Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3514208 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) ... (2818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 12:57am On Apr 05
Episode 8 ⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by roqrules04(m): 4:05am On Apr 05
The letter for the king
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by maidaboi(m): 8:58am On Apr 05
roqrules04:
The letter for the king
season 2 out?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:36am On Apr 05
Invincible season 2............7/10

A pretty decent season. Not as good as the first season tho. I think the break hurt it a lot as it killed immersion for me at least...

The entire season felt like a set-up for season 3 imo

Personally I think this season could have easily been at least an 8.5/10 if it had way better animation, music and better direction.

The show is quite lacking in the direction department...the directing of scenes can easily turn a scene from a 7/10 to a 10/10 scene...but in this show it doesn't do that...the directing could certainly have been better.

Instead it feels like the entire budget was wasted purely on paying celebrity voice actors.
The animation especially suffered a lot...

I'm not a person who rants about animation quality a lot but I couldn't help but notice how the terrible animation of this show stood out... It was literally 1990's animation level. Old Ghost in the Shell movies had way better animation than a high budget animation on 2024? Shocking
The poor animation killed immersion for me so many times...

A lot of the emotional moments fell flat for me because of these issues I listed above.

The producers tried to make a big deal about Mark struggling with the feeling of killing a human and yet it didn't hit for me.
Same as the arc of Mrs. Debbie Grayson dealing with the trauma of her ex-husband's betrayal and actions

Same as the character arcs of The Immortal and Dupli-kate...

Mark's relationship with Amber never really hit it for me. They didn't seem like a good match at all to me...and it felt like a pointless drag watching the show waste so much time on their relationship drama issues...

That said, the season did have some shocking moments but at this point it feels like the entire show is being carried by a few moments of shock value...

You'd expect the show to be more streamlined to focus on the story by this second season...but instead we're still faced with many random sidetracking....random everyday villains...
The point of these side tracking is obviously to develop each character but they mostly fall flat due to the mediocre directing this show suffers from.

In summary, it wasn't a bad season by any means, but it wasn't a great one either...
There were some writing issues...but far bigger production issues...
Most of the issues could have been resolved by better use of its budget...

And the whole swollen eye trend was getting on my nerves

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05
The Joke in 3 Body Problem explained...
For those who didn't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjjIMi0JSQ4?si=yB6jY064zbF8oafP

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 12:50pm On Apr 05
abduleez1:

Omo I think say na only me. I download movies almost every week but I don't watch. I literally downloaded about 5 movies few hours ago and I don't even have I schedule of watching them.

It's TV series I still try to squeeze out time to at least watch an episode or two a week. But movies na big problem. Don't know why.

Trying to watch POOR THINGS for two days now. Never still finish. Not cause it's boring or anything but ginger no dey unlike before.
lol, you just perfectly described how I watch movies these days. Maybe it's because we've watched so much over the years, I don't know sha.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Delacroix6(m): 1:15pm On Apr 05
Finished 3 body problem last week, now watching Young Sheldon, Shogun, Parasite and Bandidos

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05
Well deserved 🤝

Continuing the good work of Attack on Titan

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by twosquare(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05
Parasyte out!!!

Never watched the anime...so I might not watch the Netflix live action series

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by twosquare(m): 4:35pm On Apr 05
Halo Season 2

9/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LeopardX: 8:14pm On Apr 05
NeoWanZaeed:

Yeah.. that's why he told him not to collect the seppku letter

Even so, he anticipated the foolishness of his son. His will didn't include him, but his grandchild.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:20pm On Apr 05
Finally started Shogun since they now have 7 episodes out. It is DEFINITELY worth the hype. Currently on episode 5
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:40pm On Apr 05
LeopardX:

Even so, he anticipated the foolishness of his son. His will didn't include him, but his grandchild.

Probably he knew he'll eventually get himself killed or it's all part of his plans

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Succhris: 12:45am On Apr 06
Is suits good enough?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by roqrules04(m): 6:53am On Apr 06
maidaboi:
season 2 out?

