Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

What Happens When You Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When You Die? (1124 Views)

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Your Thoughts About What Happens On Emmanuel Tv / What Happens When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You Die? by dot2002(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2007
Heaven and hell are all that matters?
Reincarnation?
Rot in a box and become a fertilizer?
Your thoughts plz
Re: What Happens When You Die? by ajadrage: 12:33am On Dec 04, 2007
Absolutely nothing. The hitherto conscious being just ceases to exist as was the state of individuals state of consciousness at pre-conception which happens to be. . . nothing

No hell, no heaven nor limbo neither is there purgatory or any sort of after life existence just a rotting of the carbon content that all flesh is made of until the appointed time of ressurection for the individual rendering of accounts to the creator
Re: What Happens When You Die? by dot2002(m): 2:12am On Dec 04, 2007
awww that is so so hot
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
The Bible says, "It is given to a man to die once after that judgement"

Man is made up of three parts: his body; spirit; and soul.

The Body:

Our body enables us to touch things and do anything in the physical world.

The spirit:

Is the spirit of God, i.e. the breath God breath into you at creation, it is via the spirit God is able to communicate to man through dreams and visions. The spirit and soul are united beings. It is the spirit that stands between your body, soul and God; like this, "Your body » enables you to have contacts & interactions with the physical world. Your soul » is the real YOU, e.g. when your body gets hurts in any way you say, "My leg! or "Arrrg, my head hurts!" This shows that your body is just like your car or cell phone that you bought or like a gift given to you. So your SOUL is YOU. But your spirit is like an electricity wire that transfers light from its source to your house. Your spirit is also like Gods police man, it judges you via your conscience. So, all those who kill others without any form of remorse or guilt in them, means that their spirit man is no more alife so it cannot communicate to the conscince.

The Soul:

The soul is you yourself, the REAL YOU. When one dies, his natural body decomposes and return to dust. Then, it's all just like a dream, just that now, it's not a dream, it's another world entirely. The real spiritual world, where everything began.

After death, the man is reduced to two parts: his spirit and soul.

So, once a man dies, his spirit will go back to God who gives it, but the soul which is the real YOU will either go to heaven or hell depending on the kind of life you live while on earth. Not just that, it usually if that man have Christ in his life before death calls him and if his last deed is good or bad.

That's why it is writen, "...No man can get to the Father (Gods Kingdom) except through Christ.

And after he has given his life to Christ, he must go on to the second phase of salvation which is "Daily Renewal" of his old self.

If someone is once a bad temper person for instance, he should always renew his life and pray that Christ help him get rid of all his bad and evil sides (and He will. He always will)... This is continual salvation...

Else, if the saved man is not renewed daily and allow Christ to reign completely in his life, if he allowed his old bad or evil character to control him continually, if he died during the process, he might still go to hell fire, even though, he has given his life to Christ.

The good news is, once a man has given his life to Christ which is the first stage and most important step, Christ will always be there to uphold him with his right hand of rightousness, so that he will not fall again.

Hence, physical death does not end all our lifes troubles neither does it ends all our lifes enjoyments. If a man dies without Christ, no matter the state of him while on earth, he will still go 2 hell fire!
And vise-versa.

Give Your Life to Christ NOW!

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
^^^^

The Bible never refers to a MAN apart from his SOUL.

MAN is a living SOUL.

When MAN dies , that's it.

Next stage is the resurrection either to salvation or damnation.
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Yes, man is a living SOUL.

So, when a man dies, he either go to eternal life (heaven) or eternal damnation (hell fire)

That's why it is imparative for all men to accept Jesus now so He can lead them to Gods Kingdom.

I pray God will show His light on all who hasn't accepted Him (Jesus Christ) yet so they could see themselves as sinners; for only in Gods light can a man sees light.
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
tddavid: Yes, man is a living SOUL.

Good.

So, when a man dies, he either go to eternal life (heaven) or eternal damnation (hell fire)

Contradiction : When MAN dies he ceases to be a living SOUL , he returns to dust and his spirit, i.e breath goes back to God.

That's why it is imparative for all men to accept Jesus now so He can lead them to Gods Kingdom.

No, we do not accept Jesus because of HELL.
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
We do not die. Only our bodies do. We are not our bodies.

Thanks.
Re: What Happens When You Die? by BabaGnoni: 7:27am On Nov 30, 2013
Space reserved
# tddavid & frosbel
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 30, 2013
you move into an alternate world. thats why we dream, we see our alternate lives in different realms when we dream
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2013
tddavid: The Bible says, "It is given to a man to die once after that judgement"

The Body:

The spirit:

Is the spirit of God, i.e. the breath God breath into you at creation, it is via the spirit God is able to communicate to man through dreams and visions. The spirit and soul are united beings. It is the spirit that stands between your body, soul and God; like this, "Your body » enables you to have contacts & interactions with the physical world. Your soul » is the real YOU, e.g. when your body gets hurts in any way you say, "My leg! or "Arrrg, my head hurts!" This shows that your body is just like your car or cell phone that you bought or like a gift given to you. So your SOUL is YOU. But your spirit is like an electricity wire that transfers light from its source to your house. Your spirit is also like Gods police man, it judges you via your conscience. So, all those who kill others without any form of remorse or guilt in them, means that their spirit man is no more alife so it cannot communicate to the conscince.

