Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183368 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
orlabot:
Good evening everyone. Pls I want someone to give me a brief estimate of the percentage of tax and NI that is supposed to be deducted from the gross income of someone earning a gross amount of 860 pounds per week( working 10 hours daily on an hourly rate of 11.45 pounds) for 6 days a week.

I want to knw dis because I realize that I'm charged an exurbitant amount weekly which is more than the stated 20% I used to hear.
Thanks

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 5:24am On Oct 27, 2022
This must be Indian magic. Exchange rate is now £1=860. This is the best time to send money home

I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/cZuH

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 6:55am On Oct 27, 2022
Goke7:

When I said earlier that season 2 is about to start, I knew what I was saying, na the kind bad eye wey suella dey look the opposition leader when he was talking naim amuse me pass. grin

Imagine such attitude from a public official
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 6:59am On Oct 27, 2022
orlabot:
Good evening everyone. Pls I want someone to give me a brief estimate of the percentage of tax and NI that is supposed to be deducted from the gross income of someone earning a gross amount of 860 pounds per week( working 10 hours daily on an hourly rate of 11.45 pounds) for 6 days a week.

I want to knw dis because I realize that I'm charged an exurbitant amount weekly which is more than the stated 20% I used to hear.
Thanks

Is this your first or second job?
Have you previously left a job and you have not asked for form P45?
If your employer put you on a pension scheme, total deductions can also go up
Get in touch with HMRC and let them know your primary job and if there is need to change your tax code

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Davidonkonsults: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2022
I want to buy pounds. Anyone looking to sell?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2022
Please anyone who has successfully applied for a visitor's visa should help give me insight abeg or refer me to a page where it has been previously discussed. The information I have been getting is quite conflicting and I don't want to make mistakes cry

Cc Justwise

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:18am On Oct 27, 2022
Stenvee:
Please anyone who has successfully applied for a visitor's visa should help give me insight abeg or refer me to a page where it has been previously discussed. The information I have been getting is quite conflicting and I don't want to make mistakes cry

Cc Justwise

https://www.nairaland.com/6969367/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stenvee: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 10:21am On Oct 27, 2022
AlphaUno:

Travel together to pick up BRP - funds
Take children back - funds
And then bring them back after 6 months - funds

Tell me this isn’t what you advising after she said “no funds to travel together” in the first instance?
Didnt notice the bolded but if they have funds, that would be my advice though.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2022
Lordfiido:
very one kind advise
Give your own oga!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OmichaelO: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2022
Make una see o

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Make una see o

Those who have eye's, may they read ........ Those who have ear's, may they hear ..........

Their system dey monitor you. ........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 11:01am On Oct 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Make una see o

Wow. Village people ooh.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Make una see o

Someone posted this on my Uni platform and it's been concluded to be fake. Here is one of the responses "UK home office will never cancel, revoke or deny u entry without quoting a section or paragraph of their immigration laws.
That letter was typed by someone wearing an "L" sign on his neck"

Not supporting more than 20 hours work o

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2022
babajeje123:

Someone posted this on my Uni platform and it's been concluded to be fake. Here is one of the responses "UK home office will never cancel, revoke or deny u entry without quoting a section or paragraph of their immigration laws.

Let's even agree that it's fake...... But we agree that breaking the 20 hour rule, got consequences........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2022
AlphaUno:

Is this your first or second job?
Have you previously left a job and you have not asked for form P45?
If your employer put you on a pension scheme, total deductions can also go up
Get in touch with HMRC and let them know your primary job and if there is need to change your tax code

Thanks for the response. Actually, this is my first job, nd my accumulated income since August till now is not up to 12,000 pounds yet.
I called d HMRC to inform them abt this development, but they were giving me some unreasonable excuses that they have to divide the expected accumulated taxable income by 2 and that since my accumulated income is more than 6000 pounds presently that I have to start paying tax. This explanation is not yet clear to me though
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2022
babajeje123:

Are you a Brookes student ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wane01(m): 11:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Viruses:
Pounds available for sale, send PM if interested.

Just sent you a PM
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phayie(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2022
£1=N868

I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/cZuH
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Make una see o

Thanks for sharing

Whether its fake or not .... HRMC system is increasingly digitised. If you work more than 20 hours it would easily be flagged up

Its not worth it, plan well and stick to the terms of your visa

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
Josh121:

Are you a Brookes student ?
Nah
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2022
wane01:

Just sent you a PM

It's sold. I will respond to your PM though.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
orlabot:

Thanks for the response. Actually, this is my first job, nd my accumulated income since August till now is not up to 12,000 pounds yet.
I called d HMRC to inform them abt this development, but they were giving me some unreasonable excuses that they have to divide the expected accumulated taxable income by 2 and that since my accumulated income is more than 6000 pounds presently that I have to start paying tax. This explanation is not yet clear to me though

The explanation may be this:

1. You are liable to tax once your income exceeds 12,570 pounds per tax year (April 6 to April 5).
2. Your employer enrols you for PAYE and deducts a basic rate (20%) from your pay each month.
3. At the end of the tax year, if your income did not exceed 12,570 pounds, HMRC will return the monies deducted from your pay to you.
4. Stop disturbing HMRC.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
OmichaelO:
Make una see o

grin

I suspect this will start becoming commonplace from next year
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2022
Phayie:
£1=N868

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

1. You are liable to tax once your income exceeds 12,570 pounds per tax year (April 6 to April 5).
2. Your employer enrols you for PAYE and deducts a basic rate (20%) from your pay each month.
3. At the end of the tax year, if your income did not exceed 12,570 pounds, HMRC will return the monies deducted from your pay to you.
4. Stop disturbing HMRC.

HR guy talk say make you stop dey disturb HMRC cheesy
That last sentence though... is that your workplace? Have you guys been inundated with calls? cheesy cheesy

Neways he is right, no fear. Just wait until tax year is done. They'd definitely refund you any excess tax. Just dey work dey go. And tax refund is sweet ooo... just ask anybody wey don collect am before. Adjust your mindset to your current earnings and smile with joy when tax refund comes. I know, was in same situation last year grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Akorkor:

Didnt notice the bolded but if they have funds, that would be my advice though.

Ok. U welcome bro
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2022
[b][/b]
orlabot:

No, isn’t it 12,570 untaxable income again?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

4. Stop disturbing HMRC.

Hilarious, abi make OP stop to dey worry HMRC before they open case file for am and decide to start to dey disturb OP as well. smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2022
orlabot:

Thanks

Have you not received a payslip?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
AlphaUno:

Ok. U welcome bro
I no be bro o shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.