Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) (1405 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / One Week Old Tokumbo Car With Engine Problem Please Help / Ghanaian Slay Queen Dances Violently To Celebrate Her Newly Acquired Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2021
shocked

I bought this Toyota Sienna recently. While doing total cleaning and floor/ carpet maintenance, we found the coins (pictured) totalling 23 Cents and 1Dime (US).

I know the money is too small, please what do you suggest I do with it?

How I wish it was a much bigger amount of money.

What's your take? Have you had a similar experience? Have you found something more meaningful when you purchased a foreign used item or car?

Please share your experience let's rejoice with you.

Cc. Marpol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Driggs: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2021
In the year 3021, museums will be looking for cents to keep as history.. your great grandchildren will sell the ones you kept for 2 trillion dollars each.

But as you wan use am chop indomie now.. I don't know for you oo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2021
Driggs:
In the year 3021, museums will be looking for cents to keep as history.. your great grandchildren will sell the ones you kept for 2 trillion dollars each.

Funny guy grin grin grin

Christ go come before then bros

1 Like

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by gasparpisciotta: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2021
Once found similar coins, tons of half smoked cigarettes, first aid box with complete accessories, gloves, and compact discs.

The car interior fabric was so badly burnt by cigarettes that the person I bought it for rejected the vehicle and I had to replace the car.

I also once found a work overall and boots in the trunk of another one.

Keep the coins. Aboki will offer peanuts since it’s not up to a dollar.

1 Like

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

The car interior fabric was so badly burnt by cigarettes that the person I bought it for rejected the vehicle and I had to replace the car.

Seriously?

So how did you go about the car later on?
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by gasparpisciotta: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2021
Rikze:

Seriously?

So how did you go about the car later on?

The lady rejected the car even when I offered to replace the fabric.

I sold the car to a guy.
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

The lady rejected the car even when I offered to replace the fabric.

I sold the car to a guy.

That's fair!

1 Like

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by holocron: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2021
Most tokunbo cars have those coins. When they buy new cars, Oyibos sprinkle the coins into the car for good luck. That's their own form of superstition or their own way of dedicating the car.

The coins are practically worthless. Just leave them as you met them. Consider them a part of the vehicle.
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2021
holocron:
Most tokunbo cars have those coins. When they buy new cars, Oyibos sprinkle the coins into the car for good luck. That's their own form of superstition or their own way of dedicating the car.

shocked

I'm hearing this for the first time. Can someone corroborate or clarify?

I feel those coins fell into little space from the hands of car users or lil children while riding in the car and as a result they went missing. Most were seen underneath the carpet and in-betweens.

Cc. Marpol

3 Likes

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by yanabasee2: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2021
People that buys Nigerian used cars will not contribute to this thread ..

So I will just..... Move my bench to the last roll and be reading comments..... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by paschal47(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2021
Bro get a bowl
Drop coins into the bowl
Get an A.boki to help you stand at the junction
He'll do account for you every night

Congratulations, you're an employer of labour
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Bigdre31: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2021
I once found 100 USD then ,
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
yanabasee2:
People that buys Nigerian used cars will not contribute to this thread ..

So I will just..... Move my bench to the last roll and be reading comments..... cheesy

Hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
paschal47:
Bro get a bowl
Drop coins into the bowl
Get an A.boki to help you stand at the junction
He'll do account for you every night

Congratulations, you're an employer of labour

Na wa for you ooo.
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Rikze: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
Bigdre31:
I once found 100 USD then ,

Wow! Was it of high value then? How much did you change it into?
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by lagusboyyy(m): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
Cigar in a 2006 bmw 5 series.
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Depressed101: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
Rikze:
shocked

I bought this Toyota Sienna recently. While doing total cleaning and floor/ carpet maintenance, we found the coins (pictured) totalling 23 Cents and 1Dime (US).

I know the money is too small, please what do you suggest I do with it?

How I wish it was a much bigger amount of money.

What's your take? Have you had a similar experience? Have you found something more meaningful when you purchased a foreign used item or car?

Please share your experience let's rejoice with you.

Cc. Marpol

it's actually worth something (if it's not worth already, try to find how old it is) more if you keep it for 10upwards.. Vintage coin collectors will come for it
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Depressed101: 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
Rikze:

shocked

I'm hearing this for the first time. Can someone corroborate or clarify?

I feel those coins fell into little space from the hands of car users or lil children while riding in the car and as a result they went missing. Most were seen underneath the carpet and in-betweens.

Cc. Marpol
it's called car coining
Re: See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) by Saframafraja: 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
Driggs:

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Registered But Barely Driven Volvo S80 T6 For Sale 07030843024 / What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? / Honda E.o.d, Toyota Camry 01 And Nissan Xterra 01 Which Is More Economical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.