Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1192826 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Clakyvip:
Anyone in Norwich?

I used to live near Norwich. I call it my 2nd UK hometown grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
congressman101:
Try anywhereworks.com for remote jobs
Thank me later

smiley

Do you have an idea how much they pay?

I just submitted my cv
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
My brother n sisters. Pls I have neva seen what is hard like looking for placement here. I just got the last rejection mail after final assessment that broke my camel back . I have a one year extra placement visa after my Msc Data Science ends in September 2022, now I fear my school will write home office to curtail my placement visa if I can not secure placement. I really need that extra year visa to enable me catch up with perfecting my advance python for machine learning and other program as well as give my wife time to find her footing here. Pls any idea on how to get a volunteer role no salary job that will be willing to give me placement offer.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
amanze54:
My brother n sisters. Pls I have neva seen what is hard like looking for placement here. I just got the last rejection mail after final assessment that broke my camel back . I have a one year extra placement visa after my Msc Data Science ends in September 2022, now I fear my school will write home office to curtail my placement visa if I can not secure placement. I really need that extra year visa to enable me catch up with perfecting my advance python for machine learning and other program as well as give my wife time to find her footing here. Pls any idea on how to get a volunteer role no salary job that will be willing to give me placement offer.

The Uni Sef is supposed to help you with getting a placement! I’m sure they promised all sorts, now it has entered voice mail! Wo, if they have a careers or placement department write them very frequently for help! Don’t allow them to use and dump. Funny people
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 3:51am On Apr 01, 2022
nicerichard05:
Pls house can a dependant register a company in the UK

Yes.
Even non-resident foreigners do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sharone21(f): 4:18am On Apr 01, 2022
Hi. Please, is there anything like an exchange or individual who can accept transfer of Naira to his/her bank account and give pounds in exchange?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:36am On Apr 01, 2022
Whenever you hear the chorus...... ' We WILL we WILL ROCK you ........

We know they saw the future ........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:38am On Apr 01, 2022
sharone21:
Hi. Please, is there anything like an exchange or individual who can accept transfer of Naira to his/her bank account and give pounds in exchange?

This is what is usually conducted by Aboki's on this thread .......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:42am On Apr 01, 2022
nicerichard05:

For student visa
The main applicant while may be able to register, he or she is not allowed to start a business, undertake business-related activity or be self-employed..... the dependent i am guessing because is allowed to do most work can register or start a business. Although I am not 100 percent sure if dependent are allowed but main applicant that for sure not allowed to run one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 5:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Someone used my referral link and I got ten pounds. I'm sure you got yours too
Thank you o
In case anyone else wants,

See below

I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/EZje

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 6:18am On Apr 01, 2022
nicerichard05:

Yes.

Companies House and
Quick books are your friends

You need to pay tax oh. Don't let it accumulate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oggg: 6:35am On Apr 01, 2022
sharone21:
yes me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:40am On Apr 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Whenever you hear the chorus...... ' We WILL we WILL ROCK you ........

We know they saw the future ........ wink

My thought exactly when I saw that post
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 6:44am On Apr 01, 2022
sharone21:

Omopapa
Lexus
Mamatukwaa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 6:51am On Apr 01, 2022
I did. I also got £10

canadaishome:
Thank you o

See below

I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/EZje

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sharone21(f): 6:52am On Apr 01, 2022
umarwy:

Omopapa
Lexus
Mamatukwaa

Thanks a lot...Do they have contact details?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:54am On Apr 01, 2022
Mamatukwas:

The Uni Sef is supposed to help you with getting a placement! I’m sure they promised all sorts, now it has entered voice mail! Wo, if they have a careers or placement department write them very frequently for help! Don’t allow them to use and dump. Funny people

Well.. what many universities do not help you get placement space and don’t expect the university to pair you with a company that deals with your field.

They see placement as an opportunity for the student to gain work experience in general.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 7:11am On Apr 01, 2022
mex551:
I did. I also got £10

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 7:39am On Apr 01, 2022
justwise:

Well.. what many universities do not help you get placement space and don’t expect the university to pair you with a company that deals with your field.

They see placement as an opportunity for the student to gain work experience in general.

