Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,798 members, 7,841,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3556336 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (2828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
Gidah:
Reading comment about the wire characters from the screenshots is giving me goosebumps .nah mehn THE WIRE made me rate HBO more ,it's more real and relatable to the world than breaking bad in my opinion not taking anything away from breaking bad still the better show but the wire is just too deep and real .surely gonna watch it again.
maybe it truly is as good as people say ...
I don't know...

But for me to watch it I honestly need a reason considering it's length and being an old show...
Unfortunately I haven't seen any reviews showing me a good reason to watch...

You might understand the vague reviews cos you've seen the show...
As someone who hasn't, the reviews tell me nothing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ kikibanki

For contrast, these are the my top 5 best written shows I've ever seen in no particular order
But with some elements that stand out the most in these shows:

Game of Thrones - worldbuilding and world history, supernatural lore, political drama, very little plot armor for characters (at least in the early seasons), top tier character writing (until last few seasons)

Attack on Titan - plot complexity, circular storytelling, best plot twists I've ever seen, political drama, themes (a lot of them), character writing for many characters, world building and world history, non-chronological storytelling

Breaking Bad - one of the best character development in fiction, top tier storytelling, slow plot progression with the biggest payoffs, themes

Mr Robot - unique episode directing, storytelling, themes, realistic hacking with real codes, pyschological drama

Legends of the Galactic Heroes (still watching) - one of the best world building in fiction, detailed world history of thousands of years old, the best political drama I've seen, storytelling across space and the universe, war and battle strategies

If I were to write a review on any of these shows, I would succinctly state how these elements are some of the best in fiction and how these elements in the show stand out among similar element in other shows....
E.g I would state why and how legends of the galactic heroes has the best world history I've seen in fiction
abduleez1

Kikibanki

Crumbian

Notice how my list of things that stand out in those two shows align with the screenshot?

That's because you can easily find reviews that state what stands out in those shows...
For some weird reason it seems hard to find a review that gives me a reason to watch The Wire

* These are same screenshots I uploaded above oh

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:

And even if I were to respond
Simply stating "Good writing and plot" is similarly vague as any good show could be said to offer "good writing and plot"

In a proper review you would have to go further to explain...

*Note: that the list I made above of those shows weren't reviews...as I stated, if I wanted to write a review on them, I would focus on those points and tell you how exactly those points stand out from other shows

In contrast, the reason I watched Breaking Bad was because I heard it has "one of the best character development in fiction"

Now that is a reason to watch such a show...even after I got bored from the first 2 seasons, I returned to see the full character development and experience it

See as you showcase your foolishness to the whole world.
How do one expect a detailed review in IMDb for that matter from casual audiences that watch something and hype or praise what they love?
So you expect a proper review of a film or series in one paragraph? If I talk say you be mumu now.

At the bolded... How is it different from this 👇👇

”The storytelling is so ridiculously good and that's because that this is one of the best written shows in TV history”

You're a certified Clown and I pity anyone who takes your words seriously.

It's obvious to everyone you just pick the shït you wanna hear and believe.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
abduleez1:

See as you showcase your foolishness to the whole world.
How do one expect a detailed review in IMDb for that matter from casual audiences that watch something and hype or praise what they love?
So you expect a proper review of a film or series in one paragraph? If I talk say you be mumu now.

At the bolded... How is it different from this 👇👇

”The storytelling is so ridiculously good and that's because that this is one of the best written shows in TV history”

You're a certified Clown and I pity anyone who takes your words seriously.

It's obvious to everyone you just pick the shït you wanna hear and believe.
it is quite different...
Very different I may say...

Anyone who talks about Breaking Bad, the first standout element is the Character Development of Walter White and they explain further...

Look at the images I posted later on BB reviews

Saying "the story is good" without specifying how is quite vague...

Also, shebi I've shown you reviews from articles I checked on The Wire...

I even told you to google by yourself and look at all the articles you find in the first 3 google pages
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
Baddestguyp:
and I did not sieve through anything...
These are the first reviews on IMDB...The top ones

I don't have to be selective, maybe there are good The Wire reviews but I haven't seen any even in the articles I read before

You don't have to be selective, yet you always talk about your impeccable taste in entertainment.

The irony of this lad. 😂🤣😭
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
abduleez1:

You don't have to be selective, yet you always talk about your impeccable taste in entertainment.

The irony of this lad. 😂🤣😭
what are you even talking about?

