Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,307 members, 7,850,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet (2713 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Which prophet pronounced the CURSE on Israel? smiley
From the mouth of Christ himself.

Mathew 23
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, murdering the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a mother fowl gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused!

38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God's help). [I Kings 9:7; Jer. 22:5.]

39 For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!(F)

Allah SWT said:

"Cursed were those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel by the tongue of David and of Jesus, the son of Mary. That was because they disobeyed and [habitually] transgressed."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 78)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This is where you goofed greatly!
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has a Hebrew name "JEHOVAH" or "YAHWEH"
So Allah has nothing to do with that, in fact all the nations of the earth knew the name of the Israelite God therefore if Muhammad wants to claim he has anything to do with that God he must learn from the Jews! John 4:22 undecided
The same disobedient Jews that were cursed is who Muhammad should learn from..
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
The God of Abraham didn't have a name he was Allah only God of Moses was Yahwe
Well go and tell your Islamic tutors that i said "the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has a Hebrew name YHWH not Allah"
In fact that's the first problem Muhammad has when asked the name of the God who appointed him as a prophet because the inhabitants of Mecca already knew the name of the Jewish God so Muhammad dare not mention that name that's why he became CONFUSED and started mentioning the name the inhabitants of Mecca knew which is "Allah" meaning "the God" all the nations of the earth had their Gods with specific names:
Egypt~ Ra
Greece~ Zeus
Rome~ Jupiter
And so on! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
The same prophet you just quoted is the one Moses spoke about {Act 3:19-23} so it is not Muhammad! smiley

haekymbahdx:
From the mouth of Christ himself.
Mathew 23
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, murdering the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a mother fowl gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused!
38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God's help). [I Kings 9:7; Jer. 22:5.]
39 For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!(F)
Allah SWT said:
"Cursed were those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel by the tongue of David and of Jesus, the son of Mary. That was because they disobeyed and [habitually] transgressed."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 78)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well go and tell your Islamic tutors that i said "the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has a Hebrew name YHWH not Allah"
In fact that's the first problem Muhammad has when asked the name of the God who appointed him as a prophet because the inhabitants of Mecca already knew the name of the Jewish God so Muhammad dare not mention that name that's why he became CONFUSED and started mentioning the name the inhabitants of Mecca knew which is "Allah" meaning "the God" all the nations of the earth had their Gods with specific names:
Egypt~ Ra
Greece~ Zeus
Rome~ Jupiter
And so on! smiley
Tell your Jehovah witness tutors that I said there is only one God, only one Allah. Whoever is the true Allah will respond...

La illaha illah Allah

There is no other god except God Almighty
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The same prophet you just quoted is the one Moses spoke about {Act 3:19-23} so it is not Muhammad! smiley

Who told I beleive in Apostle Paul Christ is Messiah and not the Prophet Moses was talking about. The Jews were expecting a prophet because Paul didn't see any he thought he won't come is he God.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Tell your Jehovah witness tutors that I said there is only one God, only one Allah. Whoever is the true Allah will respond...
La illaha illah Allah
There is no other god except God Almighty
That means Zeus, Jupiter, Hermes, Artemis, Ọ̀rúnmìlà and all others are also Allah because all the worshipers also believe in their Gods! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That means Zeus, Jupiter, Hermes, Artemis, Ọ̀rúnmìlà and all others are also Allah because all the worshipers also believe in their Gods! cheesy
If you beleive there is only one God then you don't worry about that.

God knew there were several gods before he revealed himself to Abraham as God Almighty.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Who told I beleive in Apostle Paul Christ is Messiah and not the Prophet Moses was talking about. The Jews were expecting a prophet because Paul didn't see any he thought he won't come is he God.

Well what i quoted aren't the words of Paul but Peter a close confidant of Jesus.
Jesus is the promised Messiah (last prophet) the Jews were expecting Sir! cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
If you beleive there is only one God then you don't worry about that.

God knew there were several gods before he revealed himself to Abraham as God Almighty.

Then don't tell me that Allah is the same as the God of Abraham simply because Muhammad said so! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Then don't tell me that Allah is the same as the God of Abraham simply because Muhammad said so! smiley
Then don't tell me "I will be what I will be" is the name of God of Abraham just because Moses said so

Abraham is my father and I follow the Abrahamic religion and I worship Allah his God...

