Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3538911 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LTRAVIS(m): 12:07am On Aug 09, 2022
johnyace:
she said that she isn't always there for everyone that dies.

I more bothered as to why the sandman refused to give the Baron immortality for his release when he gave it to the other man just for the fun of it.

I actually didn't notice any forced wokeness in the show.

I think it was death that gave him immortality,not the sandman
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 12:24am On Aug 09, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Another Wack series...

I watched the trailer last year and knew it would flop...
Q-Force meaning Queer Force

Another LGBTQ nonsense with no plot and lame characters just to promote LGBTQ and nothing else

Of course I didn't bother to watch the show after the trailer was so bad and bombarded with dislikes

Guy you are really obsessed with queer people! I am very sure other guys on this thread saw that news and scrolled past it but since you're still struggling with your sex.uality or seeking attention you had to post it here undecided

It is well with you.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 12:29am On Aug 09, 2022
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, netnaija is down, which site can I download with ease bayi? °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:30am On Aug 09, 2022
Treyknowles:

Guy you are really obsessed with queer people! I am very sure other guys on this thread saw that news and scrolled past it but since you're still struggling with your sex.uality or seeking attention you had to post it here undecided

It is well with you.
Irrelevant talk undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:49am On Aug 09, 2022
Ex0rrcist:

Thanks for recommending this, just binged it yesterday. Been a while I had a good laugh like that while watching movie or series. All this hardcore series don Taya me. I stopped Elite at season 4, it got kinda wide and I just couldn't fvck with that kind of story line anymore. Still waiting for Sex Ed 3. I'm starting euphoria now. Thanks once again.
You are welcome.
Sex life of college girls is one of the shows i really related with, it's like watching real life college drama, like it's so real.
Sex life of college girls is what a reality show should be all about without the scripts.

Season two will be out this year, i can't wait for it.
You will enjoy Euphoria too but not as much as sex life of college girls.
Euphoria won't make you laugh like sex life of college girls but it's a good show nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jupitre(m): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Iamyemmie:
I kinda feel bad for Karen sha at that scene that zac said it’s really over
Because it has always been a pattern ,she thought he was still coming back
She never experected it grin

But if Zac Na Nigerian dem go say na village people dey do am ,from one problem to the other

When is it returning...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2022
jupitre:

When is it returning...
I think last episode is this Wednesday
So it should be on different sites by Thursday or Friday
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2022
Ex0rrcist:

Thanks for recommending this, just binged it yesterday. Been a while I had a good laugh like that while watching movie or series. All this hardcore series don Taya me. I stopped Elite at season 4, it got kinda wide and I just couldn't fvck with that kind of story line anymore. Still waiting for Sex Ed 3. I'm starting euphoria now. Thanks once again.
You should see grown-ish
It’s high school stuff
The episodes no dey reach me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2022
zoroby:
The Sandman 6/10. It has good storyline, excellent language and nice plot.

However, there are some plot mistakes. For example if the duty of death is to take dead people to the afterlife, why didn't she take Baron when his son killed him?
If she did, why didn't she see her brother (Dream) that was captured?
If she did see him, why didn't Dream see her?
Secondly, for a woman to be the first Can Helsen in the 1600s shows poor research from the writer or director
A woman being Lucifer is also a no no.
In conclusion, wokeness killed the Sandman
Wow, it's like you watched this series with one eye closed. I did advice you to rewatch EP 6 from the 12th - 14th minutes with loud volume. But if you don't want to lemme explain.
1. Death knew they were after her, meaning she knew her brother was captured. All the endless knew dream was captured. This was what angered him none of them came to rescue him. That was why he decided to ask Hecate rather than his siblings for help in recovering his tools back.
2. All the endless has work to do and can't interfere with one another work, though some find it fun to be a disruptor but they would never do something that will kill their siblings. Desire always know that whatever he does dream would not be harmed but he does this to provide fun for despair. Read where the actor talks about their character. The previous despair committed suicide and this current despair has suicidal tendency hence why they always plot against dream

