Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1171164 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 7:02am On Mar 30, 2022
Tunnazboi:
this is a screenshot of what was sent in the body of the mail apart for employment letter attached

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 7:03am On Mar 30, 2022
Hello house ,the age on my spouse marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application. what option does ukvi proffer in such situations in correcting the age to sync with the date of birth on other documents.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2022
Alexia20:
Hello house ,the age on my spouse marriage certificate (church wedding cert) was wrongly captured and I will need to upload the certificate for visa application for spouse dependent visa application. what option does ukvi proffer in such situations in correcting the age to sync with the date of birth on other documents.

Tell the Church to correct their(?) mistake. Let the church give you a new (age-corrected) one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2022
Tunnazboi:
this is a screenshot of what was sent in the body of the mail apart for employment letter attached
It’s scam. UK border doesn’t exist anymore and it’s now UKVI. No one issues visas on behalf of UKVI. There’s nothing like work visa, the terms you will expect to see is Skills worker visa or Tier 2 visa.
So run!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 8:09am On Mar 30, 2022
For those who recently got their T2 visas. Is it an issue if a letter isn’t included with your passport. A letter wasn’t included when a friend got hers.
I recall the letter is used to get BRP and it’s sometimes asked at POE.
Want to know if it’s no longer relevant and the person doesnt need to ask TLS for it.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Tunnazboi:

Tunnazboi:

Please be aware, as others have told you this is a scam. Someone asked you already “Did you apply for the job?” But you haven’t replied to that question yet. Because your answer would tell you what you really want to know.

Please be careful, do not allow yourself to be scammed due to desperation. There are a lot of south Asian people who can build a site and use links like the ones that sent you to scam you. Your screenshot is annotated with non-British English writings. Which is a red flag.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Ray7878:

Please be aware, as others have told you this is a scam. Someone asked you already “Did you apply for the job?” But you haven’t replied to that question yet. Because your answer would tell you what you really want to know.

Please be careful, do not allow yourself to be scammed due to desperation. There are a lot of south Asian people who can build a site and use links like the ones that sent you to scam you. Your screenshot is annotated with non-British English writings. Which is a red flag.

from the tone of the screenshot you can already tell that this is a scam.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by maklelemakukula(m): 9:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Advision: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2022
justwise:

Did you notice how other black celebrities were comforting him and not Chris? Did you notice that he received an award and standing ovations just after assaulting someone on live TV?

He did not even apologies to CR during his speech, only after hours of news coverage that he decided to apologise.

He laughed at that joke a first then turned around and noticed that his wife did not find it funny then lashed out.

Shame to those black celebrities comforting and supporting him after what he did.

Smith's behavior is inexcusable.

He is a comedian himself, and he no doubt has been poking fun at others, how many slapped him? are they not also people wives, husband, children e.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2022
The instruction behind the form shows you dont need to fill out that part. I just submitted with BRP and international passport.
Uzorp:

I have applied for mine and paid the fees, how did you get around the section 2 on the form (Getting someone with a photo are license to identify you )
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by khasm(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2022
Preshyi:
The instruction behind the form shows you dont need to fill out that part. I just submitted with BRP and international passport.

Oh!
One has to submit the BRP and int’l passport? shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2022
Tunnazboi:

Another red flag, Total will handle all immigration matters on your behalf of they offer you employment and won't ask you to pay one pence towards it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Yes, so if you need your documents urgently within some weeks then dont submit.
khasm:

Oh!
One has to submit the BRP and int’l passport? shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2022
I have how much do you need
Aydceo:
Pls i need pounds, anyone with pounds for naira with affordable rate?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2022
Santa2:

from the tone of the screenshot you can already tell that this is a scam.

Well spotted.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tunnazboi:
Good evening all.
I got a job offer letter from a company in the United Kingdom, I was told to sign and scan back to acknowledge that I accept the letter and also send a copy to work permit UK visa bureau unit consultant on how to process visa and work permit, I did and the consultant has sent me the information on how to obtain the visa and work permit. Visa fee £655 for 5 years, work permit £1220. Please help I don't want to fall for scammers

Careful there is a lot of scam going on...I saw one on Facebook this week. The Indian paid £6,500 thinking he was paying agent for ihs, visa fee and all

Turns out its a scam , fake cos, fake job . The scammers even created a website that the job is in Princess Diana University Hospital. When you check nhs hospital there is no real hospital like this . It even has a website

https://pduniversityhospital.com/

There is a Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital which is the real hospital but not Princess Diana University Hospital. This is fake

The victim only got to know when he tried to submit his visa and the cos didn't work and started raising alarm. I spied the story on Facebook and realised these scammers are not playing. How do you create a full website and even have one or two LinkedIn profile for a hospital that truly doesn't exist. There is no Princess Diana University so how can there be a University hospital . His offer letter said he be working 56 hours 7 days a week. Been a foreigner he didn't even catch that was a red flag. Nobody offer would have said 7 days a week .they told him to pay for the visa fee , ihs directly to the agent which is another red flag he didn't know. You pay ihs and visa fee directly when applying. You don't need to pay this to any agent

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JanegirlN: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
Good day all. Quick question please.

