Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,148 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1252061 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 1:15am On Aug 28, 2021
Tybello101:
Naira Fam, pls I really need a quick one on this?
A POF that carries from 1st July- 5th August, in accordance with the UKVI rule when is the deadline to use such POF for visa application pls?
Answers Pls

5th sept.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efoaseye: 1:25am On Aug 28, 2021
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!!
All the way from Ghana...

VISA TYPE: Standard
Accra Visa application Centre (VAC)

APPLICATION: 26th July
BIOMETRICS: 26th July
TRANSFERED TO DMC 26th July
RECEIVED BY DMC: 26th July

Then the stress started.

1st non straightforward mail: 10th August
2nd non straightforward mail: 12th August
(I nearly mad)
Interview invitation: 16th August
Interview: 20th August.
Interview was over one hour. Call disconnected twice.
Application transferred to VAC: 26th August (when I tracked)
No decision email. As I didn't receive refusal email, I had hope.

I went to VAC on 27th, application was no where to be found. Waited till almost close of day before lady went through DHL envelope and found mine.

Opened to see visa smiling at me with a Printed Decision letter included in pack. When I held envelope first and felt the A4, I thought refusal letter. Only after leaving centre that collection mail came and tracking showed passport at VAC etc.

After 30 days of worry, I got my visa.
God dey!!!

Edinburgh napier, here I come.

47 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 1:27am On Aug 28, 2021
Callmed:
Yep

Thanks. Must the certificate be certified by a court?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by koolice009: 1:34am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello everyone, I have Bsc in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development and graduated with 2:1...what master course can I do in the UK that will guarantee admission and probably a scholarship. Kindly advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Samadhii(m): 1:40am On Aug 28, 2021
scobyy2007:
According to info on the UKVI website:

You must have this money for at least 28 consecutive days. The end date of the 28-day period must be within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa.

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

You cant use it. This is because of the obvious reason from the statement above.

Hello Sir, I'm getting confused here. In your second to the last statement, is it 'You can't use it' or 'You can use it'. I feel it's still within 31 days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teecol: 1:52am On Aug 28, 2021
Please for those who have answered /attended interview before, If asked how you got your funds how do answer the interviewer? i got the funds transferred to my account by my uncle. just a bit nervous on questions around fund. Would appreciate a response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vickyuche(f): 1:54am On Aug 28, 2021
leggyb:

I used Qatar website. If you have a dollar card it would be easier. But what i did was to make a booking, put it on hold and use the PNR number generated to make a direct transfer to their Gtbank naira account.

Afterwards, i sent the payment Evidence to losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com with my PNR and mobile number as a remark. Same day, e-ticket was sent to my registered email address.

Register online on their website and take a look. All instructions are there for you to follow. I returned later to select my seats and meal preference.

How did you do the conversion from $$ to naira? What exchange rate did you use, cos I noticed prices are listed in $$ on their website.

I followed ur advice and received a mail containing my PNR and their account details that I can pay in, but no conversion rate course there GTB is a naira account.

I'm stuck at this point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 2:18am On Aug 28, 2021
When is closing time btw. Is it 3pm or 4pm? Nevermind, it has been answered already

Olalekzy1:

Una dey try o,12am,2am,I got there around 5:20 am,I was number 86 and couldn’t do my biometrics on Monday.I had to wait till closing time.The staff collected our printout and wrote our number.Ikeja walk-in is over crowded.It takes patient.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Boofrenzy: 3:00am On Aug 28, 2021
Yes
Tybello101:
@scobyy2007.... Boss!
A beg a POF from 1st July to 5th August...
Can I still use it to apply on Monday 30th August
Need answer pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pholar11: 3:34am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello peeps, I got offer from Sunderland university. Which is better, the London campus or Sunderland campus.

Very urgent, please help!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fountain67: 4:03am On Aug 28, 2021
No
izyblaze:
Quick one please and everyone going to Hull, does hull require pof to get CAS. It’s urgent biko. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 5:30am On Aug 28, 2021
Hello gurus, while paying for the visafee, ihs and priority, my brother is paying with his credit card online, is it oanda conversation rate we are using
Please urgent answers
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by latinahola: 5:54am On Aug 28, 2021
pholar11:
Hello peeps, I got offer from Sunderland university. Which is better, the London campus or Sunderland campus.

Very urgent, please help!!

I don’t know which one is more better
But I know London expenses is much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2021
Don't use it. Print a more recent statement

Samadhii:

Hello Sir, I'm getting he confused here. In your second to the last statement, is it 'You can't use it' or 'You can use it'. I feel it's still within 31 days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by wakabobo: 6:43am On Aug 28, 2021
izyblaze:
When is closing time btw. Is it 3pm or 4pm? Nevermind, it has been answered already

To do walk-in same day in Ikeja you need to sleep around the TLS premises, wake-up by 1:30am, go to the gate, write your name in the list, then go and sleep. This is peak period! .... In my own case, I slept with the security man down at the preskin hotel junction. I was number one on the list

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 6:52am On Aug 28, 2021
vickyuche:

How did you do the conversion from $$ to naira? What exchange rate did you use, cos I noticed prices are listed in $$ on their website.

I followed ur advice and received a mail containing my PNR and their account details that I can pay in, but no conversion rate course there GTB is a naira account.

I'm stuck at this point.

Hi, on the website, there is a currency converter where you can input the dollar value to get the naira equivalent. Pay exactly the amount as seen on the conversion to their account details. Generate a receipt and send to the email i placed on my previous post.