Now what is the meaning of "I will be what I will be"
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well what i quoted aren't the words of Paul but Peter a close confidant of Jesus.
Jesus is the promised Messiah (last prophet) the Jews were expecting Sir! cheesy
Well I follow the word of God not peter

Allah SWT said:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 157)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Then don't tell me "I will be what I will be" is the name of God of Abraham just because Moses said so
Abraham is my father and I follow the Abrahamic religion and I worship Allah his God...
Now what is the meaning of "I will be what I will be"

I will be could be Zeus, Jupiter,Hermes, Artemis, Ṣàngó, Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Okija, Ayelala as in anything after all the one who said so never mentioned any other nation in connection with His Covenant apart from Israel!

So if you want to Interpret the Bible think before you do because i will be what i will be has a meaning otherwise it could be anything anyone could fabricate! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Well I follow the word of God not peter

Allah SWT said:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful."

So you're quoting Muhammad to authenticate Muhammad!
Is that not hilarious? cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I will be could be Zeus, Jupiter,Hermes, Artemis, Ṣàngó, Ọ̀rúnmìlà, Ọ̀sayìn, Okija, Ayelala as in anything after all the one who said so never mentioned any other nation in connection with His Covenant apart from Israel!

So if you want to Interpret the Bible think before you do because i will be what i will be has a meaning otherwise it could be anything anyone could fabricate! smiley
Then let him be what he will be atleast he can also be God Almighty.

You are only ignorant

Allah SWT said:

"And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. And leave [the company of] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 180)

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names. And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 110)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So you're quoting Muhammad to authenticate Muhammad!
Is that not hilarious? cheesy
I quoted Allah not Muhammad
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by AntiChristian: 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2021
nencounter10:

Jesus Christ called God his God sever times in scripture. It is perfectly scriptural. He said it on the cross, he said it to matter after his resurrection. He said it several times in revelation. It may not make sense to you , it makes perfect sense to christians. God the Father is his father and also his God. It you don't believe it, it means absolutely nothing. Who cares if a Muslim does not believe a Bible fact is a Bible fact. Absolutely no one.Job done zero .

Visit the thread whose link I gave you to get answers to your questions. If you believe them, good. If you don't believe them, it means absolutely nothing.

Have a nice day.

Modified:
Relevant scriptures:

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Of cos anything will make perfect sense to you guys!

Jesus is God
Yahweh is God
Jesus is son of God
Yahweh is God the father
Mary is mother of God
Joseph is the adoptive father of God.
David was an ancestor of God.
lipsrsealed

Have a nice day too!
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
I quoted Allah not Muhammad

To me everything WRITTEN in that book Qur'an is Muhammad's own thoughts!

The Bible is a collection of 66 little books written by 40 different men most of them never lived at the same time so they don't know themselves. But Muhammad is the alpha and omega of the Qur'an so everything in that book stems from his own idea.

The true God JEHOVAH said "at the mouth of at least two Witnesses a matter should be established" {Deuteronomy 19:15} the Bible has 40 different Witnesses testifying that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob dealt only with the Israelites!

Sorry only Muhammad is the witness of your Qur'an so his book is not tenable before real intellectuals! undecided
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

To me everything WRITTEN in that book Qur'an is Muhammad's own thoughts!

The Bible is a collection of 66 little books written by 40 different men most of them never lived at the same time so they don't know themselves. But Muhammad is the alpha and omega of the Qur'an so everything in that book stems from his own idea.

The true God JEHOVAH said "at the mouth of at least two Witnesses a matter should be established" {Deuteronomy 19:15} the Bible has 40 different Witnesses testifying that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob dealt only with the Israelites!

