Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1175226 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2023
Preshyi:
Hello guys, I apologise this is a long post but I need your contributions please.
My brother is registered with indeedflex and he was given a shift at Sainsbury's. When he was about to leave after the shift they were told they all need to be searched cos someone stole from one of the sections. However, they didnt see anything on him. Some days after his shift he did not receive payment and he first contacted the shift leader in Sainsbury's who said he will not be paid cos he was caught stealing. He probed further to understand where the accusation was coming from but they stopped responding. He then contacted indeedflex and they repeated same thing. He told them that it was a blatant lie and needs evidence of that. He sent several messages to talk about how the accusation has traumatized him and affected him financially. After some days they finally paid him and according to indeedflex it was cos he returned the stolen item when confronted. He insisted it was all false and he needs them to investigate and show him CCTV evidence or something. They said they cannot release the evidence cos of GDPR, that they will not push it any further but will keep an eye on his account. He has not gotten shifts in Sainsbury's ever since. We need advice on how we can get to the root of this please, it is a serious and false accusation that has the tendency of tarnishing his image. There were other black agency workers that worked there on that day and this could be a case of mistaken identity. Do we need to talk to a lawyer?

As someone has said, make a SAR sharp sharp.

See link here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/preparing-and-submitting-your-subject-access-request/ if you need help, but a simple email na the same thing.

Do it yourself ASAP first - make them no go claim say the footage no dey.

Specify the request to all information concerning you and the incident of [date] to make it faster. Otherwise them fit delay. A SAR suppose get response in 1 calendar month, but it can be delayed if deemed complex, which is quite loose. Tell them you dey ready to come and view the footage, make them no claim say other peoople dey inside the CCTV footage so them no fit give you a copy.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Intrepidone(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
BorisJohnson:

Is this in England?
Egungunโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
We actualy stay in Bradford, England.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
Abeg if person get sponsorship for care work. Shey that person fit get sponsorship for another work for another industry and dump the care work?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2023
eniola1010:
Abeg if person get sponsorship for care work. Shey that person fit get sponsorship for another work for another industry and dump the care work?

I believe it is possible, but COS as I heard is like Boi-Boi, if you change sponsor(master), your ILR clock starts afresh.
What do I know, gray hairs will torchlight it for you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
It doesn't start afresh

DoDirtsLikeWorm:

I believe it is possible, but COS as I heard is like Boi-Boi, if you change sponsor(master), your ILR clock starts afresh.
What do I know, gray hairs will torchlight it for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Most definitely! You can switch categories as you like

eniola1010:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
Bourne007:
It doesn't start afresh

Okay, my mistakes then.
Although where I picked that line from was when a dependent got a CoS and he was told that if he abandons the current dependent visa which he is under and follows that COS, that his clocks will restart.
I was thinking it applies all round tho.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Blurpy: 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
Good evening guys
Iโ€™m about three months in the uk. Currently working and schooling, I need guymen in Birmingham to give me pointers asap. Dating apps arenโ€™t helping, clubs are expensive to visit, how una de change hoil abeg especially if you dey Birmingham, help your nwanne. Man don soapy tire. I say make I talk am as a closed mouth is a closed destiny ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SapphireFort(f): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2023
eniola1010:

So you mean to say if i have CoS for project management, i cannot do care work in my leisure as a second hustle. It must be anything related to pm that i can do in my leisure
As long as the other job is in the shortage occupation list, you can do 20 hours per week.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
rinzylee:
My people...I greet una o.

Abeg do we have any flight plan agent here with a booking code? Ticket wan cut my neck.

2) Has anyone secured a shengen visa for France or Netherlands recently??

3) How long does a transit visa take?

The way I'm missing home, I fit slap patient tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜”

Did you get any response on this. My spouse is in the same situation. We need a transit visa but there is no available dates for Netherland.

My question now is what does it take to get schengen visa in the UK for transit purpose
Do we need all the plenty document like hotel for just single use of transit? Or can we just put purpose is for transiting in Netherlands

Abeg make una put mouth.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Make sure you open the App at least once then you relax and wait for it .
hustla:

shocked

Do I need to do anything apart from depositing the ยฃ1,250?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2023
Temi231:

Did you get any response on this. My spouse is in the same situation. We need a transit visa but there is no available dates for Netherland.

My question now is what does it take to get schengen visa in the UK for transit purpose
Do we need all the plenty document like hotel for just single use of transit? Or can we just put purpose is for transiting in Netherlands

Abeg make una put mouth.
Thanks

I didn't get any o my sister. I am forced to do the normal Qatar or Egypt waka.

No idea about the shengen visa o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by yolkman20: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
My road tax expired 1st April, so I set up a direct debit 31st night, till now it still shows untaxed everytime I check it online. I've rang them and they said it'll take 3 working days. I checked now again and it's still the same.

Wetin man go do bayi. Please help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
Blurpy:
Good evening guys
Iโ€™m about three months in the uk. Currently working and schooling, I need guymen in Birmingham to give me pointers asap. Dating apps arenโ€™t helping, clubs are expensive to visit, how una de change hoil abeg especially if you dey Birmingham, help your nwanne. Man don soapy tire. I say make I talk am as a closed mouth is a closed destiny ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Go and download "London Fever" by African China, he get message for you there.
(Na them go carry U go corner, after you go dey wahala).
Buy Lux soap and avoid trouble ooO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BuildingProject: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
Temi231:

Abeg make una put mouth.
Thanks

Even if you put purpose as transit.
You still need to attend an appt for biometrics /submission , except you've done biometrics in the past. But still, you still need an appointment to submit your Docs.
Try less visited countries.
Estonia
Greece
Latvia.

