Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? (1131 Views)

Why Did Jesus Not Include A Woman Among His 12 Disciples? / Jesus Disciple Fellowship Expose / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by AfriNotesNEWS: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
I have read the Gospel, have read alot of books yet have not seen a single book that give acount on why did Jesus not choose woman among his 12 disciple

This has made me wonder why Jesus Christ did not choose woman among his disciple �

So here on forum, Nairaland. Can someone help me or us.. cus most question answers are useful to thousands if not to millions..
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Bigredmachine: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
I don't know...
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by AfriNotesNEWS: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
The question is open

Those that knows

Or know any book that give acount to why Jesus did not choose a woman among his disciples should help us here

Thanks
Bigredmachine:
I don't know...
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:
I have read the Gospel, have read alot of books yet have not seen a single book that give acount on why did Jesus not choose woman among his 12 disciple

This has made me wonder why Jesus Christ did not choose woman among his disciple �

So here on forum, Nairaland. Can someone help me or us.. cus most question answers are useful to thousands if not to millions..

The culture of Israel at the time of Christ was indubitably patriarchal. Women were often regarded as mere possessions.

Aside from opening himself to charges of immorality if women had been among the twelve, I suspect a woman’s testimony about Jesus’ resurrection would have been given little credence. We know that the eleven disciples themselves thought the women were speaking nonsense when they came and told them that Jesus had been raised from the dead. (Luke 24:11)

God so loved the world… is a principle that transcends everything else. God limited himself within the patriarchal culture of the time in order to reach the most people with the transforming message of the Gospel.

For example, Jesus encouraged Mary, sister of Martha and Lazarus, to take on the posture of a disciple, learning at his feet.(Luke 10:38-42) Martha, herself, had deep theological conversations with Jesus.

It seems to be a principle that God limits himself within any given context and culture in order to reach people to become his followers.

So the reason is because back then no one believes women testimony or words that why
Notice

Women found out Jesus has rose from the dead no one believed them
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Bornsinner7: 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by hybrid11(m): 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:
The question is open

Those that knows

Or know any book that give acount to why Jesus did not choose a woman among his disciples should help us here

Thanks
Jesus had 12 apostles
And I guess 72 disciples which women were among the disciples

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kobojunkie: 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:

Read the Gospels to learn what you need of Jesus Christ... there are only 4 books to read, not a whole library full.
And it came to pass afterward that He went throughout every city and village, preaching and showing the glad tidings of the Kingdom of God. And the twelve were with Him,
2 and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
3 and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who ministered unto Him from their substance. - Luke 8 vs 1 - 3
Even His own Mother became one of His followers.

39 And when the centurion who stood opposite Him saw that He so cried out and gave up the ghost, he said, “Truly, this Man was the Son of God!”

40 There were also women looking on afar off, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the Less and of Joses, and Salome

41 (who also, when He was in Galilee, had followed Him and ministered unto Him), and many other women who came up with Him unto Jerusalem. - Mark 15 vs 39 - 41
You only need to read the books to find answers

54 The army officer and the soldiers guarding Jesus saw this earthquake and everything that happened. They were very afraid and said, “He really was the Son of God!”

55 Many women were standing away from the cross, watching. These were the women who had followed Jesus from Galilee to care for him.

56 Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of James and John[h] were there.
- Matthew 27 vs 54 - 55
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kriss216: 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
Jesus no get strength for arguments and unnecessary nags...such a Wise man.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kobojunkie: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
hybrid11:
Jesus had 12 apostles
And I guess 72 disciples which women were among the disciples
Apostles are disciples.... they are all of them followers of Jesus Christ - no ranking or hierarchies exist among His followers or those who are in the Kingdom of God, except in the minds of men.. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Don’t start big quarrel this afternoon o

Ever heard of the metrovingians? A race of the elite in modern day France.

They believe themselves to have descended from Mary Magdalene; a trusted and confidential disciple of Christ
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
You mean among the first twelve?