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brokeloser: 9:37am On Aug 09, 2022
WriterNig:
°°°°°
That fact that the wokists hate this show means it must be good.I must watch it.
The hype here nearly made me download sandman if not yesterday complaints I would not have known it was a lgbtq show.Not a single hypeman mentioned it earlier.I would have wasted my sub downloading rubbish.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nairalanderr: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2022
high school/college series.
*All American 8/10
* Euphoria
* sex Ed .
* sex life of college girls.
* elite.
*gossip girl(don't really like this one)
*Riverdale(nuts)
* and that's all I got. recommend yours

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2022
Blackspider:

Wow, it's like you watched this series with one eye closed. I did advice you to rewatch EP 6 from the 12th - 14th minutes with loud volume. But if you don't want to lemme explain.
1. Death knew they were after her, meaning she knew her brother was captured. All the endless knew dream was captured. This was what angered him none of them came to rescue him. That was why he decided to ask Hecate rather than his siblings for help in recovering his tools back.
2. All the endless has work to do and can't interfere with one another work, though some find it fun to be a disruptor but they would never do something that will kill their siblings. Desire always know that whatever he does dream would not be harmed but he does this to provide fun for despair. Read where the actor talks about their character. The previous despair committed suicide and this current despair has suicidal tendency hence why they always plot against dream
cont'd
3. In EP 6, death literally said she can't be there for everyone during their death, they will all come to her realm like how everyone comes to the dreaming world while asleep. So that's the reason she didn't take the baron plus those people are after her so why risk been captured?
4. Lucifer depicted as woman is nothing wrong unless you are all those that finds a fickle as woke, Lucifer is known to be a f***king shape shifter, so been a woman, man, snake, statue is nothing. He can be depicted as anything not compulsory a man.
So if that's why you gave the show a 6, with this four points of mine you can as well add four more points to your rating lol.

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 10:05am On Aug 09, 2022
Baddestguyp:
watch ep 1-6 and the end scene of ep 10

Too many gay characters... someone complained on reddit that it was almost the entire cast that was gay or trans
tell me you don't know about Neil gaiman's work without telling me you don't know about his work. FYI, Desire is non binary before you call it woke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jupitre(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2022
Iamyemmie:

I think last episode is this Wednesday
So it should be on different sites by Thursday or Friday
From episode 12 right
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 11:30am On Aug 09, 2022
jupitre:

From episode 12 right
Noo netnaija has refused to upload after episode 12 don’t know why
Go and download on 9jarocks 13-20 is there
The one I am waiting for is season 4episode 21
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2022
nairalanderr:
high school/college series.

*All American 8/10

* Euphoria

* sex Ed .

* sex life of college girls.

* elite.

*gossip girl(don't really like this one)

*Riverdale(nuts)

* and that's all I got. recommend yours
Grownish
Rebelde
Control Z
Get even
Secret life of the American teenagers

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:37am On Aug 09, 2022
Blackspider:

tell me you don't know about Neil gaiman's work without telling me you don't know about his work. FYI, Desire is non binary before you call it woke.
non-binary, gay, trans...
I don't want to know or care to know

Anything LGBTQ is a no no...
Especially when it's forced

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jupitre(m): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
Iamyemmie:

To say i've been waiting for episode 12 since june.
thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2022
Jarchi:
[/quote]

[quote author=Jarchi post=114526975]

° Brodaman, I tried all downloading website Google brought my way and I ended up wasting data on ads and rubbish. The reliable ones were data consuming, netnaija is goated abeg °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2022
Baddestguyp:
non-binary, gay, trans...
I don't want to know or care to know

Anything LGBTQ is a no no...
Especially when it's forced
cheesy this statement clearly shows you know nothing about gaiman's sandman's comic book. Desire is a non binary character in the comics not the show forcing it down your throat. If you have issue with the original writing, i advice you don't criticize the work since it's not your cup of tea, just move on there are many shows out there

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jupitre(m): 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2022
Iamyemmie:

What of subtitles please?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2022
Blackspider:

Desire, I get him been non-binary, I mean of course desire covers both genders, but it was as though half of the cast was gay.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
Achilles100:

Desire, I get him been non-binary, I mean of course desire covers both genders, but it was as though half of the cast was gay.
Yeah, i agree that a bunch of the cast were LGBT but they all had like one scene nothing else. But folks out here are just blowing it out of proportion or making it a parameter as to wether the series is worth a watch or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
Achilles100:

exactly...almost the entire cast sef
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2022
Blackspider:
cheesy this statement clearly shows you know nothing about gaiman's sandman's comic book. Desire is a non binary character in the comics not the show forcing it down your throat. If you have issue with the original writing, i advice you don't criticize the work since it's not your cup of tea, just move on there are many shows out there
rest ...I didn't even mention Desire sef

