Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176641 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2022
Akorkor:

Do they pay if there is a claim?

I expect them to...... The have a slot on classicfm97.3(Lagos), they talk about their services and how claims are honoured, without breaking a sweat ........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2022
I have got a perculiar question, just want to know if someone has been in a similar situation..I made a mistake while filling my kid on dependant application skilled work visa (not health care). I checked yes for having ILR /british citizen (dont know how in Gods name I missed that even after several reviews). Hence it didnt ask me for my COS while filling it, even though it did ask me for the type of visa I was on and I paid for the visa length(Skill work visa already issued). I noticed the error while booking biometric appointment. I am thinking of adding a letter of explanation to clarify this error and attaching my COS. Or option 2 will be to withdraw the application and apply again(expensive option). Dont know if anyone has been in similar shoes, done letter of explanation and received visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2022
Ahappygirl:
Thank you for this. Just to ask please, I am on a 1250L tax code, I just got a new job and I'm resuming 14/11. Which is a better option please..Ask for p46 from new employer or give a p45 from old employer?

You will have to send in your P45 from your last job.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I expect them to...... The have a slot on classicfm97.3(Lagos), they talk about their services and how claims are honoured, without breaking a sweat ........... cheesy

All insurance companies do that. smiley
By the time the claim for 1000s of pounds comes in now, they will start bringing up pre-existing conditions, material misrepresentation and all that stuff.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

All insurance companies do that. smiley
By the time the claim for 1000s of pounds comes in now, they will start bringing up pre-existing conditions, material misrepresentation and all that stuff.

So be open with pre-existing conditions, to avoid misrepresentations ............ wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So be open with pre-existing conditions, to avoid misrepresentations ............ wink

Nope.
Even if you've already listed PECs, they will then claim that the medical issue you're trying to claim for is a PEC. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 9:49am On Oct 29, 2022
Ahappygirl:
Thank you for this. Just to ask please, I am on a 1250L tax code, I just got a new job and I'm resuming 14/11. Which is a better option please..Ask for p46 from new employer or give a p45 from old employer?

Give a p45 from your old job.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2022
Good morning famz.
Please I need your guidance on how to get my provisional driving license application form filled. Please, which of the number on my BRP is the serial number?
And apart from the serial number column, do I need to fill any other thing on the form? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2022
Top right of your card. If you have your NI number you can include it

orlabot:
Good morning famz.
Please I need your guidance on how to get my provisional driving license application form filled. Please, which of the number on my BRP is the serial number?
And apart from the serial number column, do I need to fill any other thing on the form? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2022
Book online naa

Igbamatigbi:

Any help with this please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 10:21am On Oct 29, 2022
bigtt76:
Top right of your card. If you have your NI number you can include it

Thanks for the response.
Is there any other thing I need to fill on the form?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2022
I get emails from my engineering body. Here's the extracted link
https://engineering-jobs.theiet.org/

PS: listed jobs might be limited!
Mamatukwas:
Dear People. Does anyone know if there’s a dedicated job board for Engineering Jobs in the UK like we have for the NHS?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2022
semmyk:
I get emails from my engineering body. Here's the extracted link
https://engineering-jobs.theiet.org/

PS: listed jobs might be limited!

You’re very kind. Xx
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
Just fill whatever you can and read the instructions

orlabot:

Thanks for the response.
Is there any other thing I need to fill on the form?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2022
Good day Sir/Ma, looking at the issues been discussed on tax, please hope there is no issues having two full time jobs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
AgentXxx:
Good day Sir/Ma, looking at the issues been discussed on tax, please hope there is no issues having two full time jobs.

Additional billing due to tax code change
grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2022
AgentXxx:

That mansion in Nigeria, must be completed (by force & fire).......... grin

But, nah person wey strength remain, go either live for the house or leave the house .......... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2022
bigtt76:
Just fill whatever you can and read the instructions

Yes boss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2022
Please kindly explain in lame man terms why additional?
hustla:

Additional billing due to tax code change
grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
grin And that Lexusgs430 must be driven by force

One is requires physical strength while the other is mental strenght.

And na food I wan use am chop oo, so na instant gratification cheesy
Lexusgs430:

That mansion in Nigeria, must be completed (by force & fire).......... grin

But, nah person wey strength remain, go either live for the house or leave the house .......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
I will advice you withdraw and reapply cos once you have not done your biometrics then you are entitled to a refund of your application fee. Unless you mean something else by it being an expensive option. Kindly read up on Visa withdrawal.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Santa2:
I have got a perculiar question, just want to know if someone has been in a similar situation..I made a mistake while filling my kid on dependant application skilled work visa (not health care). I checked yes for having ILR /british citizen (dont know how in Gods name I missed that even after several reviews). Hence it didnt ask me for my COS while filling it, even though it did ask me for the type of visa I was on and I paid for the visa length(Skill work visa already issued). I noticed the error while booking biometric appointment. I am thinking of adding a letter of explanation to clarify this error and attaching my COS. Or option 2 will be to withdraw the application and apply again(expensive option). Dont know if anyone has been in similar shoes, done letter of explanation and received visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by winta2007(m): 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
Where can I convert my physical naira to cash in UK?

I am in Liverpool.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Whizkay(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2022
HollyMadison:
Hi elders, please we need urgent help.

TLS made a mistake on a visa and put the wrong biometric details on a passport. They collected the passport and said 5days, they are there now and TLS is saying they can’t do anything (they are still holding the passport).

UKVI is saying there’s nothing they can do that TLS should correct their error.

What can we do?
I assume you're referring to an error in the vignette in the passport. If the error is from UKVI, the appropriate thing is for you to return it and you'd get a call back for an amended one in 2 weeks give or take a few days.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2022
AgentXxx:

You can only claim your personal allowance in one of the jobs, the other one will have the BR code which will mean more tax.

Your best bet is to choose the high income job as your main job..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2022
Both are around the same range then what do you think I should set as the criteria in this scenario to choose main job? thank you
phyl123:

You can only claim your personal allowance in one of the jobs, the other one will have the BR code which will mean more tax.

Your best bet is to choose the high income job as your main job..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2022
Aside lemonade please which app can I use to buy pounds with naira in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2022
AgentXxx:
Both are around the same range then what do you think I should set as the criteria in this scenario to choose main job? thank you

If you have to give up one of these jobs, which one would you give up?
Which ever one you chose to give up , pick as your second job.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2022
Preshyi:
I will advice you withdraw and reapply cos once you have not done your biometrics then you are entitled to a refund of your application fee. Unless you mean something else by it being an expensive option. Kindly read up on Visa withdrawal.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Thanks a lot already filled another application and submitted, would withdraw the initial one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2022
Your personal allowance on your taxable income can be shared between the two jobs. It happens a times (50:50, 60:40, 70:30 etc or anyhow HMRC deem fit)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hi, People

Thinking of coming to London from up north this Christmas season for about a week or 2 for a very 'mini' holiday. Emphasis on mini! grin

Any recommendations on what to do and where to go in London with Family (Kids range from 3 - 10)?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2022
DoubleN:
Hi, People

Thinking of coming to London from up north this Christmas season for about a week or 2 for a very 'mini' holiday. Emphasis on mini! grin

Any recommendations on what to do and where to go in London with Family (Kids range from 3 - 10)?

Thanks in advance!

Natural history musuem, Canary Wharf, London Bridge grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.