Sorry only Muhammad is the witness of your Qur'an so his book is not tenable before real intellectuals! undecided
John 14

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever--

17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

Jesus certainly told you of him you just didnt notice

Allah SWT said:

"The Trustworthy Spirit has brought it down"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 193)

"Upon your heart, [O Muhammad] - that you may be of the warners -"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 194)

"And indeed, it is [mentioned] in the scriptures of former peoples."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 196)

"And has it not been a sign to them that it is recognized by the scholars of the Children of Israel?"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 197)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
John 14

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever--

17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

Jesus certainly told you of him you just didnt notice

Allah SWT said:

"The Trustworthy Spirit has brought it down"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 193)

"Upon your heart, [O Muhammad] - that you may be of the warners -"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 194)

"And indeed, it is [mentioned] in the scriptures of former peoples."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 196)

"And has it not been a sign to them that it is recognized by the scholars of the Children of Israel?"
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 197)

The highlighted!
Is Muhammad still alive today? smiley
When i was still practicing Islam i remember my late uncle's most favourite song:

"Tí a bá fojú k'Ànábì kí la ó ti ṣe? ~ àwa ó máa jo àwa ó máa yọ̀ ni"

Loosely translated

"If we should see Muhammad now what will we be doing? ~the celebration won't end"

Why this song? Because Muhammad is dead as in DEAD! So think before quoting the Bible to support falsehood! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted!
Is Muhammad still alive today? smiley
When i was still practicing Islam i remember my uncle's most favourite song:

"Tí a bá fojú k'Ànábì kí la ó ti ṣe? ~ àwa ó máa jo àwa ó máa yọ̀ ni"

Loosely translated

"If we should see Muhammad now what will we be doing? ~the celebration won't end"

Why this song? Because Muhammad is dead as in DEAD! So think before quoting the Bible to support falsehood! smiley
Calm yourself down

Let's start you certainly know that holy spirit had been in existence (around) before Jesus came to earth.
Psalm 51
11 Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.

Isaiah 63
10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; therefore He turned to become their enemy and Himself fought against them.

John 20
22 And having said this, He breathed on them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit!

Luke 12
12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour and moment what [you] ought to say.

Luke 2
25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout [cautiously and carefully observing the divine Law], and looking for the Consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.

Now Jesus said if he does not leave the comforter will not come whereas holy spirit had been in existence residing in beleivers. HE (Father) is already residing in beleivers of Jesus.

John 16
7 However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you but if I go away, I will send Him to you.

Now Let's ask ourselves who is this spirit of truth is it actually the holy spirit. The holy spirit had already been around during Jesus time. The Father is already abiding with beleivers hence the reason the disciples of Jesus were able to cast out demons and do miracles.

Is the comforter Prophet Muhammad or the Holy spirit

Let's check the initial verse I posted

John 14

Key: He means Father (Holyspirit)
Another Comforter (Prophet Muhammad)

So it was not prophet Muhammad that was suppose to abide with Beleivers forever but HE the father.

He remains with you forever means (Incase humans transgress the comforter can come and remind them of where they have gone wrong so that God can be with them forever)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2021
Well done! cheesy
So who exactly is Jesus talking about, Muhammad or Holy Spirit? cheesy

haekymbahdx:
Calm yourself down
Let's start you certainly know that holy spirit had been in existence (around) before Jesus came to earth.
Psalm 51
11 Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.
Isaiah 63
10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; therefore He turned to become their enemy and Himself fought against them.
John 20
22 And having said this, He breathed on them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit!
Luke 12
12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour and moment what [you] ought to say.
Luke 2
25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was righteous and devout [cautiously and carefully observing the divine Law], and looking for the Consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
Now Jesus said if he does not leave the comforter will not come whereas holy spirit had been in existence residing in beleivers. HE (Father) is already residing in beleivers of Jesus.
John 16
7 However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].
Now Let's ask ourselves who is this spirit of truth is it actually the holy spirit. The holy spirit had already been around during Jesus time. The Father is already abiding with beleivers hence the reason the disciples of Jesus were able to cast out demons and do miracles.
Is the comforter Prophet Muhammad or the Holy spirit
Let's check the initial verse I posted
John 14
Key: He means Father (Holyspirit)
Another Comforter (Prophet Muhammad)
So it was not prophet Muhammad that was suppose to abide with Beleivers forever but HE the father.
He remains with you forever means (Incase humans transgress the comforter can come and remind them of where they have gone wrong so that God can be with them forever)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well done! cheesy
So who exactly is Jesus talking about, Muhammad or Holy Spirit? cheesy

Well what do you think
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Well what do you think
Jesus said the "spirit of truth" Muhammad brought another book which contradicts what Jesus taught his disciples and how many witnesses does Muhammad's book had?
Just one, and that's Muhammad himself!
So according to God's word Muhammad is a LIAR, because what he brought has only one witness whereas God's word said truth should be established at the mouth of at least two Witnesses! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus said the "spirit of truth" Muhammad brought another book which contradicts what Jesus taught his disciples and how many witnesses does Muhammad's book had?
Just one, and that's Muhammad himself!
So according to God's word Muhammad is a LIAR, because what he brought has only one witness whereas God's word said truth should be established at the mouth of at least two Witnesses! smiley
He said the spirit of truth will guide to all truth..