I see your deflective tactics...
You ignored all my points...
You ignored all my posts comparing my Google searches of The Wire reviews with Breaking Bad and LOGH reviews...

And you brought up something else to deflect...

At this point you should rather accept I was right...
I told you to google yourself or you still can't find a good The Wire review? grin

Maybe you'll have to search the catacombs of google
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:23am On Jan 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
it is quite different...
Very different I may say...

Anyone who talks about Breaking Bad, the first standout element is the Character Development of Walter White and they explain further...

Look at the images I posted later on BB reviews

Saying "the story is good" without specifying how is quite vague...

Also, shebi I've shown you reviews from articles I checked on The Wire...

I even told you to google by yourself and look at all the articles you find in the first 3 google pages

How is it different? It's almost like for like with your Breaking Bad review claim.

Even, The Wire article you posted all have elements of why it's in a class of its own.

The article talked about how TheWire took on systematic bureaucracy that happens in poor neighbourhoods where the main industry players run the towns like a company.
The characters endure and their storylines interweave.

What The Wire is all about is clearly written in the article you posted, despite the initial rambling of the author.
The only plausible explanation for you missing this is that you have comprehension problems. Simple.

I don't even call that a review. More like a opinion piece about the history of the show and how good it was and why it should be taken seriously.

You should just say it doesn't have the thematic elements you find interesting in a show. You don't like the plot, theme or topics.

Did you scroll down and check these two? 👇👇 They are definitely in the first page and are the first actual reviews of The Wire. These are what I'd tag a review not the history piece you were using to compare with a straight up review of the anime film.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by crushplanet: 12:27am On Jan 25, 2023
Watch Woli Agba and Mummy G O on this Hilarious Drama.
Title: Coker Close via Osumare Tv on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmBFXj0JKU&list=PLGaeCGZXLlJ9ZEAAzHILXYZ2-cMAlXmSF

Subscribe to Osumare Tv, on the bell notification, Like, comment and share.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:29am On Jan 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
what are you even talking about?

I see your deflective tactics...
You ignored all my points...
You ignored all my posts comparing my Google searches of The Wire reviews with Breaking Bad and LOGH reviews...

And you brought up something else to deflect...

At this point you should rather accept I was right...
I told you to google yourself or you still can't find a good The Wire review? grin

Maybe you'll have to search the catacombs of google

Accept that you're right?? Is that how you win your arguments. You've been telling people that they should accept your opinions the past few days without actually convincing them with strong points. If your opinion were actually true, you wouldn't feel the need to literally tell peeps to take your for it.

Anyways, this will be my last engagement with you on this topic cos arguing stuffs with you most times makes one lose brain cells.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:33am On Jan 25, 2023
abduleez1:

How is it different? It's almost like for like with your Breaking Bad review claim.

Even, The Wire article you posted all have elements of why it's in a class of its own.

The article talked about how TheWire took on systematic bureaucracy that happens in poor neighbourhoods where the main industry players run the towns like a company.
The characters endure and their storylines interweave.

What The Wire is all about is clearly written in the article you posted, despite the initial rambling of the author.
The only plausible explanation for you missing this is that you have comprehension problems. Simple.

I don't even call that a review. More like a opinion piece about the history of the show and how good it was and why it should be taken seriously.

You should just say it doesn't have the thematic elements you find interesting in a show. You don't like the plot, theme or topics.

Did you scroll down and check these two? 👇👇 They are definitely in the first page and are the first actual reviews of The Wire. These are what I'd tag a review not the history piece you were using to compare with a straight up review of the anime film.
the bolded says absolutely nothing about what makes the show special.... absolutely nothing tangible

"The characters endure and their storylines interweave"...I could as well say that for every single show I've ever seen in my life

And it's funny how you didn't open those links you showed...
Here are their contents

Indaily and thewiredotco
Very worthless links

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:36am On Jan 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Accept that you're right?? Is that how you win your arguments. You've been telling people that they should accept your opinions the past few days without actually convincing them with strong points. If your opinion were actually true, you wouldn't feel the need to literally tell peeps to take your for it.

Anyways, this will be my last engagement with you on this topic cos arguing stuffs with you most times makes one lose brain cells.
I'm still waiting for good points from you...

Till now you've not even addressed a single point...

