Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,194 members, 7,860,273 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life (748 Views)

My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening / My Wife Is Circumcised And It's Affecting Our Sex Life / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by pelusi: 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Since my Partner started her recent job, everything concerning our sexual and material life has reduced drastically. By 5am she has started preparing and left house at most 6am and back to house between 9pm to 10pm because of traffic and once she entered house and managed and took her bath and eat,the next thing is to the bed and slept off so tired and exhausted. The next thing is waking up and start preparing for work again. No more time for discussion let alone to make love as she don't even know when I am touching her or initiating sex let alone to respond to it. I will wake her up over and over and roll her here and there to initiate action, ...for where, no response.She don't even feel sex again unless before she started the job,it was always a good fun. Infact this time around things has fallen apart

The work entails Monday to Saturday. Even on Sunday she hardly go to church service as she will still be on the bed till even those that went to service came back and before you know it,preparation in readiness for work for the new week(Monday) has started

No more time for love making and discussing important matter as couple thereby making "konji" to be disturbing me signalling a temptation to start looking for outside.

What should I do. Should I stop her the work.Please advise.
Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by Romanoff(f): 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2021
If you want her to stop, are you financially capable of footing her bills as well as that of the home?

If you are, then you can ask her to stop.

Second option is for you to give her time to find another job, bit you know how the labour market is these days.

If you both have money saved up, you can encourage her to take up business as this job is making you both drift apart and it's taking a toll on her.

Don't force her to leave her job, if you do, she will resent you. Especially if you can't foot her bills later.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by OLORIPAPA: 7:20am On Aug 22, 2021
Lol
Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by Microwhy: 6:30am On Aug 23, 2021
pelusi:
Since my Partner started her recent job, everything concerning our sexual and material life has reduced drastically. By 5am she has started preparing and left house at most 6am and back to house between 9pm to 10pm because of traffic and once she entered house and managed and took her bath and eat,the next thing is to the bed and slept off so tired and exhausted. The next thing is waking up and start preparing for work again. No more time for discussion let alone to make love as she don't even know when I am touching her or initiating sex let alone to respond to it. I will wake her up over and over and roll her here and there to initiate action, ...for where, no response.She don't even feel sex again unless before she started the job,it was always a good fun. Infact this time around things has fallen apart

The work entails Monday to Saturday. Even on Sunday she hardly go to church service as she will still be on the bed till even those that went to service came back and before you know it,preparation in readiness for work for the new week(Monday) has started

No more time for love making and discussing important matter as couple thereby making "konji" to be disturbing me signalling a temptation to start looking for outside.

Let her feel she truly don't need the job and a need for her to stop. Dont mention sexual or marriage drifting apart. Be political.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by Oghene23: 10:38am On Aug 23, 2021
No need to stop her from working. You can try this if you are not busy. You know all the afore-mentioned happened because she got a job, so you will have to adjust and try to help her.

Probably on Saturday or Sunday, plan with her on the clothes and shoes she wants to to where from Monday to Saturday. Let it be Washed and ironed or dry cleaned. That will relieve her a little bit from making decisions everyday.

Also, for the food, since she comes back by 10pm, make sure that her food is ready (you can call and ask her what she wants to eat) and when she comes back, tell her to take her bath and come to eat before she sleeps. You can also eat with her and discuss what happened in the office (you know most women love gist). Also, you can chip in that you miss her and would love to spend quality time with her, and If she can make a day out for both of you to that.

Then sometimes if it possible, mostly during the weekend
take your bathe with her. You can occasionally buy her gifts and take her out for lunch or dinner on weekends.

In summary try to do everything with her, plan her clothes, eat, gist, bathe, go out etc. If it possible, pick her from work.

I believe if she sees your sincerity and love, she will react to it positively.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by Bawal: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
Oghene23:
No need to stop her from working. You can try this if you are not busy. You know all the afore-mentioned happened because she got a job, so you will have to adjust and try to help her.

Probably on Saturday or Sunday, plan with her on the clothes and shoes she wants to to where from Monday to Saturday. Let it be Washed and ironed or dry cleaned. That will relieve her a little bit from making decisions everyday.

Also, for the food, since she comes back by 10pm, make sure that her food is ready (you can call and ask her what she wants to eat) and when she comes back, tell her to take her bath and come to eat before she sleeps. You can also eat with her and discuss what happened in the office (you know most women love gist). Also, you can chip in that you miss her and would love to spend quality time with her, and If she can make a day out for both of you to that.

Then sometimes if it possible, mostly during the weekend
take your bathe with her. You can occasionally buy her gifts and take her out for lunch or dinner on weekends.

In summary try to do everything with her, plan her clothes, eat, gist, bathe, go out etc. If it possible, pick her from work.

I believe if she sees your sincerity and love, she will react to it positively.

Advice is okay but hope it's not turning the man to a housemaid

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
Since it's a recent job, it's selfishness to force her to quit right now, without any plans for her or another one lined up. Instead of thinking only about yourself, you should be appreciative of her efforts and look for ways to help her out or get someone to help her out when she's home (such as on Sundays), so that she herself can relax a little and have some time for you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by pozehnani(f): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Let her stop the job before she lands herself in the hospital.
I know she needs the job to support and take care of the home but the robotic lifestyle it's causing her to live is not healthy for her and the marriage.

If she refuses to stop, then you'll have to adjust to the new noriand work your way around your sexual life and other aspects her demanding job is affecting.

Remember, Sex will not give solve her financial problem.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by frozen70(f): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2021
pelusi:

Her routine is a normal Lagos routines

But my concern is how she will be able to carry pregnancy

If the pay doesn't worth it, let her resign

At times it's not about the money but about good health

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by mrsteel: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
frozen70:

Her routine is a normal Lagos routines

But my concern is how she will be able to carry pregnancy

If the pay doesn't worth it, let her resign

At times it's not about the money but about good health
They will give her maternity leave when the pregnancy mature

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by frozen70(f): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2021
mrsteel:

They will give her maternity leave when the pregnancy mature

And you think it's an easy ride from conception to three months

The first trimester is the most disturbing part of early pregnancy
Re: Pls Advise:d Stress&busy Natur Of Her Job Is Affecting Our Sexual & Marital Life by efficiencie(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
pelusi:

Lack of synchronisation...How does your wife satisfy herself? What is the financial model in your home? Do the both of you have a single purse? Or are both of you working for your individual money? What vision do the both of you have for your home? Do you see a future where both of you create wealth that can lead to early retirement for you and wife? Do both of you pursue career for the pleasure of it? Do you and/or wife value career above marriage and family? Why did you to get married in the first place? If there was a reason for marriage is the reason still valid today?

You are already contemplating going out...perhaps that is what your wife is already doing and you are also being tempted into falling into the same cesspit...reevaluate your marriage, ask the right questions and take the right decisions!

Alatise lo mo atise ara e!

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers! Estate Administration, Shares/dividends Recovery. / Update On My Previous Letter-please Advice / Seeking Fruit Of The Womb? - Hannah's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.