The Soul:

The soul is you yourself, the REAL YOU. When one dies, his natural body decomposes and return to dust. Then, it's all just like a dream, just that now, it's not a dream, it's another world entirely. The real spiritual world, where everything began.

So, once a man dies, his spirit will go back to God who gives it, but the soul which is the real YOU will either go to heaven or hell depending on the kind of life you live while on earth. Not just that, it usually if that man have Christ in his life before death calls him and if his last deed is good or bad.

That's why it is writen, "...No man can get to the Father (Gods Kingdom) except through Christ.

And after he has given his life to Christ, he must go on to the second phase of salvation which is "Daily Renewal" of his old self.

If someone is once a bad temper person for instance, he should always renew his life and pray that Christ help him get rid of all his bad and evil sides (and He will. He always will)... This is continual salvation...

Else, if the saved man is not renewed daily and allow Christ to reign completely in his life, if he allowed his old bad or evil character to control him continually, if he died during the process, he might still go to hell fire, even though, he has given his life to Christ.

The good news is, once a man has given his life to Christ which is the first stage and most important step, Christ will always be there to uphold him with his right hand of rightousness, so that he will not fall again.

Hence, physical death does not end all our lifes troubles neither does it ends all our lifes enjoyments. If a man dies without Christ, no matter the state of him while on earth, he will still go 2 hell fire!
And vise-versa.

Give Your Life to Christ NOW!

The bible can say anything but that doesn't mean its true.

Besides we do not die,we only change form. The soul is eternal
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2013
tddavid: Yes, man is a living SOUL.

I pray God will show His light on all who hasn't accepted Him (Jesus Christ) yet so they could see themselves as sinners; for only in Gods light can a man sees light.

Who is Jesus? White man or Black man?

Besides only you can save yourself from ignorance
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 11:18am On Nov 30, 2013
So, why do we accept Jesus?
Re: What Happens When You Die? by macof(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2013
ajadrage: Absolutely nothing. The hitherto conscious being just ceases to exist as was the state of individuals state of consciousness at pre-conception which happens to be. . . nothing

No hell, no heaven nor limbo neither is there purgatory or any sort of after life existence just a rotting of the carbon content that all flesh is made of until the appointed time of ressurection for the individual rendering of accounts to the creator

Are u atheist or a theist?

I don't seem to understand why u posted the bold
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2013
tddavid: So, why do we accept Jesus?

Why should you accept jesus? You can accept his rotten skeleton though
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2013
You said the soul is eternal, where do the soul goes after death to spend this eternity.

PLEASE NOTE: The Bible does not LIE. The word of God does not LIE!

No matter what you might have read in the bible, most of the things quoted in the Bible that are contradictory requires the Spirit of God to explain it to you. Nevertheless, every word of God is TRUE and it does not LIE and will NEVER!. Beleive it or not.

Let not argue over something we have different views on, you know, peoples believes are one of the hardest thing to change in this life.

No man can submit to the spirit of God..., and to see things beyond human logical reasoning except the light of God shines on him.
I mean, unless the light of God shines forth, no one can see himself a sinner.

The Good News:

A time will inadvertently come when all hidden things will be made manifest. Including all those who are false prohets, pastors, bishops, popes, choristers, ushers, individuals who have known the Lord once and or who knows the truth but denies it... All. All hidden things shall be made clear.

God Bless Us All. smiley
Re: What Happens When You Die? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
tddavid: You said the soul is eternal, where do the soul goes after death to spend this eternity.

PLEASE NOTE: The Bible does not LIE. The word of God does not LIE!

No matter what you might have read in the bible, most of the things quoted in the Bible that are contradictory requires the Spirit of God to explain it to you. Nevertheless, every word of God is TRUE and it does not LIE and will NEVER!. Beleive it or not.

Let not argue over something we have different views on, you know, peoples believes are one of the hardest thing to change in this life.

No man can submit to the spirit of God..., and to see things beyond human logical reasoning except the light of God shines on him.
I mean, unless the light of God shines forth, no one can see himself a sinner.

The Good News:

A time will inadvertently come when all hidden things will be made manifest. Including all those who are false prohets, pastors, bishops, popes, choristers, ushers, individuals who have known the Lord once and or who knows the truth but denies it... All. All hidden things shall be made clear.

God Bless Us All. smiley

The soul is pure Energy which cannot be created nor destroyed. Where does the internet go when it gets disconnected from the laptop? Of course it is still very much around. Different laptops,same internet. Same applies to the soul. Different bodies,same soul. The soul is eternal and will never be destroyed.

The bible has been wrongfully interpreted by christians. Their is no physical Heaven or Hell. It's all in your mind.

