Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,252 members, 7,860,582 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled (892 Views)

Five Killed In Anambra As Troops Repel Unknown Gunmen Attack / Blood Bath In Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled / Bandits' Attack Repelled By Villagers In Kebbi State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by Antoeni(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
There was palpable tension between residents of Ile-Ife and Modakeke of Osun State on Friday, following the killing of five farmers from Modakeke along Toro Road in the early hours of the day.

The five victims, all male, were found dead on the road to Toro village, where they reportedly had farms.

A community leader in Modakeke, Mr Femi Eluyinka, who confirmed the incident in an interview with our correspondent, said some people from the town, accompanied by police operatives, evacuated the corpses.

Eluyinka, who said the incident had aggravated tension in Modakeke town, said, “Policemen operatives have arrived; tension is on the rise; five of them (deceased) were indigenes of Modakeke and they were killed this morning along Toro road. They were heading to their farm.”

He further explained that personal details of the victims would be released by the police, adding that shops and business places hurriedly shut down as panic spread across the town after the incident.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the Osun State Police Command, Yemisi Opalola, said, “We heard some people were killed and the Commissioner of Police has deployed more policemen into the area.”

The remains of the victims, it was learnt, were later taken to the morgue of Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital, Ile-Ife.

However, while motorcyclists that accompanied the corpses, conveyed in a police van to the morgue, were returning to Modakeke through Enuwa, Ile-Ife, sources said there was an attempt to attack Ooni’s palace.

An eyewitness, who preferred anonymity, said some youths from Ife who had mobilised and waited at the entrance of the palace, repelled them and arrested some of the youths, as well as some of their motorcycles.

The Osun State Commissioner of Police, Olawale Olokode, on Friday, met some Ile-Ife chiefs, as the command intensified efforts to dispel tension caused by the killing of five Modakeke indigenes by unknown assailants.

At the meeting held in Ooni’s Palace were Obalufe of Iremo, Chief Idowu Adediwura and Lowa of Ife, Chief Adekola Adeyeye, amongst others.

Speaking to Saturday PUNCH after the meeting, Adeyeye, who appealed for calm, said the police had assured Ife community that the perpetrators of the crime would be apprehended and brought to book.

He said, “Osun State Commissioner of Police acted promptly. The intervention doused the tension, and the CP promised that incident of such would never happen in our community again. We call for calm as the police unravel the mystery behind the killing.

https://punchng.com/crisis-rocks-ife-modakeke-five-killed-attack-on-oonis-palace-repelled/

Re: Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by GenAbacha(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
Wake up.

Westerners wake up!
Re: Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by Tomahawk99(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
These fools can flex their muscles when it comes to killing each other but will run at the mention of fulani terrorists heardsmen.
Spineless cowards.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
Once again Human blood has doubled in west.

The other day Abiodun - my western friend and ally was talking to me about so much disunity ravaging the west...

He plainly told me that omoluabis don't love themselves, that even if you give them Oduduwa republic they will still fight and kill themselves because of so much disunity and mistrust among them.

I was really taken aback and I pondered over what he told me, really he was saying the truth, Of courses he was .

Ife/modakeke crisis is an age long crisis that couldn't be solved.

If a small community like that, can't govern herself, how will they do so in Oduduwa.

I do not want to hear of inviting the white to rule over them....that is post-colonialism.
Re: Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by seunlayi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Not again please
Re: Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by Jerryherd: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Life is now cheap in. Nigeria
Re: Crisis Rocks Ife/modakeke, Five Killed, Attack On Ooni’s Palace Repelled by Bola146(f): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2021
I'm not happy about this bad news. Both towns will surely be peaceful

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Charges Nigerian Social Media Influencer, 10 Others For $9 Million Fraud / Baba Ijesha's Alleged Victim Reveals Shocking Details As Court Trial Deepens / Unexplainable Strangest Occurrence - Mystery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.