Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? (1394 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by ndidibabe(f): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
While driving to work this morning, i saw a dead man on the brt lane of the Maryland/Yaba road. Probably, he was hit by a driver. I think the driver should have tried to rescue him and if dead, should have taken the dead body to the police station but my friend who was in the car with me thinks otherwise. She feels that the way most pedestrian cross the highway is absurd and that the driver might not be at fault. If the latter is the case, she thinks the innocent driver might be punish unjustly by the police since there were no cameras monitoring the incident. Somehow, i tend to agree with her but how easy is it to kill someone and run away? What is your opinion?
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by ndidibabe(f): 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
ndidibabe: While driving to work this morning, i saw a dead man on the brt lane of the Maryland/Yaba road. Probably, he was hit by a driver. I think the driver should have tried to rescue him and if dead, should have taken the dead body to the police station but my friend who was in the car with me thinks otherwise. She feels that the way most pedestrian cross the highway is absurd and that the driver might not be at fault. If the latter is the case, she thinks the innocent driver might be punish unjustly by the police since there were no cameras monitoring the incident. Somehow, i tend to agree with her but how easy is it to kill someone and run away? What is your opinion?
Moderator, please move this topic to the appropriate section. I can't find the crime section which i think is more appropriate.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by ndidibabe(f): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2012
Moderator, please move this topic to the appropriate section. Everyone here seems to be interested in buying or selling cars. I am eager to see a response on this topic.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by Day169: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2012
Cant say what I'd do in d heat of d moment. Whether the animal instinct to run away or to do the humane would override? Cant tell. We live in "absurdia" (Nigeria) U know. ..
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by Digriz(m): 9:34am On Jun 03, 2012
Tough decision really, i hv witnessed where a driver tried to rescue d victim he hit and he regreted hs action afterward bcus he was beaten to a pulp and hs vehicle burnt.
My decision wl depend on the area it happened and d circumstance,naija is a tough country.
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by ndidibabe(f): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2012
I feel you guys. I used to think i will wait under such circumstance but now, i really can't say.
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by trisurface: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
U shld wait and help.
If U can leave without looking back, then there are deeper problems with you.
Would U leave if it turned out to be someone U know? a kid maybe? wearing the same school uniform as your child?
would ya?

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by mxxpunkxx: 1:47am On Jun 04, 2012
if u wait, u're toast . . dats 2 victims . .
so u gotta run, that makes just 1 victim

lol
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by gulfer: 7:25am On Jun 04, 2012
ndidibabe: While driving to work this morning, i saw a dead man on the brt lane of the Maryland/Yaba road. Probably, he was hit by a driver. I think the driver should have tried to rescue him and if dead, should have taken the dead body to the police station but my friend who was in the car with me thinks otherwise. She feels that the way most pedestrian cross the highway is absurd and that the driver might not be at fault. If the latter is the case, she thinks the innocent driver might be punish unjustly by the police since there were no cameras monitoring the incident. Somehow, i tend to agree with her but how easy is it to kill someone and run away? What is your opinion?
Your friend has spoken wisely, listen to the voice of WISDOM.
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by bigx(m): 6:04am On Jul 10, 2012
mxxpunkxx: if u wait, u're toast . . dats 2 victims . .
so u gotta run, that makes just 1 victim

lol

Perfectly said, the bad belle-ism in this country has taken another dimension, u might get lynched for even accidentally brushing someone with ur car.
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by uwemjack(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
My friend once hit a girl in school uniform, the road was free and there was no one around, he was afraid that he had killed her, but he went back all the same lucky for him she was not dead. He carried her to a hospital and spent just 2k, she was discharged same day. If he had not turn back, his concience will forever call him a murderer.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by Fhemmmy: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
I will faint, but i pray e no happen sha
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by maclatunji: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2012
I seriously don't know and I don't want to know too.
Re: What Will You Do If You Kill Someone With Your Car And No One Is Watching? by GarbaAudu: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
Wayyo Allah! That will be a terrible palava. I can imagine the picture- blood, horror... The best I can do is to call my brother/ siblings & informed him about the unfortunate incident, & then proceed to the nearest police station. May we never experience this nasty tragedy.

(1) (Reply)

Advise pls:Naija Used 2003 Camry or Tokumbo 2001 406 / $50 BMW 3/5 Series Remote Key YH 315MHZ/433MHZ/868MHZ / Ten Of The Most Expensive Cars In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.