Remember to state your PNR and phone number as heading this time.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2021
fabulous2019:
Hello gurus, while paying for the visafee, ihs and priority, my brother is paying with his credit card online, is it oanda conversation rate we are using
Please urgent answers
Thanks
Please anyone who have paid should answer my questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rubyzz: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2021
Zinnex99:
Some days from oct 26th upwards have opened up

Thanks a lot, will jump on it right away
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mikael3(m): 7:25am On Aug 28, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:
Going to Teesside and need a quarantine accommodation, holla at your girl
Good morning, please I need quarantine accomodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Callmed: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2021
Vecharry:

Thanks. Must the certificate be certified by a court?
it's a police report...all certifications it needs should be by the police.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AmmyG: 7:30am On Aug 28, 2021
I need help pls
Please is there anyone going to Bradford for September intake, how did you get accommodations and also for those with children how did you get a child minder? I would appreciate a response thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by johnsonsegxy: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2021
leggyb:

14th

How can i reach you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2021
johnsonsegxy:

How can i reach you?

Send me a mail leggybmax@gmail.com, i would respond.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omabiodun: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2021
mrchemist:
I used Fidelity Bank did Biometeric since 17 August I don't know what is happening. How can I confirmed the Fidelity Bank have confirmed me

Send an email to true serve on trueserve@fidelitybank.ng
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omabiodun: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2021
naijatisumi:
Collection mail came in today ! I’m so anxious for my wife. I know GOD has done it . I will definitely testify by GOD grace. I hope this is a positive one

Yes it's a good news, go and collect your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dubaiprince: 8:00am On Aug 28, 2021
efzbah:

The Alpha and Omega of ALL THINGS has done It!

Family of 3 - Dependants (1 partner, 2 children; Main applicant already in UK about 4 months ago)
Type : Standard Ikeja TLS for all
Biometrics: 30th July
Sent Paid mail: Monday 23rd August
Collection Mail 25th July (didn't see it until 26th because I have over checked, over refreshed the page and tirec)
Collected for all: July 27th

No travel history for all
No non-straight forward mail
No interview
I had a lot of worries but I took them all to God in prayer.

We all crosschecked the applications throughly, but didn't see that a letter was missing in of the children's name until the day of biometrics - today, I checked and saw that it has been corrected to what is on the passport without writing a cover note or sending a mail in that regard.
During the biometrics, I stammered while calling my name and DOB. I was worried because I've read about people being called and asked their names, etc.

I want to appreciate everyone who takes out time to answer question on this platform, not forgetting Dubaiprince who shared how the other partner in UK was able to sign the consent letter.

Thank you all.

All glory to God.

Congratulations. Happy to read this!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by omabiodun: 8:03am On Aug 28, 2021
Morning everyone, @justwise, @scobyyy, please what is the best way to buy PTA from Bank as a student without buy return ticket, is it possible? Pls, how can I go about it, it urgent. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2021
This information is for those considering using form A to make tuition deposit.

I applied for tuition balance payment using form A through Gtbank. I got debited the next day.

Tuition Balance = £1100
Amount debited = N630,386.68

This is about N573 to £1.

All administrative charges and commission inclusive.

I am still looking for a way to pay for my accommodation using same form A. This is far much better, than using black market rates to make international payments.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2021
omabiodun:
Morning everyone, @justwise, @scobyyy, please what is the best way to buy PTA from Bank as a student without buy return ticket, is it possible? Pls, how can I go about it, it urgent. Thanks.

I really doubt this is possible for students who dont have return tickets within two weeks. But hey, if you see please do let us know.

All the calls i put through to bankers i know returned negative.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sheriph: 8:16am On Aug 28, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gtessy: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2021
Visa alert!!!

My congratulations is here. Only God has the final say. What God cannot do, does not exist.

This journey to japa started since 2017. We started with Canada express entry. We did everything required and entered the pool not knowing that being in the pool is not a guarantee of being picked. When we realised it could take eternity to be picked from the pool we decided to try the student route yet I got refused 3 times . That was how I gave up and decided to begin further studies here in 9ja first. However, I realized I was guiding and helping my friends and colleagues to move out of the country while I still remained in 9ja. I wasn’t bothered initially, but the situation of the country coupled with the spate of insecurity made us to rethink our future, especially because of our children.
Finally we decided to go through the UK student route...to cut long story short God came through for us, the whole process was seamless , where it seems it was going to be difficult, God showed forth and made it easy.

Family of 5 all submitted at the same time

Date of Biometrics : August 17th. We had appointment for one and paid for walk in for the remaining 4
Visa type: Paid for priority for main applicant and standard for others

Centre: Ikeja TLS

Collection Email: 26th August

School: Sheffield Hallam University

Passport picked up 27th Aug.for main applicant, my husband and one of my children. Got a non straight forward mail for one of the kids and to also resend her TB certificate few days after biometrics. Awaiting collection mail for the remaining two.

My appreciation especially to all who take their time to respond to questions in the group. I have been a silent reader but gathered enough information that helped me through this process. No agent was used .

We move to the next level and pray we all get our congratulations soon too�����������
Peace

41 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 9:01am On Aug 28, 2021
leggyb:
This information is for those considering using form A to make tuition deposit.

I applied for tuition balance payment using form A through Gtbank. I got debited the next day.

Tuition Balance = £1100
Amount debited = N630,386.68

This is about N573 to £1.

All administrative charges and commission inclusive.

I am still looking for a way to pay for my accommodation using same form A. This is far much better, than using black market rates to make international payments.

If anyone has made accommodation payment, please help o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.