No not yet
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:24am On Apr 06
Baddestguyp:
Invincible season 2............7/10

And the whole swollen eye trend was getting on my nerves

Not just swollen eye, swollen left eye. There was a scene where both Invincible and his mother both had their left eye swollen. I was like WTF!!, is this something kind of fetish for the animator? There are other ways to indicate someone has taken a beating.

So so swollen left eye.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 9:20am On Apr 06
Blasphemy!!!

In the medieval ages, many had been burned at the stakes for less insulting and provocative questions cheesy
Succhris:
Is suits good enough?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 10:14am On Apr 06
Succhris:
Is suits good enough?
this is an insulting question. You have to appeal the god's or something close to that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Phant0mStranger: 3:25pm On Apr 06
Cases of paternity fraud full this shōgun

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Succhris: 3:31pm On Apr 06
Chibudollar:
this is an insulting question. You have to appeal the god's or something close to that.
Thanks. Will watch it and see
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Succhris: 6:15pm On Apr 06
Chibudollar:

Thanks, I will watch
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 6:28pm On Apr 06
🎥 Dune: Part 2 (2024) = 5.2/10 ✔️

🚮 Meaningless. Watching it felt like a chore. I've never been a fan of Sci-fi Star Wars like movies. Don't think I'll ever watch any of that shit.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 6:35pm On Apr 06
WriterNig:
🎥 Shogun S01 (2024) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Can't believe this is what some clowns are comparing to Game Of Thrones. SMH

Those clowns that compared this mid series to GOT. How do y'all feel now?

7 episodes in, still nothing intriguing about it. I regret giving it a 7/10 rating, should have been less.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 06
Kaycee7:
Ahmad no well 😂🤣😂

Shey this solo leveling don dey make sense?? Kinda stopped downloading for some weeks now. E be like say na ep 6 or 7 i stopped.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06
Kaycee7:
Bro thought he was one of Leonidas' 300 Spartans 😭😭

Lmao.... You people dey mad I swear. 😂😂😂

Just watched this episode finish, and I'm satisfied not seeing this bitchy self destructive thing. The guy na werey pro max. Always bank on him to do one stupid thing.

I no know which nonsense he's trying to prove. He can't escape his father's shadow. Not with his often stupid behaviour.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06
WriterNig:
🎥 Dune: Part 2 (2024) = 5.2/10 ✔️

🚮 Meaningless. Watching it felt like a chore. I've never been a fan of Sci-fi Star Wars like movies. Don't think I'll ever watch any of that shit.

I just finished watching the movie and I must say you are a very big clôwn 🤡🤡🤡

Even if your life depended on it, you won't know a good movie when you see one....

You have 0 media literacy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:20pm On Apr 06
Baddestguyp:

I just finished watching the movie and I must say you are a very big clôwn 🤡🤡🤡

Even if your life depended on it, you won't know a good movie when you see one....

You have 0 media literacy

You for ignore the boi

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06
Waiting for Messiah is the biggest mistake anybody can make.

Fight hard and survive before Messiah comes. Not evading fights and waiting for Messiah to fight all for you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:47am On Apr 07
abduleez1:

Shey this solo leveling don dey make sense?? Kinda stopped downloading for some weeks now. E be like say na ep 6 or 7 i stopped.
Nah. Maintained the same vibe to the end of the season. The MC was leveling up but the show was not

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:50am On Apr 07
abduleez1:

Lmao.... You people dey mad I swear. 😂😂😂

Just watched this episode finish, and I'm satisfied not seeing this bitchy self destructive thing. The guy na werey pro max. Always bank on him to do one stupid thing.

I no know which nonsense he's trying to prove. He can't escape his father's shadow. Not with his often stupid behaviour.
Bro got worse with each episode. From thinking he would be a bit competent to realizing that he was a mumu to him dying like a clown.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 12:04pm On Apr 07
just started watching solo leveling,this show is 🔥🔥🔥.

invincible finale could have done better

(1) (2) (3) ... (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) ... (2818) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Lakesman445(m), Fabulous0019(m), Baddestguyp(m), ositadima1(m), Predestin(m) and 1 guest(s)