Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,297 members, 7,850,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet (2711 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:28am On Aug 26, 2021
MightySparrow:
Muhammad Is a messenger only to the Arabs. He is the only prophet outside Jewish race. He brought confusion rather than Message.
Taliban, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram are clear messages of Allah and Muhammad.

MaxInDHouse:

The concluding statement is somehow dicey but if that's how you feel like seeing the matter it's OK. But that's not the truth!

The world is going to an end, Satan and his demons are everywhere trying to make all humans destroy one another, they have lost in the battle to keep everyone in the dark, so as the light of God's word is getting brighter and Jesus' disciples are shining brightly throughout the earth Satan is becoming sadder everyday.

So they want to fight against God but the only way they can do such is by making God's word invalid. God's word said some humans will survive Satan's final attack on humanity {Revelations 7:14} but Satan and his demons are spitefully anticipating total annihilation!

Politics has been the root cause of the problem humans have right after the incident in the garden of Eden. God promised that no matter how Satan try He (God) will always have some people who will be loyal to God {Job 1:8} God arranged for a nation through Abraham's lineage but Satan succeeded in making that nation a mess {Matthew 23:37-38} so after Jesus' ultimate sacrifice God released His Holy Spirit and a GROUP of people who will later become millions across the globe practicing pure worship under God's sovereignty sufficed, instantly Satan and his demons went into action to annihilate all the pioneers of this GROUP {Revelations 12:17} after which Satan quickly initiated a counterfeit GROUP to deceive the world and will serve Satan's purpose, that religion is globally known today as the "Roman Catholic Church" unlike Jesus' true disciples who goes about peacefully preaching and teaching people from house to house and door to door the Catholics were forcing their religion on people everywhere they go. This went on until the birth of Muhammad in Mecca. Muhammad wanted to make himself a prophet just to enjoy himself but attacks kept coming from all sides including the Roman Catholic Church who taught Muhammad the little he knew about God. That was how both religions began struggling for the world's domination under Satan's blindfold (Politics)
Today the Catholic Church and her children Protestants have successfully held the power for centuries {Revelations 17:5} but the Arabs whose ancestors produced the first four world powers wanted the power back. That's why they are fighting Catholic and her Protestant children to recover what they thought rightfully belongs to them.
That's what is happening in the world today.
However Satan and his demons are the unseen forces behind all these {Ephesians 6:12} that's why Jesus commaded us never to lead by force or use of weapons! Matthew 26:52
Throughout the earth today the one and only GROUP who are aware of all these sacred secrets is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization that's why Satan and his human agents keep criticizing us {2Corinthians 4:4} because we are not deceived by Satan's cobwebs! 2Corinthians 2:11
So as i said earlier people will continue to kill people and Satan will give you a thousand and one reason why you must pick up weapons to kill your fellowman, only Jehovah's Witnesses have been trained never to lift up weapons against anyone no matter what happens! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:41am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Muhammad wanted to make himself a prophet just to enjoy himself but attacks kept coming from all sides including the Roman Catholic Church who taught Muhammad the little he knew about God. That was how both religions began struggling for the world's domination under Satan's blindfold (Politics)
You think being a prophet is a child's play. Even Jesus in his home town was rejected and killed according to christians even though he told some of the things they already knew. Imagine Muhammad in place where majority were idol worshippers. THE WHOLE WORLD WAS BASICALLY AGAINST ONE MAN. Not even Christians and Jews supported him.

Are you kidding me that Roman Catholic taught Muhammad what he knew about. Was it Roman Catholic that taught Muhammad that the world was created through some sort of "Big bang" which scientist have proven now but not proven during the time of Muhammad. Or was it in the bible

Allah SWT said:

"Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?"
(QS. Al-Anbiyaa 21: Verse 30)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

Was it the Roman Catholic that taught Muhammad that God had no begotten son which christians themselves have come to realize therby removing it from the bible.