And besides you conveniently ignored all the other points I raised aside the LGBTQ issues
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
Blackspider

Baddestguyp:
I was wondering why people started rating Sandman low all of a sudden, but now I understand

THE SANDMAN...6.5/10

MY ADVICE:
WATCH EPISODES 1-6, then jump to end scene in episode 10

Don't torture yourself watching episodes 7-10, it was very pointless

The first part was easily a 8/10 but the last arc was actually utter crap...
The story was trying to mix in way too much in one season that at a point things didn't seem coherent anymore...

This season should have been not more than like 6 episodes

The last arc had unlikeable new characters, dumb fanservice girl power motivation, was no longer lore focused as the previous arcs
All the characters and even acting in the last arc was terrible, the writing was terrible...
At a point I wondered if I was still watching the same show

It's obvious the goal of the arc was for Morpheas to grow as a character but the writing of the arc was dumb, acting was dumb af
in fact, I believe the point of episodes 7-10 was already achieved in the arc with the 100 years meetings in episode 6, so why exactly did the show torture us through Episodes 7-10

Also the whole LGBTQ thing was obvious and forced af...and it was annoying af...
Having so many gay or trans characters in one show kept pissing me off
There seemed to be more gay than straight characters in the show
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShaqFu: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
The Sandman.

So now any and everything Netflix put their hands on must have LGBTQWXYZ on it. Jeez.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2022
Baddestguyp:
rest ...I didn't even mention Desire sef

And besides you conveniently ignored all the other points I raised aside the LGBTQ issues
Okay, let me give my pov on the entire episode. EP 1 through 6 were all character driven showing the growth of sandman from his hatred to his compassion for humans.

EP 7 through 10 was plot driven, showing how the family of endless interact with one another. The girl power moment you mentioned, i still don't understand, was it that the dream vortex was a woman or him realizing he wasn't omniscient and asking his librarian for help you call girl power. Can you conveniently show me a moment where the female characters were shown to be more powerful than dream bar death.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2022
ShaqFu:
The Sandman.

So now any and everything Netflix put their hands on must have LGBTQWXYZ on it. Jeez.
Homie be acting like Ozark, the gray man, sea beast, blonde, hustle etc has LGBT characters. You just want to complain and follow things that are trendy

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ShaqFu: 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
Blackspider:
Homie be acting like Ozark, the gray man, sea beast, blonde, hustle etc has LGBT characters. You just want to complain and follow things that are trendy
Aside the Gray Man, I haven't seen any of those shows or movie you mentioned. I don't even know who Ozark is because I haven't watched the show or movie he or she or it featured. So now let me tell you this my simple minded dweeb, go fvck yourself and your opinions too. Now pass off.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blackspider: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2022
ShaqFu:
Aside the Gray Man, I haven't seen any of those shows or movie you mentioned. I don't even know who Ozark is because I haven't watched the show or movie he or she or it featured. So now let me tell you this my simple minded dweeb, go fvck yourself and your opinions too. Now pass off.
Funny how you don't even watch anything from Netflix yet claimed that everything they put out has LGBT written on it grin

Like I said just follow the things that is trendy and complain cheesy. That insult is basic af, only a toddler resort to insults when faced with facts, have a nice day wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2022
The Sandman

The entire season one felt like two shows to me. The first 5 or 6 episodes could have been called season 1 and I would have been okay with it.

That 7 - 10 felt like another show, and what was it with the singing of the owner of the Bnb, I just dey fast forward.

I felt they should have started the ending story from first episode, with teasers here and there so the last 3 episode doesnt look like another show.

I do have a question though,(for those who have seen the show) did that woman had to die? Yes it was writing in her life's work that she was to be you-know-what. If the thing that makes them the 'wahala' could be removed , why couldn't it be destroyed in itself instead of her taking it in and it killing her.

I would definetly recommend the first 5 or 6 episode though.
Overall: 6.5/10,

(1) (2) (3) ... (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: AyarmBoye(m), Unicorn009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.