You said truth should be established at the mouth of two witnesses

Allah SWT said:

Muhammad was witnesed both in Torah and Gospel is the 2 witnesses not enough
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
haekymbahdx:
He said the spirit of truth will guide to all truth..
You said truth should be established at the mouth of two witnesses
The audience Jesus was addressing knew that TRUTH is to be established at the mouth of at least two Witnesses. So when Jesus said "the spirit of TRUTH" his audience knew that whatever comes from such a spirit must have at least TWO WITNESSES!
Muhammad was born 536 years after Jesus said that when all Jesus' disciples (audience) were no more.
So how on earth do you think any right thinking person will correlate what Jesus said some 500 ago to appear in Saudi Arabia only for the so called whatsoever to bring another REVELATION with just one witness?
My friend, the Arabs might fool some people sometime but they can't fool all the people all the time! smiley

Allah SWT said:
Muhammad was witnesed both in Torah and Gospel is the 2 witnesses not enough
There was nothing like the name Muhammad in the Bible but it was boldy WRITTEN in his own book (Qur'an) so he was an IMPOSTOR and a LIAR! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 3:40am On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There was nothing like the name Muhammad in the Bible but it was boldy WRITTEN in his own book (Qur'an) so he was an IMPOSTOR and a LIAR! smiley

Isaiah 29

9 Stop and wonder [at this prophecy, if you choose, whether you understand it or not; soon you will witness the actual event] and be confounded [reluctantly]! Blind yourselves [now, if you choose; take your pleasure] and then be blinded [at the actual occurrence]. They are drunk, but not from wine; they stagger, but not from strong drink [but from spiritual stupor].

10For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled.

11And the vision of all this has become for you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot, for it is sealed.

12And when the book is given to him who is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot read.

13 And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition [without any thought as to the meaning],

14Therefore, behold! I will again do marvelous things with this people, marvelous and astonishing things; and the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the understanding of their discerning men will vanish or be hidden.

Key:

Verse 12: Not learned: prophet Muhammad was unlettered an illerate who couldn't read nor write.

Verse 13: The Arab world already knew word Allah means God. But they worship God with mouth and not heart because they worship based on commandments of men (idol worshiping)

Verse 14: Allah said he will do mighty things again. That means he had done something already for them but stoped. Both Ishmael and Abraham built Khaaba which they turn to shrine where they worship. Muhammad had to reclaim it for worship of God.

Allah SWT said:

You don't have to beleive in Allah. Prophet Muhammad was only sent to warn Mankind that there is only one God. Either you reject or accept it doesn't stop Allah from being God.

Allah SWT said:

"This [Qur'an] is notification for the people that they may be warned thereby and that they may know that He is but one God and that those of understanding will be reminded."
(QS. Ibrahim 14: Verse 52)

"If you disbelieve - indeed, Allah is Free from need of you. And He does not approve for His servants disbelief. And if you are grateful, He approves it for you; and no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, and He will inform you about what you used to do. Indeed, He is Knowing of that within the breasts."
(QS. Az-Zumar 39: Verse 7)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03am On Aug 27, 2021
haekymbahdx:

Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com
The TRUTH is that any religious sect can pick up the Bible and start misconstruing the letters to fit into their own beliefs, that's why there are thousands of different sects claiming they're related to the Abrahamic faith.
So how do we distinguish between the truth and falsehood?
The first thing to note is God's purpose before calling out Abraham from among his family, after ascertaining God's purpose then look around you and ask yourself: which of all the religious groups on this planet is fulfilling that purpose today?
Nepotism will only blind you from seeing the TRUTH so first of all prepare your mind for surprises because your own father and mother may be part of the enemies of TRUTH.
Once you're bent on supporting your parent's religion then you've lost it!
Before God called Abraham out of Ur people globally do worship even Abraham's father and mother also were worshipers of the God (Gods) everyone in that city worships so why did God call out Abraham from that city?
The purpose was because the true God wants to introduce Himself to Abraham {Genesis 12:1-3} definitely what others (including Abraham's families worshiped) is not that same God who called him! smiley

Today we have thousands of sects claiming they are worshipers of the God of Abraham.
So which of all these groups are fulfilling the purpose for which God called Abraham?

