Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169797 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by khasm(m): 2:39am On Jan 17, 2023
iyatrustee:

Thanks so much! I still can't believe this.

Items sent from Abuja on Friday 6th was delivered today cheesy cheesy

Shiping cost was very cheap compared to EMS Nipost that takes 4-6weeks sef shocked shocked

Please, are they the ones that purchase the items for you? Send and delivered same?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Please how did you contact them and how did you make the payment? Been trying to get them on Instagram but their response time is too slow.

iyatrustee:

Thanks so much! I still can't believe this.

Items sent from Abuja on Friday 6th was delivered today cheesy cheesy

Shiping cost was very cheap compared to EMS Nipost that takes 4-6weeks sef shocked shocked

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jblesn(f): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2023
lightnlife:
What sites have you been checking: Experian, Clearscore, CreditKarma or TotallyScore?

Your record may not come up on all. I'd advise you check all four.

Are you on electoral register? Are you reporting any other bill?

Meanwhile, two months seems like a short time to be super worried about credit score if you've actually done the basics - register, bank, contract and bill reportings. You might have to give it more time.

I am on the electoral register and I pay CT too.
I was just curious, not exactly worried. Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by iyatrustee(f): 8:00am On Jan 17, 2023
bigtt76:
Please how did you contact them and how did you make the payment? Been trying to get them on Instagram but their response time is too slow.

Someone took the items to their Abuja office, they weighed and gave us the price which we paid. See attached a screenshot of their office addresses and choose the one that applies.

Quick one, ensure all items are packed in ziploc bags. Mine wasn't and I had to pay them to pack in transparent bags.

@Khams, they only shipped my items after I got someone to buy on my behalf

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 8:27am On Jan 17, 2023
Excellent. Thank you for this. Very much appreciated.

iyatrustee:

Someone took the items to their Abuja office, they weighed and gave us the price which we paid. See attached a screenshot of their office addresses and choose the one that applies.

Quick one, ensure all items are packed in ziploc bags. Mine wasn't and I had to pay them to pack in transparent bags.

@Khams, they only shipped my items after I got someone to buy on my behalf
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mroriginal: 8:51am On Jan 17, 2023
If the cost of living in those other developed countries are higher and its a green grass syndrome, how come there is a wide margin of disposable household income per capita to the UK? It means they are earning way enough to pay their bills and still have a wider margin left. Or could it just be because some of them are larger economies and people are overworking( working beyond 35hrs/week? I want to believe UK tax system is alot beneficial to majority of people at the lower end of scale i.e low income earners. Just thinking out loud. Here is the margin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposable_household_and_per_capita_income

Ticha:

After all, we're British and moved to New Zealand 5 years ago and we're now planning a move back to the UK. At this point, I'd happily move to the US for a couple of years sef but we will return to the UK.

In many expat FB groups, Aussies, Kiwis and of course Americans are trying to move to Europe aka UK because - lower pay yes but also, lower cost of living, shorter working hours, more annual leave, more worker and renters protections to name but the few benefits

Na green grass syndrome dey worry everyone. Plus the British are awesome at whinging. Complaining about how shit the UK is is a national past time. Sotay their nickname here in the antipodes is whinging poms!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2023
mayo47:
There's a difference between business analysis and business analytics. CBAP/BCS BA Foundations shares knowledge on business analysis. He can undertake Google/AWS Certified Data Analytics if he's keen on developing his business analytics skills. smiley

I totally agree!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 11:14am On Jan 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:
New regulations/rules for over 70's ........... wink
This one is for you and erico2k2 cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:
New regulations/rules for over 70's ........... wink
Should be a walk in the park for you. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
dustydee:

grin grin grin Mr Lexus , don't mind them jare, we know you are a young man ni ooh grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
JaySterling:
Hi Guys, I would like to find out if the 10-15% service charge in the bills of all these fancy restaurants in the UK are compulsory to pay ?

I want to stop paying it, is it weird to ask the waiter or cashier to remove it from my bill ?

You can ask them to take it off your bill, its not compulsory, especially if you received a poor service.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Googledrive12: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Has anyone here applied for the Police character certificate from Nigeria High commission? If yes how long did it take before you received the certificate. Since I haven't stay up to 5 years here I need the certificate for my new employer ( the government ) to carry out criminal record check. The said the one I have is expired and won't be accepted.

Please any useful response will be appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
tshoboy:

Would you share the info smiley

My friend just got a DevOps role

£80K/ yr with 15% discretionary bonus per year
1 day per month in the office

smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kaycee54321(m): 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hi everyone.