Because some of the leading disciples were women like Mary Magdalene, who anointed Him for His burial and also happened to be the first person He appeared to after His resurrection, who also He sent to report to His disciples.

So there were also women among the prominent disciples even though not among the first twelve.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kriss216: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamadonis22:

They believe themselves to have descended from Mary Magdalene; a trusted and confidential disciple of Christ
Must be feminist dominated race.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by AfriNotesNEWS: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Forum has always been one best place to learn
. learning is what we are here for not for quarrel

iamadonis22:

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kriss216:

Must be feminist dominated race.

No.

Political and business leaders have come from there
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kriss216: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
iamadonis22:

No.

Political and business leaders have come from there
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by hybrid11(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Apostles are disciples.... they are all of them followers of Jesus Christ - no ranking or hierarchies exist among His followers or those who are in the Kingdom of God, except in the minds of men.. undecided
as you said I'd they're no ranking,them he had women among his disciples ...
Secondly there is rank in the kingdom of GOD
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by illicit(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
He chose women but the first 12 were strong men
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
hybrid11:
as you said I'd they're no ranking,them he had women among his disciples ...
Secondly there is rank in the kingdom of GOD
There are no ranks in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 and those in the Kingdom of God all receive the exact same reward - Matthew 20 vs 1 - 16 - the first shall be the last and the last shall be the first to be rewarded. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Romanoff(f): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
The same reason the taliban are sending Afghan women back to the bible times.
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by jetwonder(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
grin 1) To Avoid Distractions
2) Women Are Second Class Citizen Or Subordinate
3) Man Is The Head Of The Family As Jesus Is The Head Of The Church. All The Deciples Were Potential Leaders, So They Should Not Lead Men.
4) Women Were Generaly Regarded As Unclean Human, They Were Not Allow Near Pulpit Area In The Temple.
5) Finaly Thro Eve Sin Come To Adam, So Jesus Avoid Such Senario
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:

This is why God put women away.

Eve single handledly murdered and destroyed everything God created on earth because of her friendship with Satan.

Then she was The First to sin (And God has a thing for Firsts)

Then she cheated on Adam and had sex with Satan. And you know sex means marriage meaning husband and wifeing, therefore, she became Satan's wife, thus corrupted and transferred all her evil unto her kind, (Remember The Law of After your own kind) consequently she condemned her gender.

Then she bore Satan's son, Cain.

Then she killed Adam, the man by getting him to also eat the fruit of death.

So tell me after all these crimes and being filled with evil, since she is married to the-evil, how can the-evil, be allowed to come near The Holy.
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Uyi168: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:

It's the same reason there are no female angels in heaven.
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:

There were women among his disciples (Mary, Martha, Mary Magdalene etc). What you meant was that why didn't Jesus Christ choose women among His apostles?
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by obonujoker(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gathering of women in a workplace is always troublesome
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by orunto27: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
The culture of Israel at the time of Christ was indubitably patriarchal.

DON'T ALLUDE THE ABOVE OBSERVATION TO JESUS.

HE CAME TO SOW THE CULTURE OF GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.

MARY MAGDALENE WAS ACTUALLY AN ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENT FOR JUDAS ISCARIOT.
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
orunto27:
The culture of Israel at the time of Christ was indubitably patriarchal.

DON'T ALLUDE THE ABOVE OBSERVATION TO JESUS.

HE CAME TO SOW THE CULTURE OF GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.

MARY MAGDALENE WAS ACTUALLY AN ALTERNATIVE ARRANGEMENT FOR JUDAS ISCARIOT.
According to whom? Your GO? undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Christ Not Choose Woman Among His Disciple? by orunto27: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to whom? Your GO? undecided

What is GO?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Gives His Life For Us On The Cross / The Gay Agenda Blueprint: A Plan To Transform America / What Happens When You Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.