Even till today today the so called Jehova witnesses still beleive God had an only begotten son something Prophet Muhammad proven wrong before christians realized their mistakes. Jehova witnesses started their movement in 1914 claiming God was one where were they during the time of Muhammad when the Catholics were killing [/b]when Muhammad beared the whole pain of the world to prove his point.

Even the so called Protestants still eventually broke out of Catholic now even they are against the Catholics today [b]where were they during the time of Muhammad.

Allah SWT said:

"Say, He is Allah, [who is] One,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 1)

"He neither begets nor is born,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 3)

"Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 4)

Word “Begotten” is a corruption [an addition] (RSV 32 Christians Scholars) & Word “Son” is Corruption [fabricated from Choose] (NIV Christian Scholars) and Trinity 1 John 5:6-7 is a Corruption (RSV 32 Christians Scholars)
Choice left is only Islam a true religion
Lets see
John 3:16 Begotten Son in King James Version is a Corruption and Word begotten has been removed by revised standards versions 32 Christians scholars backed uo by 50 Christians denominations of highest imminent
This confirms the corruption into bible because here is a link to read RSV Bible Preface Yourself and have a look what your own scholars says about King James Version:
http://www.bible-researcher.com/rsvpreface.html
If you do not have time to visit above link then here is a brief sample of RSV scholars: they Say...........
Yet the King James Version has grave defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of Biblical studies and the discovery of many manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision........
John 3:16 the word "begotton" jesus was a "begotton son" of God has been removed by Christians themselves from the bible in RSV bible. According to 32 Christians scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different Christian co-operating denominations said this begotten word in john 3:16 (dictionary mean-act of low level of animal sex) is fabrication, human made addition, misinterpretation, and it is wrong and by those Christian they removed this word begotten from revised standard version of bible (RSV) [/b]
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by alienvirus: 5:05am On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Am I right if I say this

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

En arkhêi ên ho lógos, kaì ho lógos ên pròs tòn theón, kaì theòs ên ho lógos

In the beginning existed the Word, and the Word existed with the God, and a God was the Word.

Note: there is difference between the God and or a god (a God)

ton theon - The God (definite) NOUN

Kai theos.- and God (indefinite) ADJECTIVE

The meaning of the Greek article
The meaning of the Greek article is slightly different, which can make it difficult for English speakers to grasp.

"The primary function of the [Greek] article is not to make a word definite.

When the article is present, it is emphasizing identity

When the article is not present, it is generally emphasizing the quality of the substantive."

-Mounce, BBG, p. 334

You're doing great brother. 1000 likes for you

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Aug 26, 2021
Whatever makes Muhammad a prophet should equally makes Buddha, Plato, Socrates, Guru Maharaj, Ṣàngó and all other warriors prophets as well!

The only nation with whom God made a Covenant regarding Priests and Prophets is Israel! Though there are many philosophers and priests from other nations. Before the Bible got to those nations they often call such a philosopher "wise man" or "god" but after discovering that Israelites do call their own "prophet of God" all others began calling their philosophers prophets as well. That's what Muhammad heard from the Catholics before he too began claiming Prophet, had it been he never came across the Israelites or Catholics what the middle East do call people like Muhammad are "wise one" (philosopher) not prophet!
Muhammad couldn't figure out the truth about creation because he wasn't sent by the true God so he gathered contradicting informations from various religions like Judaism, Catholicism, Babylonian and Greek philosophy to fabricate his own ideas.
And as for the so called scientists don't be fooled they're also gathering informations from various sources to run their own conclusions. God created Heaven and Earth there was no Big Bang otherwise creation which of course reveals the handiwork of a wise designer won't make any sense.
So if you want to believe in the Big Bang good for you but God is the designer who arranged everything the universe didn't come to be by chance according to the Evolutionists rather there is an all wise designer behind it GOD! smiley

haekymbahdx:
You think being a prophet is a child's play. Even Jesus in his home town was rejected and killed according to christians even though he told some of the things they already knew. Imagine Muhammad in place where majority were idol worshippers. THE WHOLE WORLD WAS BASICALLY AGAINST ONE MAN. Not even Christians and Jews supported him.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Whatever makes Muhammad a prophet should equally makes Buddha, Plato, Socrates, Guru Maharaj, Ṣàngó and all other warriors prophets as well!

