Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year (15664 Views)

Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Banks Lose N5bn To Fraudsters In Nine Months – NDIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Lovenorth: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2021
Flat heads have cash out the banks
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Npmedia(m): 8:29am On Aug 23, 2021
can nigeria fight it, am not sure u cant stop it
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by falseprophet: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2021
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 23, 2021
Resurrection212:
[b]Where is UBA useless bank they can't explain how my 900k disappeared from accoun[/b]t I can't withdraw 20k per day except add my 4last digit of my atm.

And you kept quiet all these while?

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by iezeiyida(m): 8:33am On Aug 23, 2021
I bank with UBA. I'm happy they ain't among the banks easily accessible by fraudsters.

But, which other bank have great security and services like UBA.. I just want to open a 2nd account with another bank
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by tweakdude1: 8:36am On Aug 23, 2021
ObiOkpor:
Bank staff collaborate with outsiders to defraud innocent citizens.....

No. Most fraud occurred via USSD and ATM cards without the user's authorisation.

I was a victim 6.2k lost since February 2021 a close friend lost 15k during in February.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by easiest(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2021
Good for them since you have people data yet fraudulent activities keep happening without been able to trace the culprit.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Mjkl: 8:42am On Aug 23, 2021
vickydevoka:
. exactly. Banks staffs are thieves. They secret is dis never u have an ATM card for your main account. Never. Then de staffs dere won't be able to withdraw any money.
What most of de do. Is cloning of ATM cards. De will be monitoring ur account untilk one day de will wipe everything. An also your friends n relatives fear Dem. De will just snap ur ATM without ur knowledge. Dere are platform that doesn't require 4 digit. Like pay stack. N some other shopping sites. So de bottom line is do. Ask for ATM for you main savings account
then how would you withdraw from your account.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Kacism(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2021
Same with me UBA, they took my 105k since may till now nothing has happened.

Resurrection212:
Where is UBA useless bank they can't explain how my 900k disappeared from account I can't withdraw 20k per day except add my 4last digit of my atm.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by preshyusufu: 8:52am On Aug 23, 2021
For me, i think Nigeria banks should stop this idea of recruiting contract staff and sack them after some years without reasonable benefits. This can create wrong impressions on sure staff. Their loyalty can not be 100.

3 Likes

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by wazobia68: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2021
One has to be very careful. Last year my active GLO SIM was swapped and used to clear 2m. Thank God for WEMA, they refunded to the last kobo. God bless those WEMA guys that worked on it without demanding for bribe. In fact the man refused to accept anything from me.

5 Likes

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Kacism(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2021
Who told u that UBA has strong security.. Oga they never steal ur money that's why u still have this high trust in them. I was once like u too until mine happened.

iezeiyida:
I bank with UBA. I'm happy they ain't among the banks easily accessible by fraudsters.

But, which other bank have great security and services like UBA.. I just want to open a 2nd account with another bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by seyz91(m): 8:56am On Aug 23, 2021
Confirm!

No two ways about it

As one yoruba adage says "if not thief within there can never be an outiside thief to come rob"
ObiOkpor:
Bank staff collaborate with outsiders to defraud innocent citizens.....

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by vickydevoka(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2021
Mjkl:
then how would you withdraw from your account.
U should have more than one accounts. The one with the highest money shouldn't have an ATM

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by ceejayluv(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2021
Whereas only one bank, eg GTB earned 200 Billion naira in same period.

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Tonytonex(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2021
Saving money in the bank these days is not safe.
You'll end up losing your money.
Huge some of money will just disappear from account just like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by marsup: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2021
Cost of doing business.
It’s from the money they collect from their customers illegally, the fraudsters have taken.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2021
Funny its a bank staff
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Semaj77(m): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2021
dre11:

https://punchng.com/eight-banks-lose-n1-9bn-to-fraud-in-one-year/

"Access Bank lost a total of N138.1m in 2020, which is N197.1m lower than what it incurred in the previous year."

I'm having trouble with my maths , can someone explain how this is possible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 23, 2021
Avoid USSD, main account no ATM , change your password as soon as there’s a compromise like within minutes be observant staff at supermarkets fuel stations and some of these stores .. sometimes are culpable. I’ve observed some pos seem like they are for capturing your pin so keep accounts low.

Nigerian banks yes but UK or US backed banks …nah Come drag me for 500 naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by clothingonline(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2021
Wow customers Money
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by clothingonline(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2021
wazobia68:
One has to be very careful. Last year my active GLO SIM was swapped and used to clear 2m. Thank God for WEMA, they refunded to the last kobo. God bless those WEMA guys that worked on it without demanding for bribe. In fact the man refused to accept anything from me.

This bank is the only I trust my huge fund with
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Jayslyder: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2021
Where is ecobank??
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by OChimex: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2021
Juliusmalema:
First bank remains the first

Bros forget. There is nothing to believe in this country. Some of them can post this to evade tax from govt, or the ogas at the top don carry people money begin they accuse yahoo boys. And some can hide their own just to appear as the best. Every story from Nigeria I dey look am with double mind.

The truth remains that despite being religious, Nigerians are not good people.

Just a minute few are good at heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Blackdisciple(m): 10:40am On Aug 23, 2021
I know access bank will follow
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by sagieramos(m): 10:46am On Aug 23, 2021
iezeiyida:

Fidelity...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by erico2k2(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2021
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Ishilove: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2021
Hian
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by wazobia68: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2021
Semaj77:

"Access Bank lost a total of N138.1m in 2020, which is N197.1m lower than what it incurred in the previous year."

I'm having trouble with my maths , can someone explain how this is possible

Means they lost 138.1m + 197.1m =335.2m the previous year

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by UrVillagePpl: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2021
vickydevoka:
. exactly. Banks staffs are thieves. They secret is dis never u have an ATM card for your main account. Never. Then de staffs dere won't be able to withdraw any money.
What most of de do. Is cloning of ATM cards. De will be monitoring ur account untilk one day de will wipe everything. An also your friends n relatives fear Dem. De will just snap ur ATM without ur knowledge. Dere are platform that doesn't require 4 digit. Like pay stack. N some other shopping sites. So de bottom line is do. Ask for ATM for you main savings account

Yeah true
One needs to be careful this days.

Meanwhile bros, it wasn't easy to comprehend what you wrote
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by DWJOBScom(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2021
And First bank wasnt mentioned
Good
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by calcal: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2021
When you see the bankers sending their children to private schools then you should ask yourself where the money is coming from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driveinhud Rebranded As inHud (Pictures) / Sure Winning Picks, / Eko Electricity Company Announces 7-Hour Power Blackout In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.