Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1199330 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Healhtyliving: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
Brs calm down you will soon be credited. Provided your funds cleared before 5 April.
omopapa:
E be like sey Moneybox wan scam me o. Paid £4K in March with the hope of getting the £1k bonus for the last tax year on my LISA acct. New tax year don start them never credit the £1k na £0.96 I dey see abi when are they meant to?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
igbsam:
Since on the 1st of April i have submitted an Application to pay my wife's school fees using Form A. Up until now 21st of April the stuff is still showing ADB_REVIEWER. Can someone help with a solution to move forward. I applied using my bank Keystone Bank via their headquarters.

Well, it could have been faster if you picked the branch you opened your account.

I submitted my Form A this morning, picked the branch my friend is working as a cashier and I just got an email few minutes ago that my Form A has been Approved and waiting for Disbursement… That’s First Bank that people normally complain about their slow form A service. NB: I still got my maintenance fee from same First Bank few weeks ago and it was processed within 1 week….

These things can be at the speed of light if you know someone in the bank.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
Ok I’m calming down
Healhtyliving:
Brs calm down you will soon be credited. Provided your funds cleared before 5 April.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
Statement of comparability by UK ECCTIS (formerly known as NARIC) will check ur degree and give you the UK equivalent. It can also be used as proof of English language since a uk degree equivalence will be issued.

Check cv library for templates

You need to spend money to make money

igbsam:

Statement of Comparability

Besides, i don't mind anyone sending me templates of CVs that can fit in for me to work anywhere. Cos it seems all these my ICT experience i pack full my cv dey disqualify me from some Non-ICT jobs. And its not care.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
Do I stand a chance of getting something as well? I was only able to deposit £1500… couldn’t meet up with the 4k, Ano wan go deposit my school fee balance for Moneybox, com dey find money to pay UNI upandan. Justwise go just dey ask person where the proof of fund wey person show for application dey grin grin grin
Healhtyliving:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Well, I failed my driving theory test yesterday…

I failed on the Hazard Perception test… Clicked the hazard question 5-6 times, then the screen sent me one silly message that I wouldn’t be grade for that due to clicking many times… Mehn, that really dull my moral. Was just upset throughout the remaining questions, at the end of the nonsense, I scored 43 out of 75 and the pass mark for Hazard is 44…. I just dey laugh… I’m going back on Tuesday for another test, I will keep Una updated…

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
MadeMen4Life:
Do I stand a chance of getting something as well? I was only able to deposit £1500… couldn’t meet up with the 4k, Ano wan go deposit my school fee balance for Moneybox, com dey find money to pay UNI upandan. Justwise go just dey ask person where the proof of fund wey person show for application dey grin grin grin

Haha. Yes you Will receive 25% of £1500 as bonus
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MadeMen4Life: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Na 375 Quid be that… Thanks
dubaiprince:

Haha. Yes you Will receive 25% of £1500 as bonus
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tobexin(m): 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
giselle237:

Pay postal order addressed to High commission. 20 pounds at post office.
Then If you want the passport to come to you and you wont return to the HC for pick up, buy 1st class or 2nd class envelope from post office addressed to you.
Note- there’s one chief at HC doing the postal order, he’ll take 25 pounds instead of 20
you mean I am not going to pay any money apart from the £20 postal order ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tobexin(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
omopapa:
Baba don tour Europe sotey space don finish for passport. God when
lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tobexin(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Hìn dey tick bucket list.......... grin
see this my oga
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
aminlove:

Imagine, e too cheap for my liking, no wonder.
Virgin or British airways… we don’t want you buying ticket that is too cheap..

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
Tobexin:
you mean I am not going to pay any money apart from the £20 postal order ?
as far as u paid after ??Nov 21, 2021.. sha late Nov 2021… this is the date from which they started taking payment for the enhanced e passport. It is more expensive than the e passprt, so if you fall under this category no other payment apart from 20 pounds postal order.
Hope you have your NIN though? If yout payment is after this above date?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
MadeMen4Life:

Well, it could have been faster if you picked the branch you opened your account.

I submitted my Form A this morning, picked the branch my friend is working as a cashier and I just got an email few minutes ago that my Form A has been Approved and waiting for Disbursement… That’s First Bank that people normally complain about their slow form A service. NB: I still got my maintenance fee from same First Bank few weeks ago and it was processed within 1 week….

These things can be at the speed of light if you know someone in the bank.

Oh.....I guess the mistake i made was because i used the headquarters instead of the branch i opened the account. I relied on someone that works at the HQ to help me speed it up, but he failed to do so and left me to my fate. Thanks for this info, i'll have to do another one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
omopapa:
Statement of comparability by UK ECCTIS (formerly known as NARIC) will check ur degree and give you the UK equivalent. It can also be used as proof of English language since a uk degree equivalence will be issued.

No be lie at the bolded.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
I love this feedback and the honesty so that when you post your pass testimony people will understand that it doesn’t come on a platter.

The trick for hazard perception is not to click too much and clicking too late might give u low score. When you spot ANYTHING can can make you slow or change direction of driving or ANY potential hazard, click it immediately and you are guaranteed the maximum 5 points, the later you spot/click the hazard, the lower the point you get for it.