Sure I know there is a God behind it who only say to it "be and it will be" and that is Allah. My message was do Catholics knew that earth and heaven were Joined entity before they separated don't get me wrong.

Okay I didn't know that Buddha, Plato, Socrates, Guru Maharani, Sango are seed of Abraham.

Genesis
12 And God said unto Abraham: 'Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah saith unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall seed be called to thee.

13 And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.'

Now I ask you please answer me which nation did God made out of Ishmael or was that a failed declaration by your God

Isaiah 29
10 For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled.

11 And the vision of all this has become for you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot, for it is sealed.

12 And when the book is given to him who is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot read.

13 And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition [without any thought as to the meaning],

14 Therefore, behold! I will again do marvelous things with this people, marvelous and astonishing things; and the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the understanding of their discerning men will vanish or be hidden.

Allah SWT said:

"Recite in the name of your Lord who created -"
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 1)

"Created man from a clinging substance."
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 2)

"Taught man that which he knew not."
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 5)

"No! [But] indeed, man transgresses"
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 6)

Who is this talking about Max

Is Charles Taze Russell the founder of Jehovah witness a seed of Abraham.

Mind you the nation of isreal which you hold dearly and been cursed by how many Christians are in isreal today.

Mathew 23
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, murdering the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a mother fowl gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused!

38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God's help). [I Kings 9:7; Jer. 22:5.]

39 For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!(F)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by AntiChristian: 9:21am On Aug 26, 2021
nencounter10:

Sorry, I don't have time for debates. I just state the truth and move on.

Theon and Theos are different forms of the noun Theo. Just as have, had and has are different form of the verb 'to have' in English language.Consult a Greek Grammer book for more info.

As for the other thing you wrote consult the thread below for more info.

https://www.nairaland.com/6691292/lets-talk-gods

Alright, Jesus has a God.

How can Theon be the God of a Theos?

No need for you to answer!
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:

Sure I know there is a God behind it who only say to it "be and it will be" and that is Allah. My message was do Catholics knew that earth and heaven were Joined entity before they separated don't get me wrong.
No you don't know because if you do you will never speak of Big Bang when talking about a Creator who is the sole architect!

Okay I didn't know that Buddha, Plato, Socrates, Guru Maharani, Sango are seed of Abraham.
Neither is Muhammad because Abraham had eight sons but God specifically said he covenant will be established with Isaac even when Abraham spoke of Ishmael! Genesis 17:18-21
So all other seven sons of Abraham has been ruled out of the promised seed! undecided

Genesis
12 And God said unto Abraham: 'Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah saith unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall seed be called to thee.

13 And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.'

Now I ask you please answer me which nation did God made out of Ishmael or was that a failed declaration by your God

God promised Abraham that Ishmael will survive but at the same time God never promised any Covenant with Ishmael rather what God's angel said about Ishmael is that the child and all his generations will become terrorists! Genesis 16:11-12

Isaiah 29
10 For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled.

11 And the vision of all this has become for you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot, for it is sealed.

12 And when the book is given to him who is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot read.

13 And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition [without any thought as to the meaning],

14 Therefore, behold! I will again do marvelous things with this people, marvelous and astonishing things; and the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the understanding of their discerning men will vanish or be hidden.

Allah SWT said:

"Recite in the name of your Lord who created -"
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 1)

"Created man from a clinging substance."
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 2)

"Taught man that which he knew not."
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 5)

"No! [But] indeed, man transgresses"
(QS. Al-Alaq 96: Verse 6)

Who is this talking about Max

Is Charles Taze Russell the founder of Jehovah witness a seed of Abraham.

