Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170902 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gbens2000(m): 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Pls who have used any flight with two layovers I want to confirm if they won’t be any issues like extra delay within the layovers as to what is already stated on the ticket. Turkish airline
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Topshow4real: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
olenime:
I need 4k pounds guys for tuition payments.
Ive got naira!

Why exchanging naira to pounds for tuition fee payment? Is it not easy to raise the funds there?

Seems I need to think twice before embarking on this journey!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Good Evening Everyone

@myGlasgow people, Please can someone on Tier 2 Visa apply for accommodation through Housing Association?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Topshow4real:

Why exchanging naira to pounds for tuition fee payment? Is it not easy to raise the funds there?

Thinking only twice might be a mistake......... Multiple thinking is required.........

Tell us how you originally intended to raise the funds in the UK.......... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
Does Iptv work with any fire stick at all? I’m seeing lite, 4K etc. which one should I get?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy baba nor understand, it's well

Lexusgs430:

Thinking only twice might be a mistake......... Multiple thinking is required.........

Tell us how you originally intended to raise the funds in the UK.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
bigtt76:
cheesy cheesy cheesy baba nor understand, it's well

Maybe Baba think say the way we can raise ₦4000, is equal to the way £4000 can be raised......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
hustla:

cheesy cheesy

Nigeria is just "different"
Still better than UK in terms of health care provision. UK just has more equipment but some people die before thay can even access it.

A friend's dad was brought to the UK for medical treatment and got a 2 months appointment date. He died before the two months.

Except for referrals, who like his/herself should better get treated in Nigeria than coming here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Viruses:

Still better than UK in terms of health care provision. UK just has more equipment but some people die before thay can even access it.

A friend's dad was brought to the UK for medical treatment and got a 2 months appointment date. He died before the two months.

Except for referrals, who like his/herself should better get treated in Nigeria than coming here.

shocked

Better kwa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Topshow4real:

Not easy to raise funds as a student with limited hrs
Either you wait to work well during summer or you come prepared

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2022
Yes ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lexusgs430:

Maybe Baba think say the way we can raise ₦4000, is equal to the way £4000 can be raised......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Viruses:

Why did they not go private medicare..........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hello People,
Due to unforseen circumstances totally beyond my control, I need to urgently book a flight to Abuja.

I intend to take EgyptAir on my return journey.

Egypt Air appears to be the most budget-friendly option (Yes, I am really tight and ££ and infact, If there were to be cheap STANDING ONLY flights, I no go mind)

If I have a 12-hour lay over in Cairo, will I be given hotel accomodation please?

Anyone with EGYPTAIR experience?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:
Hello People,
Due to unforseen circumstances totally beyond my control, I need to urgently book a flight to Abuja.

Egypt Air appears to be the most budget-friendly option (Yes, I am really tight and ££ and infact, If there were to be cheap STANDING ONLY flights, I no go mind)

If I have a 12-hour lay over in Cairo, will I be given hotel accomodation please?

No molue in the air......... Prepare to sleep on hard chairs.........

Una no go kill pésin with laughter....... cheesy

Just buy some pressure area creams ..........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Trex12:

Thanks but the site asked that I choose a future date

You have me checking my Calendar and wondering if 26th July is in the past.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No molue in the air......... Prepare to sleep on hard chairs.........

Una no go kill pésin with laughter....... cheesy

Just buy some pressure area creams ..........
I envy your sense of humour and appreciate how you douse tensions with it.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On Jul 24, 2022
babajeje123:

I envy your sense of humour and appreciate how you douse tensions with it.

I hope that 12 hours long wait, would not defeat the amount of £'s saved......... cheesy

Let's hope those big green flies would not be flying in the waiting lounge......... wink

If only airlines allowed standing ............ grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Been using axa doctor at hand.
Just that it's video calling things grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Well, I don't know about the private medicare but when I tried subscribing to private health insurance after it was mentioned here a couple of weeks ago, I read the terms and conditions and it stated that there is no guarantee of early appointment as it will still pass through NHS so I didn't bother again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:38am On Jul 24, 2022
onecoder:

Been using axa doctor at hand.
Just that it's video calling things grin

Private consultantations, nah one2one, face2face....... grin

You pay the price .... £220 per hour ......... (without prescriptions)........

Pot wey go chop pepper, hin yansh go hot .......... smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:40am On Jul 24, 2022
KOVIC19COVID20:
Hello People,

You no mind standing if the option dey, yet you dey find hotel for a 12hr stopover.
Na joke I dey abeg grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:44am On Jul 24, 2022
Viruses:

Well, I don't know about the private medicare but when I tried subscribing to private health insurance after it was mentioned here a couple of weeks ago, I read the terms and conditions and it stated that there is no guarantee of early appointment as it will still pass through NHS so I didn't bother again.

For medical tests, and if any form of operation is required ......... You jump the queue .......

You would still be attended to in a NHS hospital (location dependent), but private hospitals also exists .....

It's up to you, what tier of cover do you need....... Platinum, Premium or Primary.............. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 12:51am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Nah like hot akara, warm agege bread and mortuary standard maltina.......... cheesy
This guy, you are a serious cruise master grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OkanlawonB(m): 6:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Private consultantations, nah one2one, face2face....... grin

You pay the price .... £220 per hour ......... (without prescriptions)........

