Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1182891 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2022
ukay2:

Your NIN should be at the back of your BRP if your on skilled workers visa
Not in all cases.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2022
Olinga:
Thank you. So does it mean as far as I do not withdraw my money (other than to buy a house) I won't pay back the 25%?

I think you will pay back after 5 years of buying the house...it's not a free money, just to help you buy your FIRST house
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2022
dustydee:

Yes the fee isn't much. I was just greedy and wanted a little more and now I am a bit apprehensive.
Binanace is likely to pass your details to HMRC for tax purposes though, so set some funds aside for tax. wink

grin this one na you can’t eat your cake and have it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gorgeousqueen: 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2022
ukay2:

I think you will pay back after 5 years of buying the house...it's not a free money, just to help you buy your FIRST house

There is no place in the government website where it is stated you would pay back after some years. The only time you would be charged is if you do not use it in buying your first home or withdrawing before 12 months.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Thanks

Ticha:

Autotrader is quite good as well
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 11:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
Boot has all the ranges in stock smiley

Or directly on Laroche website Uk. Free samples on every order above £35.

https://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/

captainhoo:

It is worth the hype. The baume/balm is thicker than the lait/lotion ( this is different from the lotion with urea sold by boots). The lipikar lotion is sold on amazon( the twin pack is more cost effective) and pharmeden. Co. Uk as well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
What you are talking about is help to buy equity loan and not LISA and it is even a maximum of 20% not %25.

ukay2:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2022
In addition to all the have been said, try to max out your £4k allowance if you can before April 5th, that way you get to earn the bonus for 2 tax years within a calendar year. If you are buying with someone get the person to do the same and you both make £4k between you in one calendar year.

Olinga:
Thank you so much joining money box too��

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
jimpix11:

I had to provide ALL evidences from where funds came from, conversations on binance, receipts, screenshots of trades, e.t.c. and purpose of the funds... Basically I needed a trailer load of evidences.
That must have been hard. Did you involve a solicitor?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 1:30am On Jan 08, 2022
What's the advantage of using the p2p over direct trading? Never really understood the hassle of p2p trading. Monzo, revolutionary even halifax are okay with binance from personal experience (ps I'm not a heavy user)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 1:33am On Jan 08, 2022
Chalo147:
Please which airline did you use?
Want to be sure I don’t need to do the covid pcr before departure from MMA to Uk with a lay over flight like Qatar airways or Egypt?
I believe a direct flight don’t need to do the covid pcr test before departure
Thank you

If you've been vaccinated you don't need to for direct flights BA and virgin
For others you'll need to check their individual requirements as you'll be 'entering' their country or be in contact with other passengers entering the country
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 1:50am On Jan 08, 2022
captainhoo:

It has been mentioned here that one cannot practise nursing with only Masters in nursing (the first degree must be in nursing too).
Just to let you know

I actually know 4 people who got admission to study Nursing. 3 of them studied art or business courses and no they didn't have any experience or a first class or 2.1

I also never mentioned my background
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 1:50am On Jan 08, 2022
Dbiks:
Hello house pls anyone staying in borehamwood here.

How easy and cheap is it to get to Archway.

I am thinking if I can get accomodation in borehamwood and my work is at Whittington hospital in North London which is few meters from Archway....

Or where can I get a fair accommodation for me and my wife around this axis....

Pls London people help your guy o....

It should be between 30-1hr by rail or a combination of bus and rail. Travelcard zones 3-6.

You can always use tfl journey planner to check commuting times and routes
https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by abubarakat: 2:25am On Jan 08, 2022
Nah, you are not paying nada back on Lifetime ISA if use the money to buy your first home.

I think you are confusing it with Help to buy.

ukay2:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 2:29am On Jan 08, 2022
My people
We are not talking about the health and care worker's visa

Has it launched?
I can't seem to find official news that people can now aoplyy
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/biggest-visa-boost-for-social-care-as-health-and-care-visa-scheme-expanded
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 3:02am On Jan 08, 2022
canadaishome:
My people
We are not talking about the health and care worker's visa

Has it launched?
I can't seem to find official news that people can now aoplyy
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/biggest-visa-boost-for-social-care-as-health-and-care-visa-scheme-expanded

The temporary measures are expected to come into effect early next year and will be in place for a minimum of 12 months, providing a much-needed staffing boost while the sector deals with the additional pressures of the pandemic, at which point they will be reviewed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 3:08am On Jan 08, 2022
Preshyi:
Hi guys,
I have read here about the care sponsorship route but not sure how someone already in the system can get sponsorship via care. I came in last year via student Visa but currently working in a healthcare facility as a support worker. I have already seen online that my Company is on the list of organisations that can offer sponsorship but dont know if I qualify as I cant see specific eligibility requirement. Will appreciate any information on this.