Then I have to broaden my application to customer care role which seem available but my worry is those role always display part time or full time and will not issue a letter stating placement. Now I have to clarify from school placement unit if this role can be accepted. Or I have to find way to get any lob offer letter and then sort out the technicality of placement or no placement with the school
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:00am On Apr 01, 2022
canadaishome:
Thank you o

See below

Should be me

Didn't get anything
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2022
amanze54:
My brother n sisters. Pls I have neva seen what is hard like looking for placement here. I just got the last rejection mail after final assessment that broke my camel back . I have a one year extra placement visa after my Msc Data Science ends in September 2022, now I fear my school will write home office to curtail my placement visa if I can not secure placement. .

LOL the Uni won't do that

My house mate studied MSc Petroleum engineering and is in her placement year

She's been at home doing a remote customer care job LOL
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 8:09am On Apr 01, 2022
hustla:

LOL the Uni won't do that

My house mate studied MSc Petroleum engineering and is in her placement year

She's been at home doing a remote customer care job LOL
I think this is the route I will follow. Just needed to know if her placement visa is still intact?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2022
amanze54:

I think this is the route I will follow. Just needed to know if her placement visa is still intact?

Yes it is

BTW, which school? And does the placement visa come separate in your case

I think it's Hertsfordshire that does seperate placement visa. Not sure
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2022
amanze54:

Don’t worry, the school won’t report you to Home office, you’ll only be asked to instead do your dissertation. You can apply for internship roles instead on LinkedIn or do a cold google search to find available ones. For volunteer roles, check the sites below. Also check google for the Harvard CV templates to help refine your CV. I hear UK employers love cover letters so be sure to always include one if you don’t do so already. Best of Luck

https://reachvolunteering.org.uk/
https://www.volunteermatch.org/search
https://www.charityjob.co.uk/

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 8:19am On Apr 01, 2022
hustla:

Yes it is

BTW, which school? And does the placement visa come separate in your case

I think it's Hertsfordshire that does seperate placement visa. Not sure
Leeds Beckett University.
My visa came as a single unit, but a total of 2 years. One yr for study and one for placement
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2022
amanze54:

Leeds Beckett University.
My visa came as a single unit, but a total of 2 years. One yr for study and one for placement

You'll be fine

The pet Engr babe got same too
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Don’t worry, the school won’t report you to Home office, you’ll only be asked to instead do your dissertation. You apply for internship roles instead on LinkedIn or do a cold google search to find available ones. For volunteer roles, check the sites below. Also check google for the Harvard CV templates to help refine your CV. I hear UK employers love cover letters so be sure to always include one if you don’t do so already. Best of Luck

https://reachvolunteering.org.uk/
https://www.volunteermatch.org/search
https://www.charityjob.co.uk/
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:59am On Apr 01, 2022
amanze54:

Then I have to broaden my application to customer care role which seem available but my worry is those role always display part time or full time and will not issue a letter stating placement. Now I have to clarify from school placement unit if this role can be accepted. Or I have to find way to get any lob offer letter and then sort out the technicality of placement or no placement with the school

My suggestion to you is this....don't allow that one year placement visa to end without you doing any job, no matter the sort of job.

Don't focus on your field of study alone(I know it sounds odd but..) work experience is not necessarily about what you studied but also about working culture/environment whether in your field or any other sector.

Don't leave a gap in your CV

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by darknessbegone: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2022
Solumtoya:
Revolut is giving out £50 Referral bonus for referrals in the next 3 weeks. The person has to order a card for £4 and do 3 transactions of minimum £5 each. I usually share the referral bonus I get sonthe £25 will cover all you spend.

Whether you use my code or not, Revolut bas been my most reliable Bank for transactional purposes. The features I love most are the speed of International transfers (I can send money to US or Canada or most Countries and recipients get it same day) and their disposable virtual card for security.

Revolut has been doing these bonuses in past 4 months. Unfortunately, it has been reducing monthly from £500 down to £50 now.

My referral code: https://revolut.com/referral/jedidi9xv3!APR1-22-AR

Used your link and ordered the card. How do we settle the rest?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2022
amanze54:

Send a DM

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.