God's word never mentioned anything about Ishmael having to do with salvation of mankind so any prophecy found in the scriptures is about the lineage of Jacob! John 4:22

Charles Taze Russell is not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses because there are many things Charles didn't know in his time that we know today so the real founder of Jehovah's Witnesses organization is the one whose words we're working upon everyday to correct the errors made by all those who participated in the emergence of this global big and happy family family of peace loving worshipers! Isaiah 2:2-4
So whoever told you that Russell is the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses go and tell the person that we no longer celebrate Christmas today while Charles celebrated it till his death. Therefore he couldn't have been the founder if the Organization no longer participate in the things he celebrated during his life time.

For instance you are a Muslim and Muhammad is the founder of your religion, whatever Muhammad established as a celebration to thank his God do you think it's proper for any Muslim to rule out such a festivity?
NO!
WHY? Because Muhammad is the founder of that religion. But in this case there are many things Russell believed in his own time that we now know as ERRORS! So he is not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses organization! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 10:35am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No you don't know because if you do you will never speak of Big Bang when talking about a Creator who is the sole architect!
Allah SWT said:

"Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 117)

"Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?"

Allah has said how he created the heavens and earth and it has been proved by scientists. Show me from Bible how Jehovah created heavens and earth alone.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Neither is Muhammad because Abraham had eight sons but God specifically said he covenant will be established with Isaac even when Abraham spoke of Ishmael! Genesis 17:18-21
So all other seven sons of Abraham has been ruled out of the promised seed! undecided
At least you will agree that apart from Isaac of all Abraham's seed only Ishmael did Allah said he will make a great nation.

Genesis
18 Arise, raise up the youth and support him with your hand, for I intend to make him a great nation.

Note the word Great nation that means it will be known

You can prove me wrong by posting a verse where Allah said this to other sons of Abraham
[/quote]
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God promised Abraham that Ishmael will survive but at the same time God never promised any Covenant with Ishmael rather what God's angel said about Ishmael is that the child and all his generations will become terrorists! Genesis 16:11-12
So where are the generation of Ishmael and Great nations which God said he would make out of him...
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:06am On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Allah SWT said:

"Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 117)

Allah has said how he created the heavens and earth and it has been proved by scientists. Show me from Bible how Jehovah created heavens and earth alone.

When talking about Creation what exactly did Allah say that sound as if it's the Creator that's talking?
Well let's scrutinize what both Gods said regarding CREATION?

JEHOVAH said he first created one spirit creature who worked with Him during those creative days {Proverbs 8:22-30} so when He said let us make man in our own image Jehovah was talking to His only begotten Son! Genesis 1:26

But that will only lead to endless arguments of no benefits. Let's talk about Creation itself.
Each person will ask rhetoric questions about on what his own God said about Creation then we'll both verify how true it is. Are you ready for? smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God's word never mentioned anything about Ishmael having to do with salvation of mankind so any prophecy found in the scriptures is about the lineage of Jacob! John 4:22
Agreed, where is Great nation which God wanted to make. If you say Great it means it has to be well known abi
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Agreed, where is the Great nation which God wanted to make. If you say Great it means it has to be well known abi
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 11:11am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When talking about Creation what exactly did Allah say that sound as if it's the Creator that's talking?
Well let's scrutinize what both Gods said regarding CREATION?

JEHOVAH said he first created one spirit creature who worked with Him during those creative days {Proverbs 8:22-30} so when He said let us make man in our own image Jehovah was talking to His only begotten Son! Genesis 1:26

But that will only lead to endless arguments of no benefits. Let's talk about Creation itself.
Each person will ask rhetoric questions about on what his own God said about Creation then we'll both verify how true it is. Are you ready for? smiley
Question: Who created heavens and earth. Give me the name of the person simple
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
At least you will agree that apart from Isaac of all Abraham's seed only Ishmael did Allah said he will make a great nation.
Genesis
18 Arise, raise up the youth and support him with your hand, for I intend to make him a great nation.
Note the word Great nation that means it will be known
You can prove me wrong by posting a verse where Allah said this to other sons of Abraham

You're making it funny because i already told you that Abraham felt concerned for his first born son that's why God assured him that Ishmael will survive. There are six other sons of Abraham after the death of Satan (Abraham's legitimate wife) Abraham never asked any question about them because they grew up in his environ unlike Ishmael whom he has to send away with the mother!