Pot wey go chop pepper, hin yansh go hot .......... smiley

Oga Lexus, Health Care is supposed to be a Social Service and not a Luxury.

The IHS that some immigrants are being made to pay is exploitative enough.

In the German speaking Countries of DE , AT , CH where you pay the compulsory health Insurance

Contributions (Pflichtkrankenversicherungsbeiträge) you pay far less because your children and

your spouse who dont have personal income are covered by your insurance. In contrast to what

is happening in the UK, you always have fast access to medical care in these countries.

In my opinion the NHS is just too overstretched, overwhelmed and underfunded.

There is nothing free about UK`s health care system.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trex12: 6:26am On Jul 24, 2022
Solumtoya:

You have me checking my Calendar and wondering if 26th July is in the past.

Sorry baba. Na mistake
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2022
OkanlawonB:

Oga Lexus, Health Care is supposed to be a Social Service and not a Luxury.

The IHS that some immigrants are being made to pay is exploitative enough.

In the German speaking Countries of DE , AT , CH where you pay the compulsory health Insurance

Contributions (Pflichtkrankenversicherungsbeiträge) you pay far less because your children and

your spouse who dont have personal income are covered by your insurance. In contrast to what

is happening in the UK, you always have fast access to medical care in these countries.

In my opinion the NHS is just too overstretched, overwhelmed and underfunded.

There is nothing free about UK`s health care system.

NHS is free at the point of use ....... It might be overstretched, but it works .........

I recently suffered BVRO, I had 3 eylea injections + laser eye surgery...... It cost me a total of £0.00.....

How would you say, nothing is free about the UK health system.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by haydotzed(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2022
Viruses:

Bro, I had a first hand experience of the dilapidated health system they operate here in UK. My wife just had a baby in UK precisely July 2. Prior to the baby delivery, there has been some health concern as the baby's weight was reducing in the mother's womb; therefore, she was to be induced. The induction date was for 25th of June 2022. We went to the hospital with the hope that they will do the induction that day or the next. To my greatest surprise they put my wife in the ward, started the induction process but intentionally slow down the process because according to them "there were other 16 people who are on induction". It becomes a queue waiting for our turn to be called to delivery unit. 1 day, 2days, 3days... 7thday nothing was done. They were only given her nonsense food, paracetamol and other pain relievers. In between these days I was asking them if anything was wrong, they stated it clearly that they were short staffed and they can only do what could be done. On the 7th day I threatened them with a lawsuit if anything happen to my wife or baby. On that day, they had to transfer us from Manchester Royal hospital to Oldham to take the delivery of the baby. Mind u, they still no transfer her in ambulance ooo, Nah me still carry Uber even with her pain. Spent 9 good days only to take delivery of my child. In Nigeria, I have never experienced childbirth that long except there are serious complications. Their health system needs serious funding if they care to meet the picture they portray to the public.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2022
haydotzed:

Bro, I had a first hand experience of the dilapidated health system they operate here in UK. My wife just had a baby in UK precisely July 2. Prior to the baby delivery, there has been some health concern as the baby's weight was reducing in the mother's womb; therefore, she was to be induced. The induction date was for 25th of June 2022. We went to the hospital with the hope that they will do the induction that day or the next. To my greatest surprise they put my wife in the ward, started the induction process but intentionally slow down the process because according to them "there were other 16 people who are on induction". It becomes a queue waiting for our turn to be called to delivery unit. 1 day, 2days, 3days... 7thday nothing was done. They were only given her nonsense food, paracetamol and other pain relievers. In between these days I was asking them if anything was wrong, they stated it clearly that they were short staffed and they can only do what could be done. On the 7th day I threatened them with a lawsuit if anything happen to my wife or baby. On that day, they had to transfer us from Manchester Royal hospital to Oldham to take the delivery of the baby. Mind u, they still no transfer her in ambulance ooo, Nah me still carry Uber even with her pain. Spent 9 good days only to take delivery of my child. In Nigeria, I have never experienced childbirth that long except there are serious complications. Their health system needs serious funding if they care to meet the picture they portray to the public.

The NHS can never be optimally financed........ cheesy

It's best we understand our anatomy, so we can guide our healthcare professionals, by so doing, we get treated adequately and timely..........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The NHS can never be optimally financed........ cheesy

It's best we understand our anatomy, so we can guide our healthcare professionals, by so doing, we get treated adequately and timely..........

What of adequately staffed?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2022
hustla:

What of adequately staffed?

It can never be adequately staffed, 24/7, 365 days .....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:08am On Jul 24, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It can never be adequately staffed, 24/7, 365 days .....

Did Brexit contribute to all the understaffing?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2022
hustla:

Did Brexit contribute to all the understaffing?

Before Brexit NHS was understaffed, After Brexit, same situation and this tide would continue till Infinity.........

NHS was understaffed in 1970, I bet it was understaffed before 1970....... So you see, it's impossible to fully staff the NHS .........

As at today, almost 35000 vacancies......... Tomorrow, it could be more ........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.