Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1175982 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ConnectMee: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello

I am interested. How do you refer me?

napoleonbaba:
Co-operative Bank is currently offering £125(plus £25 from me) for switching a bank account to them. It's a very handy £150 as the bank switch doesn't require any direct debit switch or deposit. It takes about 20 minutes to complete this offer. It's very easy and doesn't cost you a penny.
You need a Current Account with a CASS bank(Llodys, Barclays, HSBC, Monzo etc) and card details to switch. you also need to fill out a referral form to claim the offer. Send me a dm for the switch information and more offers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
pheranmie:

I understand your point and I know how the situation of car clearing and shipping as gone so high but I have been in this biz too for like 3years too and I know what I am saying.II have bought right handed vehicles and convert them…Corolla verso,Mazda 323 , LR3,golf even bmw And everything went perfect .The main reason why I was considering shipping and buying from here was the price which was significantly different from
What I saw on Facebook marketplace. Example bidding for a car at 500 though with minor dent and that sells at Facebook marketplace for 2000. So if I didn’t see this cheap option I wouldn’t be talking about all this as I know how much shipping is let alone clearing. I am just trying to confirm if the copart website is a genuine site and is it where I can buy from and won’t be throwing money away.
Copart is legit but the cheap cars are usually accident cars. I bought a sweet car from Copart in 2019 through an agent who had a license to bid in a live auction. That 500 wey you dey see go def go up because others will be bidding for it as well when it goes live. Then you go need pay extra charges ontop again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Copart is legit but the cheap cars are usually accident cars. I bought a sweet car from Copart in 2019 through an agent who had a license to bid in a live auction. That 500 wey you dey see go def go up because others will be bidding for it as well when it goes live. Then you go need pay extra charges ontop again.

Thanks you. The copart you bought from was uk or USA?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hkana:

You actually missed the guy's point.

OK sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kwakudtraveller(m): 11:35pm On Feb 20, 2023
pheranmie:

Thanks you. The copart you bought from was uk or USA?
Copart USA, and shipped to Lagos.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
WCUB3:

Hmmnnn both cheesy
I don't think you can get pay monthly offers for a high end laptop (which usually starts at £900) as they usually require you have previously been living in the uk for the last 3years.
You can get a budget PC like lenovo ideapad 5i with core i7 for about £400 and use PayPal pay in 3

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 11:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Where you dey get your news from ..........🤣

From the main source, it’s all over the news
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temimoney07: 12:52am On Feb 21, 2023
Please what’s the quickest method to secure a Data analytics or Data science job after graduation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:17am On Feb 21, 2023
AlphaUno:

From the main source, it’s all over the news

Could not find the news, when I sent you a message...... Seen it now ......

Still 200 miles away from my sweat in the sun ........😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:18am On Feb 21, 2023
Temimoney07:
Please what’s the quickest method to secure a Data analytics or Data science job after graduation.

Graduate recruitment schemes........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 6:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Temimoney07:
Lexusgs430:
Graduate recruitment schemes........
Quickest, I can't say.
Slow and steady: look at building verifiable portfolio (not just the typical online dataset). Volunteer. Solve real-life solution.
While at it, be ready to different Day from DS and leverage DS in DA and vice versa
For graduate recruitment scheme, be ready to hop over DSA (especially for those big tech like your GAFAM/GAMAM). But hey, so many makes graduate recruitment without DSA!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by WCUB3(m): 6:58am On Feb 21, 2023
onecoder:

I don't think you can get pay monthly offers for a high end laptop (which usually starts at £900) as they usually require you have previously been living in the uk for the last 3years.
You can get a budget PC like lenovo ideapad 5i with core i7 for about £400 and use PayPal pay in 3

Thanks for this breakdown. I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by napoleonbaba(m): 7:18am On Feb 21, 2023
ConnectMee:
Hello

I am interested. How do you refer me?

I’ve seen your mail, I’ll reply with my whatsapp contact and I go connect you lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 21, 2023
WCUB3:

Thanks for this breakdown. I appreciate
You're welcome. You can check out the following on ebay.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akhat: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2023
Please I just got to UK recently as a student. I still trying to get a part time job. It's not been easy. Now, my phone has been showing "no service" on both sim cards since yesterday. Potential employers might not be able to reach me, because some took my number and promised to call back after, and the ones that have told me to be on standby for shifts. Please, if anyone that can assist me with a small phone to receive calls as I can't afford to buy a phone for now. I already exhausted the cash I came with on transport for job hunt and dbs.
I live in Liverpool. Please I really need this please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TOSM: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2023
Hello Naira landers, I am new to this page. Please, does anyone know how I can get a caregiver job to enter the UK? I work as a medical lab technician in Lagos. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2023
Who knows how or where I can swap monitors?

I need a bigger one and was wondering if it's possible. Old one was bought brand new from Amazon, 4K screen and all but it's just 27"

Any pointers appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2023
TOSM:
Hello Naira landers, I am new to this page. Please, does anyone know how I can get a caregiver job to enter the UK? I work as a medical lab technician in Lagos. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Think YouTube will be a good place to look for this info

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
Akhat:
Please I just got to UK recently as a student. I still trying to get a part time job. It's not been easy. Now, my phone has been showing "no service" on both sim cards since yesterday. Potential employers might not be able to reach me, because some took my number and promised to call back after, and the ones that have told me to be on standby for shifts. Please, if anyone that can assist me with a small phone to receive calls as I can't afford to buy a phone for now. I already exhausted the cash I came with on transport for job hunt and dbs.

If your phone worked here before, I’m guessing with a UK sim, it shouldn’t suddenly stop. Maybe get one of those free Lebara sims, you should be able to receive calls on them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
I think it's WMSAE912EW

tushqueen:

Thanks do you have the model number please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lordfiido(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
Akhat:

Send a pm to me bro or drop your email address lets connect.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
Is there anything I should do before driving with my international drivers license in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2023
mayowa94:
Is there anything I should do before driving with my international drivers license in the UK?

Ensure your date of entry, is still under 12 months.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by peacenaija(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

can someone get after entering Uk i.e an international license showing issuing date after entry date
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Peerielass: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2023
mayowa94:

I assume you already have insurance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by donald197: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Read about highway codes and UK driving rules
mayowa94:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Peerielass:

I assume you already have insurance?
No
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
donald197:
Read about highway codes and UK driving rules
Okay
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Myati: 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayowa94: 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:

I entered this month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.