So it's logical and reasonable that God promised the patriarch of the safety and survival of Abraham's first son! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Question: Who created heavens and earth. Give me the name of the person simple

JEHOVAH!
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're making it funny because i already told you that Abraham felt concerned for his first born son that's why God assured him that Ishmael will survive. There are six other sons of Abraham after the death of Satan (Abraham's legitimate wife) Abraham never asked any question about them because they grew up in his environ unlike Ishmael whom he has to send away with the mother!

So it's logical and reasonable that God promised the patriarch of the safety and survival of Abraham's first son! smiley
Which of the other sons did God say he will make a Great nation.

Where are the ishmelites has his generation the Great nation gone into extinction.. Are isrealites a Great nation where are the Great nation of ishmelites...

MaxInDHouse:

Where are the terrorists you talked about did Ishmael became a terrorist....
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by RightChannel: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:

THE WHOLE WORLD WAS BASICALLY AGAINST ONE MAN

Point of correction: When muhammad was still alive, he never took his fight outside Medinna and Mecca, so the whole world was not against him rather majority of people living in Saudi Arabia because Muhammad was an idol worshipper
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Which of the other sons did God say he will make a Great nation.
Where are the ishmelites has his generation the Great nation gone into extinction.. Are isrealites a Great nation where are the Great nation of ishmelites...
Guy been a great nation has nothing to do with God's Covenant. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, England, America, Russia, Germany and many more were greater nations a hundred times than Israel so which of them is the lineage of Ismael? smiley

Where are the terrorists you talked about did Ishmael became a terrorist....
That's what the angel said in that book so God never promised salvation through Ishmael the angel said Ishmael will become a trouble maker:

And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. KJV

Jehovah’s angel added: “Here you are pregnant, and you will give birth to a son, and you must name him Ishʹma·el, for Jehovah has heard your affliction. He will be a wild donkey of a man. His hand will be against everyone, and everyone’s hand will be against him, and he will dwell opposite all his brothers. NWT

You can search for another Bible translation of Genesis 16:11-12, i just gave you the two i have on my mobile device.

So whatever Ishmael will become in life trouble making is the trademark says the angel of God. There was nothing like covenant of prophet coming from that lineage! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Guy been a great nation has nothing to do with God's Covenant. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, England, America, Russia, Germany and many more were greater nations a hundred times than Israel so which of them is the lineage of Ismael? smiley

That's what the angel said in that book so God never promised salvation through Ishmael the angel said Ishmael will become a trouble maker:

And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. KJV

Jehovah’s angel added: “Here you are pregnant, and you will give birth to a son, and you must name him Ishʹma·el, for Jehovah has heard your affliction. He will be a wild donkey of a man. His hand will be against everyone, and everyone’s hand will be against him, and he will dwell opposite all his brothers. NWT

You can search for another Bible translation of Genesis 16:11-12, i just gave you the two i have on my mobile device.

So whatever Ishmael will become in life trouble making is the trademark says the angel of God. There was nothing like covenant of prophet coming from that lineage! smiley

Well whatever you say I don't care if Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, England, America, Russia, Germany and many were greater than ishmelites so which of them did God say he will make a great nation and gibmve proof. What matters is Ishmael is the only son of Abraham that God said he would make a great nation did he talk about others stop jumping bro ... Are the united states not a bigger nation than isreal infact all the nations above are greater than isreal so what logic is in what you are saying

Infact are they greater that ishmelites do you know the populations of Muslims in the world. Islam has basically spread to almost all countries get that.