The website links you showed in screenshot, I opened them and showed you the rubbish content

I'm still waiting...bring me a good The Wire review in the first 3 pages of google
grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2023
@ abduleez1

I said I didn't watch The Wire because all the reviews I saw through Google didn't tell me what made it stand out...
Instead all I got were vague reviews...

You said I was spewing shît

I brought proof screenshots

you said it's IMDB

I checked about 3 pages of google, all the sites that weren't IMDB or similar user review sites like Quora and I brought screenshots

I said you should also check yourself

I even brought screenshots of 2 other shows and reviews from 1st page of google...1 was even 1st link

Till now you're dribbling and avoiding

At this point if you can't argue with proof maybe you should give up or acknowledge
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 7:15am On Jan 25, 2023
🎥 Devotion (2022) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Gidah: 7:34am On Jan 25, 2023
You want hbo to market THE WIRE for you again abi my AOT bro .I can even say the wire is the most original series I've seen everything felt too real ,the theme song of the series alone is a banger .Abduleez abeg you don try say no more abeg

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Frostyzone(m): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2023
This Baddestguyp fella is easily the dumbest contributor in this section.

8 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:54am On Jan 25, 2023
Gidah:
You want hbo to market THE WIRE for you again abi my AOT bro .I can even say the wire is the most original series I've seen everything felt too real ,the theme song of the series alone is a banger .Abduleez abeg you don try say no more abeg

I don wash my hand comot for the discussion last night go sleep na. No be as if I dey surprised anyways. Na him attitude be that. Once him don set him mind on something, if you like bring all evidence wey dey this life, Baba go still find one silly thing take discredit the whole thing and claim him never see strong points.

Na myself I dey vex for wey I Siddon waste 2hrs of my life dey argue with am, when I just downloaded 6hrs worth of movie and TV series yesterday to watch. I no watch anyone las las.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 8:09am On Jan 25, 2023
Hurts everytime. 😔😔

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Gidah: 8:10am On Jan 25, 2023
I haven't seen a series that has a very large scale of characters with many important role ,you can't write anyone off in THE WIRE abeg the series no be for child at all I too love am .
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Angel55555(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2023
meobizy:
The Last Of Us. This is good. The series as a whole is a middle finger to the other studio which produced the Halo TV show. Thank God I’ve not played the game, however the clips I’ve repeatedly watched online are beat for beat representations of scenes in the show. I never believed a video game could come to life this way and I never doubted HBO could deliver. Episode two was… chef’s kiss. I was never bored, I was hyped to watch the next episode immediately.

My only criticisms (which are still positives).

1. Quit it with reenacting scenes from the game. Three were done in the first episode. Three were done in the second. It seems this will be a recurring theme. Yes, your studio nailed all aspects of the source material. Please, I want more creative liberty. I don’t want studios going the lazy route of feeding us things we already saw in video games. The audience is not that dumb.

That’s all.

I didn’t see much of Bella Ramsey’s acting in the first episode. She was truly Ellie in the second. Game Joel is pretty one-dimensional. Pedro Pascal is crushing it in the role. All the actors chosen are making the characters theirs, despite physical differences from the game counterparts.

How do movies and shows make money despite spending so much? I want to understand the finances of Hollywood.

Before a movie is declared profitable, it must make enough money at the box office, usually X2 of the amount spent as the movie's budget.
For example if a movie is produced with $100, it must make at least $200 to $250 ( depending on the marketing cost which is a lot these days) to be profitable. If it fails then it's a box office bomb.
Plus movies make more than their box office life time gross through DVD sales, streaming, selling of merchandise etc.

I've played the last of us, it's a pretty good game with stunning visual and emotional attachment. It seems the series is doing quite well, all the reviews I've read so far are okay. They say it's just like the game. Is it on prime or HBO max ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2023
The Last Of Us will be bigger than The Walking Dead if it lasts that long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:19am On Jan 25, 2023
Gidah:
all I said was I didn't see a good review on The Wire that actually stated what made it special
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2023
Frostyzone:
This Baddestguyp fella is easily the dumbest contributor in this section.
when you have no point to make...

Just throw insults...

Internet 101
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2023
abduleez1:

I don wash my hand comot for the discussion last night go sleep na. No be as if I dey surprised anyways. Na him attitude be that. Once him don set him mind on something, if you like bring all evidence wey dey this life, Baba go still find one silly thing take discredit the whole thing and claim him never see strong points.