Stay clear of negative teachings of fear by religion. When you die,you will be waking up into an advanced reality where you do not need a body. If your consciousness is not high enough,you will be back into another body to learn to be of higher consciousness.

Love is the ultimate goal of life.

You do not need bible verses to be of a higher IQ
Re: What Happens When You Die? by macof(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
tddavid:

The Body:

The spirit:

The Soul:

Maybe according to ur christianity but according to Yoruba spirituality

The Soul(Emi) is the life force, the energy that charges the body and gives it life.
This soul is given as the breath of life from Eledumare. The soul is the real you that is sent to the physical world, and all ur life experiences are in order for the development of the soul.

The Ori is the consciousness in Human lives, The ori is both guide and sub-conscious instructor, Ori is the path to ones destiny.

The body(Ara) is the physical and organic features created by Obatala

After death that ori and body is not needed and are reformed to serve other Souls coming to life.
Re: What Happens When You Die? by macof(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
tddavid:

The Body:

The spirit:

The Soul:

Maybe according to ur christianity but according to Yoruba spirituality

The Soul(Emi) is the life force, the energy that charges the body and gives it life.
This soul is given as the breath of life from Eledumare. The soul is the real you that is sent to the physical world, and all ur life experiences are in order for the development of the soul.

The Ori is the consciousness in Human lives, The ori is both guide and sub-conscious instructor, Ori is the path to ones destiny.

The body(Ara) is the physical and organic features created by Obatala

After death that ori and body is not needed and are reformed to serve other Souls coming to life.
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hmm. Where or who taught you all these heresis? Before obatala was born Jesus was! Before the creation of the world Jesus was! Before sango (god of thunder) start his existence on earth, thunder has been thundering and Jesus was, too. He lives forever!

I want you to understand something, until you experience situations or see problems that goes far beyond logic and normal human reasoning or scientific facts and you can't find solution anywhere and the only option that'll be left for you will be God you will not understand true spiritual knowledge.

You think or you believe heaven and hell doesn't exist? That they both exist in our minds?...

You are greatly deluded!

Do you know that there are many things or cases the doctors, scientists, phylosopers, psychologists... can't give answers to?

I hope you believe witchcraft, voodoo, wizardry, soccery, magic etc.., exists? If yes, how do you intend to fight such demonic powers if for instance you are jinxed! or bewitched? You'll visit a psychologist or a doctor or other sources you think are logical and common sense? That's a great mistake!

If these dark powers exits, and too you beleive the existence of God, how will you say heaven and or hell only exists in our minds?

If these two entities only exists in our minds, our dreams and nightmares (during sleep) exists in our minds only also?

If for example I pray and say, (don't take this personal pls) "I command the windows of heaven to shot against your life! I command the earth to work against you! I command the elements to work against you in Jesus Name! Until you have accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior in Jesus Name! Will you say this is just nothing and that it cannot work? Will you say these are just words and it carry no power? I pray God in His infinite mercy will open your understanding to know Him i Jesus Name!

If you have gone through things that's beyond your power and control and God is the only option left for you, you'll run for cover under Christ umbrella. Fast!

God Help You! smiley
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hmm. Where or who taught you all these heresis? Before obatala was born Jesus was! Before the creation of the world Jesus was! Before sango (god of thunder) start his existence on earth, thunder has been thundering and Jesus was, too. He lives forever!

I want you to understand something, until you experience situations or see problems that goes far beyond logic and normal human reasoning or scientific facts and you can't find solution anywhere and the only option that'll be left for you will be God you will not understand true spiritual knowledge.

You think or you believe heaven and hell doesn't exist? That they both exist in our minds?...

You are greatly deluded!

Do you know that there are many things or cases the doctors, scientists, phylosopers, psychologists... can't give answers to?

I hope you believe witchcraft, voodoo, wizardry, soccery, magic etc.., exists? If yes, how do you intend to fight such demonic powers if for instance you are jinxed! or bewitched? You'll visit a psychologist or a doctor or other sources you think are logical and common sense? That's a great mistake!

If these dark powers exits, and too you beleive the existence of God, how will you say heaven and or hell only exists in our minds?

If these two entities only exists in our minds, our dreams and nightmares (during sleep) exists in our minds only also?

If for example I pray and say, (don't take this personal pls) "I command the windows of heaven to shot against your life! I command the earth to work against you! I command the elements to work against you in Jesus Name! Until you have accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior in Jesus Name! Will you say this is just nothing and that it cannot work? Will you say these are just words and it carry no power? I pray God in His infinite mercy will open your understanding to know Him i Jesus Name!

If you have gone through things that's beyond your power and control and God is the only option left for you, you'll run for cover under Christ umbrella. Fast!

God Help You! smiley
Re: What Happens When You Die? by tddavid: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2013

You are greatly deluded!

God Help You! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Every Thing Happen For A Reason / Unfullfilled Prophecies In The Bible. / Afm With Pastor Chris Oyahkhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.