Genesis 16
10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.

Deuteronomy 18

18 I will raise up for them a prophet (Prophet) from among their brethren like you, and will put My words in his mouth; and he shall speak to them all that I command him.

19 And whoever will not hearken to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.

The children of isreal were expecting 3 personalities Christ, Elijah and the prophet.

Jesus was Christ, John was Elijah, who was the prophet?

John 1
24 The messengers had been sent from the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, Why then are you baptizing if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?

Which means the prophet came after Christ unfortunately isreal had been cursed by God definitely no prophet would come from there anymore

Mathew 23
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, murdering the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a mother fowl gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused!

38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God's help). [I Kings 9:7; Jer. 22:5.]

39 For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!(F)

Which prophet like Moses came after Jesus if not Muhammad.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:

Well whatever you say I don't care if Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, England, America, Russia, Germany and many were greater than ishmelites so which of them did God say he will make a great nation and gibmve proof. What matters is Ishmael is the only son of Abraham that God said he would make a great nation did he talk about others stop jumping bro ... Are the united states not a bigger nation than isreal infact all the nations above are greater than isreal so what logic is in what you are saying
The logic is simple. God reassured Abraham that the child will survive that's all, it has nothing to do with Covenant or Salvation because the other six sons of Abraham could be any of the great nations in the past. For instance Midian was one of Abraham's sons later born to him and the fourth world power was Medo~Persia (Midians and Persia)
So at least one was mentioned later as a world power when neither Israel nor Ismael was mentioned throughout history as one time world power!

Infact are they greater that ishmelites do you know the populations of Muslims in the world. Islam has basically spread to almost all countries get that.
That's what i'm saying! Politicians are using
Islam to recruite more hands for support but you are not a descendant of Ishmael! smiley

Genesis 16
10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.
Exactly the same thing was said about Israel but they never ruled the world once so don't let politicians use you as a scapegoat.
Islam will never rule the world, in fact America is using diplomacy to sabotage the politicians using Islam by introducing DEMOCRACY.
Under this system of government alcoholics, lesbians, gays, feminists, transgenders, atheists and many more will have a say in the political affairs of their country. That's why islamized nations are having problems because they will first have issues with their own people who have chosen to live their lives in a way totally contradicting Islam. So Islam is bound to fail! undecided
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Exactly the same thing was said about Israel but they never ruled the world once so don't let politicians use you as a scapegoat.
Islam will never rule the world, in fact America is using diplomacy to sabotage the politicians using Islam by introducing DEMOCRACY.
Under this system of government alcoholics, lesbians, gays, feminists, transgenders, atheists and many more will have a say in the political affairs of their country. That's why islamized nations are having problems because they will first have issues with their own people who have chosen to live their lives in a way totally contradicting Islam. So Islam is bound to fail! undecided
Who is talking about Ruling the world. We are talking about the true God creator of Heavens and earth ALLAH
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:

Which prophet like Moses came after Jesus if not Muhammad.

You've jumped all the protocol my friend!

Moses was speaking to the Israelites here and this people only view fellow Israelites as their brothers!
But let's assume Moses was speaking about the extended descendants of Abraham, don't forget that the descendants of Esau (Edomites) will be the first because it was Esau and Jacob that were born to Isaac.
And if we're to extend the invitation to Abraham's descendants then apart from Isaac Abraham still have seven other sons including Ishmael! Genesis 25:1 undecided
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Who is talking about Ruling the world. We are talking about the true God creator of Heavens and earth ALLAH

Allah is what Muhammad called his God that has nothing to do with the God of Israel! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by nencounter10: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

Alright, Jesus has a God.

How can Theon be the God of a Theos?

No need for you to answer!

Jesus Christ called God his God sever times in scripture. It is perfectly scriptural. He said it on the cross, he said it to matter after his resurrection. He said it several times in revelation. It may not make sense to you , it makes perfect sense to christians. God the Father is his father and also his God. It you don't believe it, it means absolutely nothing. Who cares if a Muslim does not believe a Bible fact is a Bible fact. Absolutely no one.Job done zero .