Try as much as possible to get all the training and certification that comes with your role whilst on the job, approach the HR about sponsorship or get in touch with other employers about sponsorship when they put out advert for senior roles

That's if you really want to be in that sector.
Don't forget your school work!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 3:44am On Jan 08, 2022
DisGuy:
What's the advantage of using the p2p over direct trading? Never really understood the hassle of p2p trading. Monzo, revolutionary even halifax are okay with binance from personal experience (ps I'm not a heavy user)

For me I started using it when I got to the UK 2020 December. Then there were so many different news about UK government not being ok with crypto and all that. So the safest way to avoid bank and government story was to use p2p as I didn’t want to link my bank card to binance in any way. But for Naija then, I use direct deposit as it was easy and I avoided story of where the person sending to your account got the money from.

Also p2p adds extra money to the exchange rate as it is mainly black market rate. And you get people offering different rates.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:34am On Jan 08, 2022
Dbiks:
Hello house pls anyone staying in borehamwood here.

How easy and cheap is it to get to Archway.

I am thinking if I can get accomodation in borehamwood and my work is at Whittington hospital in North London which is few meters from Archway....

Or where can I get a fair accommodation for me and my wife around this axis....

Pls London people help your guy o....

Holloway road, Hackney, frindsbury park axis, look at other surrounding areas.........

Some of your colleagues would be landlords, having properties to rent, and would advertise on notice boards, on varying wards + information boards (keep your eyes peeled).........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Xanderlex: 5:52am On Jan 08, 2022
midasfx:

I'm on Tier 4 dependent visa.
Check the back of your brp. It is there. Mine was too.
You would see it under remarks after the NO PUBLIC FUNDS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amakaoyekachi1: 6:02am On Jan 08, 2022
Hello everyone, I am in dire need of an accommodation in Glasgow preferably shared apartment . Single lady with no dependents.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 7:10am On Jan 08, 2022
Amakaoyekachi1:
Hello everyone, I am in dire need of an accommodation in Glasgow preferably shared apartment . Single lady with no dependents.

Spareroom.co.uk
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amazoner01: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2022
Sirs and Mas, any one process and got PTA within the last few weeks. I’d like to know the processes and the time it takes to process it. Thanks as I await your response bosses.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Icesnow(f): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2022
captainhoo:

It has been mentioned here that one cannot practise nursing with only Masters in nursing (the first degree must be in nursing too).
Just to let you know
I'm hearing this for the first time. Can anyone please confirm this statement?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Newbie123: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2022
Icesnow:
I'm hearing this for the first time. Can anyone please confirm this statement?

Not true
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SirWellington(m): 9:21am On Jan 08, 2022
captainhoo:

Just to let you know

Who told you this? this is FALSE!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SirWellington(m): 9:22am On Jan 08, 2022
O boy! Newcastle is freaking COLD!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2022
Gorgeousqueen:

There is no place in the government website where it is stated you would pay back after some years. The only time you would be charged is if you do not use it in buying your first home or withdrawing before 12 months.

Thanks.

Its good for first time buyer be dat
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 9:37am On Jan 08, 2022
Estroller:
What you are talking about is help to buy equity loan and not LISA and it is even a maximum of 20% not %25.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2022
abubarakat:
Nah, you are not paying nada back on Lifetime ISA if use the money to buy your first home.

I think you are confusing it with Help to buy.

Thanks for your clarification.

I am already making provisions to pay back to government. So LISA makes sense then

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Jan 08, 2022
SirWellington:
O boy! Newcastle is freaking COLD!

The cold never start sef........ grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 10:41am On Jan 08, 2022
Amazoner01:
Sirs and Mas, any one process and got PTA within the last few weeks. I’d like to know the processes and the time it takes to process it. Thanks as I await your response bosses.

I did around December end. You will start by uploading passport, vignette/visa and travel tickets (including return) on CBN online platform within 2 Wks to travel date.

The documents should be in pdf and small sizes (megabytes). If everything is well done, you will receive a code in your registered email that you will take (including hard documents of all you loaded) to your bank to complete the process.

Some banks will take 1-2days to complete the process (getting the PTA) while some banks may tell you of long queue. You are free to ask the bank first how long it will take and can try more than one bank.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.