Goodluck
MadeMen4Life:

I failed on the Hazard Perception test… Clicked the hazard question 5-6 times, then the screen sent me one silly message that I wouldn’t be grade for that due to clicking many times… Mehn, that really dull my moral. Was just upset throughout the remaining questions, at the end of the nonsense, I scored 43 out of 75 and the pass mark for Hazard is 44…. I just dey laugh… I’m going back on Tuesday for another test, I will keep Una updated…

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LondonDating: 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
Viruses:
Looking at the image below, if someone has a gross of £50,000 and the tax year begins in April. Will he be taxed 20% on 37,250 i.e (50,000 - 12,750) and then split it into 12 months (i.e divide by 12) or he will not be taxed for the months before his pay gets to 12,750 gross before he will start being taxed (i.e if the monthly gross is 4k, he won't pay tax for like 3 months first)?

The UK Income Tax system is cumulative and he will be taxed 20% on 37,250 i.e (50,000 - 12,750) and then split it into 12 months (i.e divide by 12).

The personal allowance is designed to save you tax in 12 equal monthly installments.

So, if his salary remains the same between 6 April to 5th April (a complete Tax year), then his Net Pay each of the 12 months will be exactly the same.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by profemebee(m): 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
formerly known as NARIC ke?

For those of us that used UK Naric statements, do we have to re-order again ? maybe for spousal visa extension?

My understanding is we can use same UK Naric statements we used when we came in on initial spousal visa for example

omopapa:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
Assumption: you are on student permit. Init.
Not necessary to know though.

Yes, the SoC cost a whopping £50.
https://enic.org.uk/Qualifications/SOC/Default.aspx
Statement Of Comparability: A general purpose statement of qualification comparability ... to evidence the level of your overseas qualification for employment, study, professional registration or another reason.

If having SoC will guarantee you a foot in, then get it done with and kick-start.
If uncertain, you might rethink.

As regard your line BA (biz analyst) is not same as Data analyst. However, in your pursuit of BA, ensure you get #Domain knowledge. Then, ramp things up with data analytics skill set.

igbsam:
Since on the 1st of April ... Also, this is my second week in the uk as i got in last week monday 11th of April. I already have my brp and have applied for my NI and NHS. My personality being someone that don't just like sitting around, i went on job hunting using indeed and totaljobs. ...
I was an ICT consultant back in Nigeria ...decided to opt for a new career journey which is Business Analysts. I got connected to someone who offered to put me through tutorials that will help me land a better job after the brushing me up at a fee. Yet to start this tutorial, i went on the said sites above to search for Apprenticiship on Data Analyst, got an offer, but they asked i do something. ...I was asked to get
Statement of Comparability
Nna, what is this ke. They stated on the job experience that no certification or experience whatsoever is needed. What is then this one that will cost me a set back of 50 pounds. I don dey spend money, when i never dey make money to find job. ...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ShalewaT: 11:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
ShalewaT:
As a newly married couple that just migrated to the UK, is it normal that my patner uses his London based cousin as his next of kin for his NHS? What's the implications?

Let's say something bad happens to your husband at work and is due financial compensation.........

His cousin gets it all (let's hope he gives you all or a share )..... cheesy

Does he not trust you....... grin

Do you spend all monies available, on designer wears and turning up ........... tongue

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
omopapa:
E be like sey Moneybox wan scam me o. Paid £4K in March with the hope of getting the £1k bonus for the last tax year on my LISA acct. New tax year don start them never credit the £1k na £0.96 I dey see abi when are they meant to?

you will get your 25% contribution for last year tax by 30/4/2022....email i got from them

so relax till then grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 11:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
ShalewaT:
As a newly married couple that just migrated to the UK, is it normal that my patner uses his London based cousin as his next of kin for his NHS? What's the implications?

Have you asked him this question?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:03am On Apr 22, 2022
MadeMen4Life:

Download theory test pro, the yellow one.

Pay 5£ for the premium version.

Do several mock tests

Guaranteed pass first time.

Good luck

17 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ShalewaT: 5:04am On Apr 22, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ShalewaT: 5:15am On Apr 22, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 5:42am On Apr 22, 2022
ShalewaT:

I was there the day he called him asking if he can use him as his next of kin for his NHS, and it just took me by surprise cos normally how can you be married and ask your cousin if he can be your next of kin?
This cousin is married and he isn't his next of kin, then he said he'd fill my name in when he gets to the hospital. He brought the form home yesterday and I saw he actually used his cousin.

Sorry that this is happening. Maybe you should tell him how you feel.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:04am On Apr 22, 2022
ShalewaT:

I don't know if its a trust issue or if they are just used to not using spouse.... I am doing some work with 3 Nigerians who are married. I noticed they put their little child or some other person , one who is like one year old as next of kin. ..... a bit different to me but I noticed all 3 of them didn't put their spouse. I didn't ask because its none of my business

But here .... why would I put my minor child as next of kin when my hubby is there . That very odd to me but to give you some comfort ,your husband is not alone in this. Time here will change that mindset ... but I think u should talk to him

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ShalewaT: 6:26am On Apr 22, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ShalewaT: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:38am On Apr 22, 2022
ShalewaT:

Thank you. Can I use my brother who is based on Nigeria?

It could be a learning thing for him...maybe you show him what is commonly used here but I guess you can use someone outside uk

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Alexia20: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2022
My Elders ,I need your advice towards getting a budget used automatic transmission car for my work( Dom carer ) as I urgently require one .My budget cannot exceed 1k pounds and how can I calculate the insurance and tax that will come with it before parting with my fund .Apart from the money that goes into buying the car ,insurance and tax ,what else ? .
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.