Na myself I dey vex for wey I Siddon waste 2hrs of my life dey argue with am, when I just downloaded 6hrs worth of movie and TV series yesterday to watch. I no watch anyone las las.
but you brought no evidence even when I kept asking you for some
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:22am On Jan 25, 2023
Gidah:
I haven't seen a series that has a very large scale of characters with many important role ,you can't write anyone off in THE WIRE abeg the series no be for child at all I too love am .
so is this what makes it special?
I'm asking?
How large is the cast and how important are their roles compared to let's say GOT?

I'm curious
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 8:24am On Jan 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
abduleez1

Kikibanki

Crumbian

Notice how my list of things that stand out in those two shows align with the screenshot?

That's because you can easily find reviews that state what stands out in those shows...
For some weird reason it seems hard to find a review that gives me a reason to watch The Wire

* These are same screenshots I uploaded above oh
My Brother in Christ. You no matter how you tell a lie, it can never be the truth.

I ask again, do you really know the meaning of "vague" or you are clearly trying to be deliberately obtuse for our amusement and earn the title as the thread's clown?

abduleez1 posted a screenshot of a review of "The Wire" up there and it talks about great character building and "world development " which is in your silly list of things you want to see in a review or a good show. So i clearly don't know what you have been on about since last night.

If you're seriously questioning how good "Succession" and "The Wire", then your taste in shows should be seriously questioned and I don't think anyone should take you seriously. i leave you with a SS of the meaning of vague from the Merriam Webster dictionary and compare it with the review of "The Wire" that abduleez1 posted, and it fits your warped meaning of "vague", then we might have a serious problem of comprehension here.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 8:25am On Jan 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Ride on gee.... That dude is so full of shït. Always claiming refined taste yet we dey struggle to see the Refinery. 😂😂

Drop detailed review for us to see and appreciate your wealth of knowledge, mba, na hide and seek and how to criticize.

Mann.... The thing tire me grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kikibanki: 8:30am On Jan 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
so is this what makes it special?
I'm asking?
How large is the cast and how important are their roles compared to let's say GOT?

I'm curious
Isn't character building in one of your silly list of what a good show should have?

Isn't it good character building and roles the post you quoted is saying "The Wire" has?

So i ask again, is it a comprehension problem or you are been obtuse on purpose?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seankafor(m): 8:30am On Jan 25, 2023
Lana1:
The Last Of Us will be bigger than The Walking Dead if it lasts that long
I think this is where Netflix comes in

Waiting every week for 1 episode is boring

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2023
Kikibanki:
My Brother in Christ. You no matter how you tell a lie, it can never be the truth.

I ask again, do you really know the meaning of "vague" or you are clearly trying to be deliberately obtuse for our amusement and earn the title as the thread's clown?

abduleez1 posted a screenshot of a review of "The Wire" up there and it talks about great character building and "world development " which is in your silly list of things you want to see in a review or a good show. So i clearly don't know what you have been on about since last night.

If you're seriously questioning how good "Succession" and "The Wire", then your taste in shows should be seriously questioned and I don't think anyone should take you seriously. i leave you with a SS of the meaning of vague from the Merriam Webster dictionary and compare it with the review of "The Wire" that abduleez1 posted, and it fits your warped meaning of "vague", then we might have a serious problem of comprehension here.
My taste should be questioned because I said I haven't seen a good The Wire review?

So you're basically saying i should not question whether a show is good simply because others said so?
Talk about herd mentality

Maybe you should learn to form your own opinion

Show me the abduleez1 review that you're talking about
It certainly can't be this, is it?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
but you brought no evidence even when I kept asking you for some

Okay Bros.
Hope you would drop a "detailed review" written by you for us this week? So that we the unenlightened can learn from your wealth of experience.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2023
Kikibanki:
Isn't character building in one of your silly list of what a good show should have?

Isn't it good character building and roles the post you quoted is saying "The Wire" has?

So i ask again, is it a comprehension problem or you are been obtuse on purpose?
the dude I quoted made mention of "large scale of characters with many important role ,you can't write anyone off"

I was curious asked him how it stands out in comparison to shows like GOT...

If you cannot answer the question, kindly sit aside and wait for him to answer me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:42am On Jan 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Okay Bros.
Hope you would drop a "detailed review" written by you for us this week? So that we the unenlightened can learn from your wealth of experience.
maybe I might consider it when you stop running away from the points I made last night

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (2828) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Holav(m), hersarhn, Niok and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.