Change location to less busy embassy.
Belfast
Edinburgh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
Blurpy:
Good evening guys

vivastreet.co.uk
Or
Download PURE on App Store

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
yolkman20:
My road tax expired 1st April, so I set up a direct debit 31st night, till now it still shows untaxed everytime I check it online. I've rang them and they said it'll take 3 working days. I checked now again and it's still the same.

just wait for it.

you can drive your car since you have evidence of payment, in case, police stops you on the road
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
ukay2:

yes

thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
AgentXxx:
Make sure you open the App at least once then you relax and wait for it .

grin

I like the app so I open it often sef

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2023
Tolzeal:

Just to make it clear that you donโ€™t have to deposit the 1250 at a once. You can split it how you want say 400.400.250 and move the money around in your accounts.

Itโ€™s just need to sum up minimum 1250 ยฃ within 60 days of creating the account.

Got mine under 7 business days with message like:

โ€œ Thanks for switching to NatWest. Great news, your ยฃ200 is in your account. For more information on how to make the most of your account why not visit our helpful page https://www.natwest.com/existing โ€œ

Terms of engagement differs from each bank switch and there are chances of temporary pull back in your credit score .

* Birdman hand rub *

Ill be waiting for them grin

Put everything in once so I guess that's fine

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
Blurpy:
Good evening guys

Comrade, goan marry grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
please guys i need your input in this, i got a car recently and i cant drive so i called some recovery company and the prices they charge from Watford to Manchester is very ridiculous. if any one that can drive and the person is within Watford and less busy tomorrow i will glad appreciate a helping hand and will definitely compensate the person. the car has a valid MOT we can do a day insurance and car tax is almost done immediately please help o....if i no pick the car tomorrow i might loose my deposit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 7:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
pheranmie:
please guys i need your input in this, i got a car recently and i cant drive so i called some recovery company and the prices they charge from Watford to Manchester is very ridiculous. if any one that can drive and the person is within Watford and less busy tomorrow i will glad appreciate a helping hand and will definitely compensate the person. the car has a valid MOT we can do a day insurance and car tax is almost done immediately please help o....if i no pick the car tomorrow i might loose my deposit.

hire a driver from the garage nah or google driver near me and get someone to do it for you ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
Thanks everyone for all the helpful comment. Will definitely follow this up.
MichaelUde:

As someone has said, make a SAR sharp sharp.

See link here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/preparing-and-submitting-your-subject-access-request/ if you need help, but a simple email na the same thing.

Do it yourself ASAP first - make them no go claim say the footage no dey.

Specify the request to all information concerning you and the incident of [date] to make it faster. Otherwise them fit delay. A SAR suppose get response in 1 calendar month, but it can be delayed if deemed complex, which is quite loose. Tell them you dey ready to come and view the footage, make them no claim say other peoople dey inside the CCTV footage so them no fit give you a copy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 8:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
Yinnchi2:
Hello, please I need advice. I met my boyfriend(African-British) a few months ago and we plan to get married later this year. Unfortunately, I found out we are both of AS genotype. I'm optimistic about not having kids with sickle cell but since it can't be ruled out, I want to ask if the UK government provides adequate and free health programs for such or if the sickle cell treatment issue is the same here as it is in Nigeria

Pieces of Advice will be appreciated. Thanks

When you get pregnant, your midwife will refer you to the hospital within the first 3 months for the fetus to get tested to see if it's AS or SS. If the results show the fetus is SS, you will be provided with the results and an option to abort or carry the fetus to term. This test is performed for couples that are both AS, and it's all free.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stanley123147: 11:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently residing in the United Kingdom, having overstayed my visa by a period of two years. However, I am now looking to return to Nigeria with my wife, who is a British citizen, for the purpose of getting married. I am seeking guidance on how best to approach the issue of my overstay and how to present a compelling case for the granting of a visa.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goodly1: 11:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
Lexusgs430:
If the present UK immigration minister, could be banned and fined ........ Who we be .........๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜œ
Naija politician go be like: 'So a whole minister dey drive himself for UK!โ˜น๏ธ Dem no dey kidnap am!'๐Ÿค”
Chai! Naija!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goodly1: 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2023
lightnlife:
What A Day!

Took my theory test today.

Guess what! I failed...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

And no, it wasn't the multiple choice questions (45/50), it was the hazard perception (37/70).

At clip 6, it flagged my clicking pattern. Marks were lost for that. Took caution and simply clicked on the real danger...the result na 37 ooo. My lesson: the exam click pattern is totally different from the 4-in-1 pattern.

I'm really pained๐Ÿ˜ญ cos I messed up, having to queue again for their endless test dates.

Can't remember the last time I failed an exam/test.๐Ÿคช

No wahala! We go again, this time with a bang!

Don't worry, I go open my script for u,u go copy from my script next time!๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 12:07am On Apr 06, 2023
Stanley123147:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently residing in the United Kingdom, having overstayed my visa by a period of two years. However, I am now looking to return to Nigeria with my wife , who is a British citizen, for the purpose of getting married. I am seeking guidance on how best to approach the issue of my overstay and how to present a compelling case for the granting of a visa.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
If you are married, why do you want to marry her again?
Just be upfront and sincere with them. Also mention your good record (no criminal recird) while you were in the UK.
No one can give you a definitive answer on how the application will be decided.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CornOak(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2023
yolkman20:

๐ŸŒš
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 2:39am On Apr 06, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Hello dear, are you planning on going to the immigration office to do a follow up? Please if you successfully go let me know how it goes

I was at the embassy today. Those people are something else. I waited over 4hrs.
They said is at production stage that need to keep waiting until I received it.
Other applicant of last year are still facing the same issue. Even to use ladies/gent they will not even allowed those coming to pick up their passport. They said only applicant allowed in the building are those for capturing or have an appointment.
What's the issue with yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.