Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176500 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jum33: 7:54am On Jan 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

UK people don buy am finish........ Those that have stock, as usual........ Inflated their prices .......... cheesy

Amazon got some for sale @ £42........ (seems Amazon too sold out ).......
I guess it will be the halogen type of heater
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2023
businessnow:
Dear House Bosses and Elders:

Please give me your thoughts and suggestions on this.

In Nigeria, I own an ICT company that has been in operation for 15 years.

In 2010, my company formed a partnership with a UK-based ICT firm, and we served as their Nigerian representative until early 2022, when the contract was terminated (the UK company moved into oil and gas).

We completed transactions totaling more than 600,000 GBP over the course of our 12-year partnership; all transactions, including international bank transfers, are documented.

This UK company arranged my first UK trip in 2013 for business meetings and training, and I have visited the UK more than 12 times since then for business meetings, training, and vacations.

Prior to moving to the UK with my family last year on a Tier 4 student visa, my wife the ( student), I was on my second two-year visit visa.

My company formed a new partnership with another UK-based ICT firm late last year.

Here's my question: is there any other type of visa I can or am qualified for besides the PSW (through wife Tier 4) and Tier 2 visas?

Please amiable senior nairalander, I need your input on this.

@Lexusgs430
@Mamatukwas
@dupyshoo
@koonbey
@Semmyk
@Hustla
@LagosismyHome
@Amarathripple0

Thank You.
You can have a look at this too if relevant https://www.gov.uk/uk-expansion-worker-visa
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 9:47am On Jan 19, 2023
Boss abeg what’s the name of this heater or anything I can use to identify this product.

Lexusgs430:
What heating crisis...........

B & Q to the rescue........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:52am On Jan 19, 2023
Ogbaba123:
Boss abeg what’s the name of this heater or anything I can use to identify this product.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supawarm-Deluxe-Halogen-Heater-1200w/dp/B07K4SYCNS

It's already out of stock........ Demand vs supply, now at play ......... Remember your economics lesson....... The higher the demand............ cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2023
jum33:

I guess it will be the halogen type of heater

Halogen dey ur head ........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supawarm-Deluxe-Halogen-Heater-1200w/dp/B07K4SYCNS

Demand vs supply, now at play ......... The higher the demand............ cheesy

50 Million youths ....

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by courage54(m): 10:28am On Jan 19, 2023
Please someone should kindly assist me with the requirements in applying for Schengen visa from the UK using Spain as the first point of entry?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by businessnow: 10:29am On Jan 19, 2023
@bigtt76, Thank you so much for your time. I will look at all the options mentioned so far, in particular the Global Tech Talent Visa.

bigtt76:
Entrepreneur visa appears to be close to what you should look at but you would need to have an investment of £50k on grand cheesy

Another option is the Global tech talent visa and company relocation visa (or something close to that)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by businessnow: 10:30am On Jan 19, 2023
@semmyk, I know you always come through, and I'll also contact the Bincom Dev Center; thank you, bro. 

semmyk:
Scanning through, you should, on face value, be a prime candidate for Global Talent Visa (Digital Technology)
- www.gov.uk/global-talent-digital-technology
Your solutions and/or products development in the last five years will be of importance though.
Alternatively, as last resort, explore the start-up visa route.
NB: this is totally different from scale up visa
NB: it is non renewable and doesn't count towards ILR
The Global Talent however counts towards ILR (3 or 5 yrs!!!) and you can even be an entrepreneur!!! (AKA self-employed)

You may want to engage the folks at Bincom. They are in the UK and 9ja. - https://blog.bincom.net/emigr8/
Incidentally, they just had an open session yester night.
https://mobile.twitter.com/BincomDevcenter/status/1615755685194498049
[Disclosure] I'm related to one of the founders.

[UPDATED]
Noticed Bigtt76 has already suggested Global Talent. Though still referred to as Global Tech talent visa, the current official reference is Global Talent Visa. You have the Digital Technology route (as suggested and applicable in your case). There are also the Academic/Researcher route (which I've posted on last year) and there's the Arts and Culture route (seemly not the option for you).
NB: the Entrepreneur visa route is closed to new applicant. However, you may want to explore the Innovator visa route (the successor to Entrepreneur visa)
So, if you've got £50k in the kitty, you're good to go for Innovator visa. You just need to come up with a biz idea and get endorsed.
PS: not sure. Alternatively , you might become a financial partner to your current UK collaborator as a full fledged Director in good standing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adebayo82: 10:30am On Jan 19, 2023
Please I need connection. If anybody have any link with company to get Certificate of sponsorship should please share with me. I have done with my Msc program, January 2022 cohort. The bottom line is my visa will expires on 10th of march 2023. I had 15 years of experience in engineering maintenance from Nigeria. Zero experience in care job. All part time job I did during my study is around warehouse due to 20hrs restrictions. All the interview i attends so far is manufacturing companies and they refused to sponsor. they need somebody who has right to work in Uk.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 11:50am On Jan 19, 2023
Go for Graduate visa and if posssible take up a job even though there are not willing to sponsor. You will likely get a company to sponsor within the next 1 year. Try and target Engineering companies that sponsor.
Adebayo82:
Please I need connection. If anybody have any link with company to get Certificate of sponsorship should please share with me. I have done with my Msc program, January 2022 cohort. The bottom line is my visa will expires on 10th of march 2023. I had 15 years of experience in engineering maintenance from Nigeria. Zero experience in care job. All part time job I did during my study is around warehouse due to 20hrs restrictions. All the interview i attends so far is manufacturing companies and they refused to sponsor. they need somebody who has right to work in Uk.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lordfiido(m): 11:51am On Jan 19, 2023
courage54:
Please someone should kindly assist me with the requirements in applying for Schengen visa from the UK using Spain as the first point of entry?
Use this link:
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/apply-from-uk/