Islam is a CURSE on humanity. How? Because God never called out Abraham with the purpose of forcing pure worship down the throat of everyone otherwise there's no reason calling out the man, God could have started the jihad right there by instructing Abraham to kill the pagans around him.
The purpose was for Abraham and his wife Sarah to serve as a means of salvation for the entire human race. So when Abraham's wife bore a son God established His covenant with Isaac (Sarah's son) the Covenant supposed to be passed on to Isaac's son but Isaac had two sons so God passed on the covenant to the one who values it (Jacob)
How will the covenant workout for the benefit of mankind?
Jacob's descendants must settle in one small portion of the earth and the true God will establish His pure worship with them until the Christ (Saviour) come who will TEACH the Israelites how to bring other nations into the fold to be blessed! Deuteronomy 18:15-19

So the purpose why the true God called out Abraham is because the SEED God spoke about in the garden of Eden {Genesis 3:15} will be born through a holy nation and that nation must be prepared for his arrival, that's what God called Abraham for otherwise there's no reason for any calling if Abraham himself is not the SEED.

This SEED will train the prepaid people how to PREACH and TEACH other nations throughout the earth what we must do to return to Paradise: the earthly condition where God put Adam and Eve in the beginning not heaven! So get this right that any religion teaching their members about heaven as the goal for which God called Abraham is FAKE!

All the prophets you are quoting confirmed that earth is where God purposed for faithful people to live forever (not heaven) Psalm 37:9-11, 29; 67:6-7; Isaiah 25:8; 33:24; 65:21-25

So the Christ (last prophet through whom this purpose will be fulfilled) must prove to be a:
©Wonderful Counselor better than Solomon.
©Mighty God better than Moses.
©Everlasting Father better than Adam.
©Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6-7

His mission will unite all the people under pure worship so that they will all learn how to live as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

His GROUP must prove to be totally free from all the deceptive devices of Satan whose intention is for people to destroy themselves {John 8:44} that's why Jesus' disciples are no part of the world's political system! John 15:19; 17:14; 18:36

So my friend if you carefully observe all these you will realize that Islam is FAKE because Islam is not free from the political affairs of the world that's why your religion has become a CURSE to humanity.
Can't you see how Muslims are killing (not only Christians and other religionists) but Muslims who supposed to be their brothers in the same FAITH! embarassed
So of what benefit is your religion when your brothers in FAITH are KILLING one another?
There are thousands of FALSE religious sects throughout the earth but Islam has become the worstest of them all!
HOW? Because while others are becoming enlightened on how to handle Politics with care for their fellowman Islam has become a easy tool in the hands of Politicians to perpetrate evil globally! undecided
That's not the purpose why God called Abraham out Sir so before you can PREACH anything reasonable about Muhammad, Allah or Qur'an your religion supposed to be cleansed from all the troubles it's causing throughout the earth! Revelations 6:3-4

Thank you my friend! smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 6:05am On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The audience Jesus was addressing knew that TRUTH is to be established at the mouth of at least two Witnesses. So when Jesus said "the spirit of TRUTH" his audience knew that whatever comes from such a spirit must have at least TWO WITNESSES!
Muhammad was born 536 years after Jesus said that when all Jesus' disciples (audience) were no more.
So how on earth do you think any right thinking person will correlate what Jesus said some 500 ago to appear in Saudi Arabia only for the so called whatsoever to bring another REVELATION with just one witness?
My friend, the Arabs might fool some people sometime but they can't fool all the people all the time! smiley
Now ask yourself this question has the Holyspirit which came on the day of Pentecost really guided christians to all truth or divided them. What truth have you known since Jesus was raised up..

Some people truth is that Jesus is God

Your truth is that Jehovah is God yet you read the same bible
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:29am On Aug 27, 2021
haekymbahdx:
Now ask yourself this question has the Holyspirit which came on the day of Pentecost really guided christians to all truth or divided them. What truth have you known since Jesus was raised up..
Some people truth is that Jesus is God
Your truth is that Jehovah is God yet you read the same bible

You need to be more intelligent before you can get the sense of what is happening!

