Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit (2201 Views)

Refused Canadian Study Permit And No Right To Appeal What Do I Do Pls Advise / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by JagaJaga1: 8:15pm On May 19, 2011
I just paid NOK90800 as living expenses to my school in norway and now awaiting the confirmation of receipt of payment from them. I know everything about the Norwegian embassy except the mode of interview for student. I'd appreciate it if anyone in the house can elaborate on that so that i don't go there and start receiving questions like define this and that.
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by peddyuk: 12:32pm On May 20, 2011
hiya, i was opportuned to study in university of oslo, norway, on a short scholarship, you are on the right way,
as much as you pay the deposit for the school fees, be rest assured your visa gonna be granted,
they will call you for interview and you will show all your supporting documents including evidence of your deposit,
and when you get to norway, they will open a student account for you where all your deposit will be kept for you, the tution
is free, and all the money you pay as deposit is still yours,
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by ebonycrux(m): 10:30am On May 23, 2011
jaga jaga pls i need your help. i am about to go for my nysc programme by jully, immediately am through i want to go for my masters programme in Norway. i will need you to put me through all the necessary things i need to do so as to secure a masters addmision in Norway, My e-mail address is ebonycrux@yahoo.com kindly send me the details of how to go about it.
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by JagaJaga1: 11:40am On May 23, 2011
@ebonycrux Google up Norwegian universities. What's your first degree and CGPA
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by ebonycrux(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2011
I studied Biochemistry (B.Sc), Second class Lower (2.68)
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by thosedays: 12:00pm On May 23, 2011
@jaga this money you hv deposited for living expenses,  are you free to withdraw it or part of it once u get to the school?

peddyuk:

hiya, i was opportuned to study in university of oslo, norway, on a short scholarship, you are on the right way,
as much as you pay the deposit for the school fees, be rest assured your visa gonna be granted,
they will call you for interview and you will show all your supporting documents including evidence of your deposit,
and when you get to norway, they will open a student account for you where all your deposit will be kept for you, the tution
is free, and all the money you pay as deposit is still yours,

PEDDYUK are u trying to say one can hv free access to the money, like to do some withdrawal from it? just wanna know,
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by wella01: 2:33pm On May 23, 2011
@ those days.

you are allowed to withdraw some money weekly till u open a bank account. once you open the account, all remaining money will be transferred to your account.
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by thosedays: 3:36pm On May 23, 2011
Thanks Wella01, very much appreciated but i hope it dose´t take much time to open account tho.
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by Lucy001(f): 9:59pm On May 23, 2011
@ Poster,

Can I get to use my domiciliary account to make my transfer or how did u go about yours

Thank U
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by wella01: 12:08am On May 24, 2011
@thosedays

its not that easy to open acct but most schools facilitates the opening for new students which makes it easier. i think it depends but at most within 2wks. its pretty much easier to open acct as a student especially when banks knows that you are bringing a lot of money as deposit to their bank.

@lucy001

it is pretty easier to send your funds from domiciliary acct, it could take like 3-5working days for the receiving bank to get the funds. Another option is getting someone to transfer from Scandinavian or europe on your behalf, but that takes 3working days to get through, with this means, bank charges are very cheap and reasonable. The ball is in your court. good luck!
Re: Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit by JagaJaga1: 10:33am On May 24, 2011
@wella Whats all this talk of 3-5 working days. I use GTB and the money got to the bank in 24hrs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bali The Island Of Love . Let's Travel To Bali And Enjoy What God Offers To Us / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.