It’s really helpful. I used this for mine

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Goke7:

You can have a look at this too if relevant https://www.gov.uk/uk-expansion-worker-visa
This route doesn't count to 5 years ILR bro @businessnow
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Has anyone here been successful in buying a house with their student visa or dependent visa? With the amount I'm paying for rent, I think it's better to just buy a two bedroom apartment but I don't know how to go about it. If you have, the please help a brother out with some information.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Trajan(m): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please, can anyone advise on how Hemlington, North Yorkshire is? Does anyone know anything about this place?
Is it conducive for a family with young children?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Trajan:

Please, can anyone advise on how Hemlington, North Yorkshire is? Does anyone know anything about this place?
Is it conducive for a family with young children?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

For me Sha, I despise North Yorkshire / Middlesbrough smiley

Jobs are not easy to get but rent is relatively cheap. Your story may be different though as I am talking from the perspective of a student

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JaySterling: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Fam, do I need utility bill to open a starling bank account ?

Also, must I have lived in the UK for up to 6 months ?

I’m still new here
Please advise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by courage54(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lordfiido:

Use this link:
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/apply-from-uk/

It’s really helpful. I used this for mine

Thank you so much.. please is it compulsory that i submit the documents with the flight tickets? Because I’m doing for me and my family and we don’t have a particular date in mind for the trip
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

This route doesn't count to 5 years ILR bro @businessnow

Ok, global talent may be your best option
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ogbaba123:

This retailer in Ireland, still got stock ......

https://www.lenehans.ie/supa-1200w-halogen-heater.html

Only 7 left now ........ grin

Now out of stock ........ grin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334655487619?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CYl0p2mySYK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=qocc3p2OTb2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

Got 125 units presently ....... But @£50...…...

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lordfiido(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
courage54:

Thank you so much.. please is it compulsory that i submit the documents with the flight tickets? Because I’m doing for me and my family and we don’t have a particular date in mind for the trip
I think so. I submitted my flight ticket and hotel reservations(you can book on bookings.com without paying till you get to the property)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
You need a proof of ID e.g BRP, International Passport etc. and a valid proof of address (Council Tax Bill, Utility Bill, Government Letter etc.)

You can get more details here: https://help.starlingbank.com/personal/topics/setting-up-an-account/what-personal-documents-do-i-need-when-applying-for-an-account-with-starling/

JaySterling:

I’m still new here
Please advise

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sauceEEP(m): 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
Please how is life in Middlesbrough in terms of cost of living, rent? My sister got admission for Msc in one university there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Good afternoon Dear Ancestors.
I want to thank everyone that contributed to my kwesion some months ago.
Wife finally took the PILLON, got paid off and got another job and COS within two weeks. New Visa was approved yesterday waiting for the new BRP.
Please I have two new kwesions.
1. Do we need to apply to change our own visa too?.
2. Where I fit buy cheap reliable Youkay used car now that I have passed my tests.
3. What are the disadvantages of driving 2004-2010 cars.

Thank you for always coming through for us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by davide470(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334655487619?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CYl0p2mySYK&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=qocc3p2OTb2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

This is just bandwagon effect.. the 6p/hr is even if one uses the minimum watt on the heater (400W or so), at 1200W, it shoots to 18p - 20p which is not so different from the average heater.

Any halogen heater can more or less do the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
davide470:
This is just bandwagon effect.. the 6p/hr is even if one uses the minimum watt on the heater (400W or so), at 1200W, it shoots to 18p - 20p which is not so different from the average heater.

Any halogen heater can more or less do the same thing.

Let's happily join the bandwagon nah........... Not a lot of wagons left to hitch a ride ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
Open a Revolut account instead use this https://revolut.com/referral/temitaim40!JAN1-23-AR ...they are fast to approve you and you get your debit card within 5 days. Starling has too long a wait time.

With your Revolut, you can get inflows into the account and get you started while you work on opening a conventional bank account. for the conventional account I would suggest a Llyods' Bank Classic Account - less stress especially for new entrants into the UK.

When you settle down small, apply for your AMEX Credit Card with this https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/tEMItOhbvx?XL=MNANS ...don't be scared of credits though cos you will need to build your credit score while you are here ...e get why cheesy

JaySterling:

I’m still new here
Please advise

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Let's happily join the bandwagon nah........... Not a lot of wagons left to hitch a ride ........ cheesy

Isn't the oil filled heater not a better option long term, especially the ones with thermostat?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ogbaba123: 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ah, nawa o!

Thanks boss, I appreciate

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Raalsalghul: 3:20am On Jan 20, 2023
Chreze:

I don’t think so. Everyone I know got it like 2 days after application except me. Even my dependents got it months before mine. I don’t think I know or heard of anyone who got delayed PSW.

2 days?

So fast.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obaalasepe: 6:08am On Jan 20, 2023
Is there anyone with accommodation around Herefordshire. My brother is coming next week and he needs just a room.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.