:

I don't really mind a black Legolas, tbh.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
MJBOLT:

Wokeism will destroy America.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Considering she's a Princess, maybe she's all prim and proper with exotic make-up... Just saying....
Also looked like she waxed her jaw
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Sure, but I'd love to see dwarven women, full beards and deep voices and all, in live action. It would be glorious. grin grin
Exactly. We've already got the elves for conventional eye candy. Give us dwarven women as Tolkien intended.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
nobody needs a black Legolas,they should stick to the script and stop pandering to black people.

No be say them even like the blacks in the first place

VerifiedStalin:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kaycee7:
Exactly. We've already got the elves for conventional eye candy. Give us dwarven women as Tolkien intended.

This is the way.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2022
there are rumors of homosexual characters in the series cry
Make e be rumors abeg

WriterNig:

Wokeism will destroy America.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

I do mind... Elves are traditionally white (Germanic) people with blonde hair and pointy ears.

Go to Twitter and see all the negative reactions flying around there. Both black and white people are disappointed with the characters.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
MJBOLT:
nobody needs a black Legolas,they should stick to the script and stop pandering to black people.

No be say them even like the blacks in the first place

Elves, like humans, have dark and light skin tones, thus Legolas being dark skinned isn't farfetched.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:

I do mind... Elves are traditionally white people with blonde hair.

Nah, there are dark elves.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Nah, there are dark elves.

No black Elf ever existed. Google is your friend.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:

You sure about that?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
was he black in the books?? undecided

VerifiedStalin:

Elves, like humans, have dark and light skin tones, thus Legolas being dark skinned isn't farfetched.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

You sure about that?

Yes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:

You need Google's friendship more, actually.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kaycee7:
You need Google's friendship more, actually.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
MJBOLT:
was he black in the books?? undecided

That's the beauty of adaptations: they don't have to be exact replicas of the source material. The characters of Lord of the Rings books mirrored the sociopolitical climate of the time. Likewise, the TV series should mirror the current state of affairs.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

That's the beauty of adaptations: they don't have to be exact replicas of the source material. The characters of Lord of the Rings books mirrored the sociopolitical climate of the time. Likewise, the TV series should mirror the present climate.

Would you say the same if a white man acts the role of a king or elder in a Nollywood movie?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:

Would you say the same if a white man acts the role of a king or elder in a Nollywood movie?

Jeez undecided
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 8:34pm On Feb 10, 2022
that was a yes or no question undecided

VerifiedStalin:

That's the beauty of adaptations: they don't have to be exact replicas of the source material. The characters of Lord of the Rings books mirrored the sociopolitical climate of the time. Likewise, the TV series should mirror the current state of affairs.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by VerifiedStalin: 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
I detest arguing with self-hating, inferiority complexed black men who would rather have a white man play an iconic role, rightly given to a black man, in order to reflect equality of opportunity.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:54pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:

See, you learnt something today
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IbrahimMav: 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2022
WriterNig:

There are black elves in lotr lore bro
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IbrahimMav: 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
VerifiedStalin:
I detest arguing with self-hating, inferiority complexed black men who would rather have a white man play an iconic role, rightly given to a black man, in order to reflect equality of opportunity.

I feel your frustration bro. I don't know why black people value white people over their own.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IbrahimMav: 9:02pm On Feb 10, 2022
Alice in Borderlands
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
DaveDave001:
March 18!!!!
Sully grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2022
Born2winnx:
Bmf just one statement for me

THE ACTORS DON'T FIT THE CHARACTERS PORTRAIT.

it's a nice drug series.

but flops on the choice of actors they used.....they should have used more matured niggas .

All I see are kid's trying to fit into mature roles.

managed episode 1... episode 2 I can't go through.

the directors flopped.

the main act MEECH should have been played by a more hardcore looking nigha
It based on a true life story
Meech jnr who played meech snr is the biological son and he fit in according to people who witness the BMF rise to fame in the 1990s
I guess we exaggerate sometimes when being critical about some movies

(1) (2) (3) ... (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) ... (2827) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)