Hubby had his pp biometrics done last week Wednesday and it was just received this morning. But just the new one was sent, the previous pp with Visa was not sent. Please is that how it's done now for those who recently had their pp renewed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Strange he had to drop his previous pp. The times I've renewed, I've never been asked to drop it and always take it along. Best you visit the embassy as reaching them by phone can be a pain. It's also important to get hold of it as evidence for ILR. Hope he has a BRP sha

JanegirlN:
Good day all. Quick question please.

Hubby had his pp biometrics done last week Wednesday and it was just received this morning. But just the new one was sent, the previous pp with Visa was not sent. Please is that how it's done now for those who recently had their pp renewed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You might have to start at the bottom, and build yourself up ........

No dey carry shoulder o .......... grin

Pointers, please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hkana: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hkana:
Good evening fam.

I'm new in Aberdeen (roughly 2 weeks). Came to join Wifey who's a student. I have a bachelor's in Engineering and 3 years work experience in the Bank.

Biko, I need any and every pointers toward getting a job here.

Anyone with any ideas is welcome.

Pa. Lexusgs340 Ray7878 and other ancestors please come through for a brother.

*pours libation on the thread* cheesy cheesy

Still needy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Preshyi:

you can send only passport and generate immigration share code and fill in the share code(there is a provision for that). So you might not need to send your brp if your share code is still active as at the time they are processing it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JanegirlN: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
He does. Thanks.

Bourne007:
Strange he had to drop his previous pp. The times I've renewed, I've never been asked to drop it and always take it along. Best you visit the embassy as reaching them by phone can be a pain. It's also important to get hold of it as evidence for ILR. Hope he has a BRP sha

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ritzzybaron: 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
It’s really annoying honestly. 3yrs is a lot of time to wait for a credit card.

Emmyk:

I'm also at this stage cheesy . Got in in January. Registered and make reports of my house rent on Credditladder, did a sim contract with 3 via direct debit, I am also on the electoral register, but no luck getting a credit card yet to build my credit history.

I got 60% approval rate for Lloyds credit card on moneysavingexpert.com, but at the end, I was told I didn't qualify for the card.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by penurypredator(m): 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
ritzzybaron:
It’s really annoying honestly. 3yrs is a lot of time to wait for a credit card.

Can you try out Aqua and capital one.
I got a phone contract 4 months after I got to the UK and i got Aqua credit card like 14 months after I’ve been here(1yr+). Got Aqua and capital one about the same time. Capital one gave me £200 limit and Aqua gave me £1200 but they’ve recently increased my limit to £2600.
Up till now, clear score doesn’t even display anything as regards to my credit score but this credit karma app works for me.
But the interest rate on my Aqua was like 53% and capital one is like 49% I’m not sure about the exact percentage because I pay my full balance by direct debit so I’m unbothered about the interest rate.
Credit karma kept on displaying that my credit score is excellent and I never paid attention to it until this Amex card came up in the group.
Also I think the app you use to check your credit score might be of help in some way because credit karma was helpful to me and last week, some weird app called “credability” was telling me my score was 214 out of 700 whereas credit karma was saying I had a 640 out of 700.
Sorry it’s a long read but I was worried many months back as well so hopefully this helps in some way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaCentaurii: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone. My biometric is slated for 9 am but from the look of things, I will be able to get there by around 10. Will I still be allowed to enter or I would be turned back? Someone please guide
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
AlphaCentaurii:
Hello everyone. My biometric is slated for 9 am but from the look of things, I will be able to get there by around 10. Will I still be allowed to enter or I would be turned back? Someone please guide

How important is the biometric appointment to you ?...

Biometric appointment at NHC or where ?....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaCentaurii: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

How important is the biometric appointment to you ?...

Biometric appointment at NHC or where ?....
Very important. At TLS Abuja smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
AlphaCentaurii:

You get mat and coil .......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaCentaurii: 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You get mat and coil .......... cheesy
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
AlphaCentaurii:

Even na from keffi u dey come u suppose reach before that time

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone. So my friend is a nurse and has gotten COS from a UK hospital trust already. Now the issue is she went for TB test at IOM centre in Ikeja but was asked to do sputum test because she's had TB some years ago. But then her resumption date is meant to be April and sputum test takes 2 months. Considering the chaos going on with the government and immigration of nurses to UK this is an opportunity she really does not want to miss.

Please is there a way to speed this process up or fast track it so that she can make the cut by April ending? She's so so frustrated
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
jumpshot:
Hello everyone. So my friend is a nurse and has gotten COS from a UK hospital trust already. Now the issue is she went for TB test at IOM centre in Ikeja but was asked to do sputum test because she's had TB some years ago. But then her resumption date is meant to be April and sputum test takes 2 months. Considering the chaos going on with the government and immigration of nurses to UK this is an opportunity she really does not want to miss.

Please is there a way to speed this process up or fast track it so that she can make the cut by April ending? She's so so frustrated

No way to speed it up.
She should notify her employer, they should be able to accommodate a later start. I don't expect it will be a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.