Visit the thread whose link I gave you to get answers to your questions. If you believe them, good. If you don't believe them, it means absolutely nothing.

Have a nice day.

Modified:
Relevant scriptures:

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You've jumped all the protocol my friend!

Moses was speaking to the Israelites here and this people only view fellow Israelites as their brothers!
But let's assume Moses was speaking about the extended descendants of Abraham, don't forget that the descendants of Esau (Edomites) will be the first because it was Esau and Jacob that were born to Isaac.
And if we're to extend the invitation to Abraham's descendants then apart from Isaac Abraham still have seven other sons including Ishmael! Genesis 25:1 undecided
The prophet didn't come until after Christ because the children of isreal were expecting 3 personalities of which the prophet was among. Unfortunately isreal was cursed so I ask which prophet came after Jesus...

Would the prophet had even been sent to isreal after it had been cursed.

The onus is on you to tell us the prophet that came to isreal after Jesus or the prophet didn't come.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Allah is what Muhammad called his God that has nothing to do with the God of Israel! smiley
Allah is what Abraham called his God too. Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob unless you want to say there are more than one God Almighty

Exodus 6

3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My [a]name the Lord I did not make Myself known to them [in acts and great miracles].(A)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:

The prophet didn't come until after Christ because the children of isreal were expecting 3 personalities of which the prophet was among. Unfortunately isreal was cursed so I ask which prophet came after Jesus...
Would the prophet had even been sent to isreal after it had been cursed.
The onus is on you to tell us the prophet that came to isreal after Jesus or the prophet didn't come.

There's no Bible verse that says a prophet will come after Jesus, don't forget that i was once a Muslim too and i know where you're driving at but i'll not act presumptuously. Please PRESENT the Bible verse that says another prophet will rise after Moses.
The one i know is found @ Deuteronomy 18:15-19
If that's the verse then let's break it down but if not please quote that verse in the 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses of the book called "Bible" smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There's no Bible verse that says a prophet will come after Jesus, don't forget that i was once a Muslim too and i know where you're driving at but i'll not act presumptuously. Please PRESENT the Bible verse that says another prophet will rise after Moses.
The one i know is found @ Deuteronomy 18:15-19
If that's the verse then let's break it down but if not please quote that verse in the 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses of the book called "Bible" smiley
Neither did any verse say a prophet will come before Jesus

This is not about breaking down at the time of Jesus no prophet had come to isreal then isreal was cursed till then no prophet came not until Muhammad.

Would a prophet come to isreal after it had been cursed.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Allah is what Abraham called his God too. Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob unless you want to say there are more than one God Almighty
Exodus 6
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My [a]name the Lord I did not make Myself known to them [in acts and great miracles].(A)

This is where you goofed greatly!
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has a Hebrew name "JEHOVAH" or "YAHWEH"
So Allah has nothing to do with that, in fact all the nations of the earth knew the name of the Israelite God therefore if Muhammad wants to claim he has anything to do with that God he must learn from the Jews! John 4:22 undecided
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Neither did any verse say a prophet will come before Jesus

This is not about breaking down at the time of Jesus no prophet had come to isreal then isreal was cursed till then no prophet came not until Muhammad.

Would a prophet come to isreal after it had been cursed.

Which prophet pronounced the CURSE on Israel? smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is where you goofed greatly!
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has a Hebrew name "JEHOVAH" or "YAHWEH"
So Allah has nothing to do with that, in fact all the nations of the earth knew the name of the Israelite God therefore if Muhammad wants to claim he has anything to do with that God he must learn from the Jews! John 4:22 undecided
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob didn't have a name he was Allah only God of Moses was Yahwe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris : Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God / Merry Christmas & Happy New Year [best Pictures] / Did Jesus Commit Suicide?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.