While trying to fill out job applications, I often get to this section where I'm asked if I identify as trans, my sexual orientation, religion, etc...

Subconsciously, I often feel they're trick questions and I'm always torn between choosing "Prefer not to say" rather than a blunt "No", especially to the gender inclusive questions...

I honestly do not care much about sexual orientation, gender assignment/tags or religion but then again, I do not want to be sidelined because of a perceived misconception about my profile...

I'd appreciate any inputs please. Does all that really matter, significantly?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaCentaurii: 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
mizGene:

I think they will, a friend of mine did it, they only sent a mail for him to provide an updated right to rent share code when their record showed the previous one was about to expire
Alright thank u

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
davide470:
This one is for you and erico2k2 cheesy

You go soon reach am ...... So make you begin make arrangements........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
dustydee:

It's that walk in the park, we shall all be doing....... When we can no longer drive .......... Start saving for that geriatric buggy.............. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Rubyventures:

grin grin grin Mr Lexus , don't mind them jare, we know you are a young man ni ooh grin grin

Absolutely.......... Young man at heart and with every other organ.......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kaycee54321:
Hi everyone.

I'd appreciate any inputs please. Does all that really matter, significantly?

It shouldn't because legally, those are only viewed in aggregate for statistics reporting, so they're effectively anonymous. And many HR software won't even let the hiring manager see those answers at all.

HOWEVER, we know people don't always follow the rules, plus in a small pool of applicants it may be possible to single people out.

What I'd do is just select 'prefer not to say'. Let their imaginations run wild that maybe you're afraid of persecution because you are one of those things...or whatever
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babranancy: 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hi everyone, please I am looking for a 2 bedroom accommodation to rent in northwest, west or east London with a budget of 1400. Thank you. Please if you know anyone that have a 2 bedroom to rent in London let me know so that I can check if it close to my work place. Thank you so much for your time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's that walk in the park, we shall all be doing....... When we can no longer drive .......... Start saving for that geriatric buggy.............. cheesy
grin Too early for a buggy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lindakam: 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hi everyone,

A relatively just got his student dependent visa and it has no work no public funds instead of restricted work. Please do you advise he fixes the issue before coming or after coming. Which would be faster. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kaycee54321(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
koonbey:

It shouldn't because legally, those are only viewed in aggregate for statistics reporting, so they're effectively anonymous. And many HR software won't even let the hiring manager see those answers at all.

HOWEVER, we know people don't always follow the rules, plus in a small pool of applicants it may be possible to single people out.

What I'd do is just select 'prefer not to say'. Let their imaginations run wild that maybe you're afraid of persecution because you are one of those things...or whatever

Thanks. I think I'd adopt same. It's not a crime to be LGBTQ+ & eventually, it's not a crime to NOT be LGTBQ+...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
your friend is our friend pls

wow...

hustla:

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
please does anyone know how the whatsapp line for GTB

thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
Report a problem

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

Lindakam:
Hi everyone,

A relatively just got his student dependent visa and it has no work no public funds instead of restricted work. Please do you advise he fixes the issue before coming or after coming. Which would be faster. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by igbsam(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2023
lightnlife:
What sites have you been checking: Experian, Clearscore, CreditKarma or TotallyScore?

Your record may not come up on all. I'd advise you check all four.

Are you on electoral register? Are you reporting any other bill?

Meanwhile, two months seems like a short time to be super worried about credit score if you've actually done the basics - register, bank, contract and bill reportings. You might have to give it more time.

Please kindly throw more light on this bill reporting. I have been paying my rent by setting up a direct debit on my lloyds account, i expect that to impact on my credit score, but i can't see any sign that this is being reported nor does it indicate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chinlov:
your friend is our friend pls

wow...

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by damoche64: 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
How long is your friend in the field or his career ladder before getting £80k DevOps role?

hustla:

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lindakam: 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thank you for responding. Although, the issue is on the visa not the brp. He hasn't travelled yet.

Bourne007:
Report a problem

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
I will suggest he rectifies it in-country. It can take an average of 6 weeks and can't work. It can be tracked too

I think you will have to take it back to the centre but can take weeks to issue a new vignette if you decide to go through this route.

Lindakam:
Thank you for responding. Although, the issue is on the visa not the brp. He hasn't travelled yet.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LaXxOnebody(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
I checked on my Lloyd's Bank app. It's the 2nd tab below your account balance on the home screen.

jblesn:
How did you check your credit score? I have spent about two months in the country and i tried checking on clearscore but its saying nothing is coming up. I have a SIM contract and I have set up DD for my electricity bill

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.