Now let's enlighten ourselves.
You read the same Bible just like all those people you're trying to blame now.
So where is the problem hiding from your sight?

Each sect has their own prophet that's Interpreting what the Bible say to them!
Muhammad Interpreted and added his own just as thousands of other sects has their prophets (founders) who also interpreted and added their own to what the Bible says.
So don't let them deceive you with whatever name they give their group!
Whether you call yourself Christian or Muslim the fact still remains that you're Interpreting what Jesus said through the lense Muhammad gave you just like MFM, CAC, Catholic, RCCG, WINNER, Guru Maharaj and all others are using the lenses of their prophets (founders)

That's why i told you from the beginning that Charles Taze Russell is not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses otherwise we would also have continue to use the lenses he left!

So wise up my friend, you are also a Christian (but FAKE) according to the logic because you're quoting Jesus from the perspective of Muhammad your own founder just like Deeperlife is quoting Jesus from the perspective of Kumuyi, Cele Is quoting Jesus from the perspective of Oshofa, members of the new life are quoting Jesus from the perspective of Guru Maharaj there's no difference so don't let the names of their group deceive you it's by their FRUITS you will know where they truly belongs not what they call themselves! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 6:37am On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Islam is a CURSE on humanity. How? Because God never called out Abraham with the purpose of forcing pure worship down the throat of everyone otherwise there's no reason calling out the man, God could have started the jihad right there by instructing Abraham to kill the pagans around him.
)
You need to be honest with yourself, for me I am being honest.

Jehovah destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, wiped out unbelievers with flood during Noah's era, Ordered Moses to kill, Ordered Samuel to kill...

God purpose was for pure worship be honest with yourself no sentiment

Deuteronomy 13
1 IF A prophet arises among you, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder he foretells to you comes to pass, and if he says, Let us go after other gods--gods you have not known--and let us serve them,

3 You shall not listen to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being.

4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and [reverently] fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and cling to Him.

5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has talked rebellion and turning away from the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you out of the house of bondage; that man has tried to draw you aside from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So shall you put the evil away from your midst.

6 If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own life entices you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods--gods you have not known, you nor your fathers,

7Of the gods of the peoples who are round about you, near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other--

8You shall not give consent to him or listen to him; nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him.

9But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hands of all the people.

10And you shall stone him to death with stones, because he has tried to draw you away from the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Don't blame other religions and segregate yours be honest what does Jehova want..
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahdx: 6:44am On Aug 27, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You need to be more intelligent before you can get the sense of what is happening!

Now let's enlighten ourselves.
You read the same Bible just like all those people you're trying to blame now.
So where is the problem hiding from your sight?

Each sect has their own prophet that's Interpreting what the Bible say to them!
Muhammad Interpreted and added his own just as thousands of other sects has their prophets (founders) who also interpreted and added their own to what the Bible says.
So don't let them deceive you with whatever name they give their group!
Whether you call yourself Christian or Muslim the fact still remains that you're Interpreting what Jesus said through the lense Muhammad gave you just like MFM, CAC, Catholic, RCCG, WINNER, Guru Maharaj and all others are using the lenses of their prophets (founders)

That's why i told you from the beginning that Charles Taze Russell is not the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses otherwise we would also have continue to use the lenses he left!

So wise up my friend, you are also a Christian (but FAKE) according to the logic because you're quoting Jesus from the perspective of Muhammad your own founder just like Deeperlife is quoting Jesus from the perspective of Kumuyi, Cele Is quoting Jesus from the perspective of Oshofa, members of the new life are quoting Jesus from the perspective of Guru Maharaj there's no difference so don't let the names of their group deceive you it's by their FRUITS you will know where they truly belongs not what they call themselves! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Jesus said the spirit of truth will guide to all truth.

can you mention the truth the holy spirit has told you.

Jesus said he has so many things to say but ye cannot bear them now what were the things you've learnt from the Holyspirit apart from what Jesus had said himself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between ‘christ In You’ And ‘you In Christ’? / Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? / Some Of The Yoruba Names That May Be Against The Book Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.