Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year (15662 Views)

Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Banks Lose N5bn To Fraudsters In Nine Months – NDIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by kode12: 11:27am On Aug 23, 2021
This should be bank customers lost Bleep. Nigerian banks will never cover you the customer in the event of fraud. Even if your credit card is stolen and you can prove you didn't make the transactions you're still not covered. So tell me how did the banks lose money?
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Hassanmaye(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
tweakdude1:

No. Most fraud occurred via USSD and ATM cards without the user's authorisation.

I was a victim 6.2k lost since February 2021 a close friend lost 15k during in February.
USSD do you mean dollars
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Hassanmaye(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
solasoulmusic:
Avoid USSD, main account no ATM , change your password as soon as there’s a compromise like within minutes be observant staff at supermarkets fuel stations and some of these stores .. sometimes are culpable. I’ve observed some pos seem like they are for capturing your pin so keep accounts low.

Nigerian banks yes but UK or US backed banks …nah Come drag me for 500 naira
What is main account no ATM

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Hassanmaye(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
kode12:
This should be bank customers lost Bleep. Nigerian banks will never cover you the customer in the event of fraud. Even if your credit card is stolen and you can prove you didn't make the transactions you're still not covered. So tell me how did the banks lose money?
They used to pay o, just get a good lawyer if you can prove the bank is negligent the court will force them to pay you.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Steve28: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
Nigeria banks are the real thief’s I believe they deserve more.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by charlsecy(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hassanmaye:
USSD do you mean dollars
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. Those *ggh# kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by Semaj77(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2021
wazobia68:

Means they lost 138.1m + 197.1m =335.2m the previous year

I guess English was my problem in the first place and not my maths

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by officialfoodie: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
iezeiyida:
I bank with UBA. I'm happy they ain't among the banks easily accessible by fraudsters.

But, which other bank have great security and services like UBA.. I just want to open a 2nd account with another bank

Stanbic IBTC
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by alhaji04: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Resurrection212:
Where is UBA useless bank they can't explain how my 900k disappeared from account I can't withdraw 20k per day except add my 4last digit of my atm.
grin
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by vickydevoka(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
iezeiyida:
I bank with UBA. I'm happy they ain't among the banks easily accessible by fraudsters.

But, which other bank have great security and services like UBA.. I just want to open a 2nd account with another bank
Try peace micro finance bank. Or heritage bank. Since u want security. Yahoo boys no send those banks
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by vickydevoka(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
UrVillagePpl:

Yeah true
One needs to be careful this days.

Meanwhile bros, it wasn't easy to comprehend what you wrote
Sorry bro. I so much hate typing. Is not my thing. Couple with my kinda work. I just went through de write up and found out that I wrote an incomprehensible epistle. Sorry for the jargons and typographical error.

1 Like

Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by somehow: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
Yahoo boys in school won't turn angels after graduation na just because they got a job.

They'll simply shift their yahooing to their "legal profession".

Majority of bank staff were yahoo boys and girls in school.
Re: Eight Banks Lose N1.9bn To Fraud In One Year by NnamdiN: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
Access bank should be the first. Useless bank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driveinhud Rebranded As inHud (Pictures) / Sure Winning Picks, / Eko Electricity Company Announces 7-Hour Power Blackout In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.