Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1174896 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
Viruses:

This is very sad, imagine people that needs the passport to renew their stay, they now face the risk of overstaying because UKVI won't take passport unavailability as excuse.

Na to stage protest o

I Don call all d number dey get on der website tired and also email the address they have on the page. After my collection date, have been going to the embassy more than thrice. Standing outside for mire than 4hrs. The 2 staff/security at the entrance will just tell applicant to be going home that the passport will b produced. They treat people lyk animals and that's why people keep smashing der official cars.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phenmeson(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Lolli2pop:

From the tracker, i can see Mine as well as been in production for ages…on the tracker what status does your show?

Is at application received since March and my capturing was January.
They need to even close the embassy because they are not even helpful.
They will encourage people to get Emergency Travel Certificate of over £120.
Another applicant did capturing since last year, the passport is still pending.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2023
Opiso101:
Good evening everyone,

Please where can I do Project Management training that will be recognized and will aid me get a job. I tried care job but couldn’t cope so I had to quit.

Please help me

Try https://www.globaledulink.co.uk/

You will have access to the training portal for 12 months

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
New tax year begins today...

1.LISA...£4000

2.STOCKS AND SHARES ISA....£20,000

Start today to make good use of them..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On Apr 07, 2023
ukay2:

1.LISA...£4000

You mean ₦ or £ . ........ If person stash £20,000 away, person no go chop, pay bills, rent/mortgage etc etc ......

Wetin go remain.......🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Tolzeal(m): 12:35am On Apr 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You mean ₦ or £ . ........ If person stash £20,000 away, person no go chop, pay bills, rent/mortgage etc etc ......

Wetin go remain.......🤣😜

Making more money I guess 🥹🥹.
I was lucky enough to max out my LISA. Got started in January.

I’m sure with enough time one could put more to Stocks & shares ISA . Doing the math one just need to put aside 1667/mo on average to meet up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ojtopsy: 1:03am On Apr 07, 2023
rayralph:

Accepted my naija passport and BRP.

No issues.

Try again in a well lit environment
No be juju be this? I beg which slot did u put the BRP cuz the AI specifically said I uploaded a BRP instead of an ID and rejected it . i only have 3 slots ID, DL and Passport wc one can i use BRP for
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:07am On Apr 07, 2023
Tolzeal:

Making more money I guess 🥹🥹.
I was lucky enough to max out my LISA. Got started in January.

I’m sure with enough time one could put more to Stocks & shares ISA . Doing the math one just need to put aside 1667/mo on average to meet up.

What should we tell our mortgage providers/landlord's .........😭😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LifeisShort01: 4:10am On Apr 07, 2023
Good morning everyone

A room available in Glasgow in a shared apartment.
£450/month. All bills inclusive.
DM if interested
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lefty500: 4:29am On Apr 07, 2023
Okay. Thank you

Viruses:

Yes you can, physical card/bank should not be a barrier.

Amex has high approval rate. Use my referral link if you wish to apply for amex credit card and we both get bonuses.

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/uREFEOqmgM?XL=MNMNS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 6:35am On Apr 07, 2023
Senior men and women, I need an affordable insurance policy for my car.
I have uk driving license to drive automatic cars. My wife will be the second driver and she has Nigeria international drivers license, which is valid till February next year. I don fill forms tire, the figure I’m getting no funny at all. Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tolajay: 7:46am On Apr 07, 2023
You too like money matters grin

Still into Tbills and property in Nigeria?

Just to highlight: The 4K LISA benchmark is part of the 20K ISA allowance every tax year. So, once you've saved 4k in LISA, you'll only be allowed 16K more across other ISA products.

ukay2:

1.LISA...£4000

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LionInZion: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2023
tolajay:
Absolutely! The dominant contest is with AI and tech in general.

Had a discussion with the heads IT operations and governance for a leading insurance group in the UK and I marvel at the disruptive impact AI is going to have on people's work. Companies are massively investing in automation and cutting out human interventions.

One thing I know is humans will evolve and survive.

Aptly put! The disruption is serious and there seems to be nothing stopping it, at least for now. Most industries and organisations that are hitherto against AI automation are now accepting it. Even one of Google's most recent updates said it's no longer against AI generated content, so long it gives value to readers.

Microsoft, apart from its billion dollars investment in ChatGPT for its search engine, is also rolling out designer Microsoft, which will significantly disrupt the graphics designing industry.

And like you said, we'll just have to keep evolving and reinventing ourselves. This has come to stay and like a friend once said, any organisation that's not thinking of incorporating AI into their business operations will soon find themselves left behind and possibly out of business.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2023
EJIOGBENIMI:
Senior men and women, I need an affordable insurance policy for my car.
I have uk driving license to drive automatic cars. My wife will be the second driver and she has Nigeria international drivers license, which is valid till February next year. I don fill forms tire, the figure I’m getting no funny at all. Thanks in advance.

Try cuvva.com
There insurance is a bit cheaper you can you do
Pay as you go and even insure your car a day self.

18 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by worry357: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2023
pheranmie:

Try cuvva.com
There insurance is a bit cheaper you can you do Pay as you go and even insure your car a day self.

It's important to remember!
If you stop or miss payment they WILL cancel your insurance.
This is computer logged and police can see that you have no insurance.
Automatic number plate recognition cameras, (ANPR) are on many roads and in many police cars.
They can spot and report you instantly.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:36am On Apr 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Wetin go remain.......🤣😜

I don't miss to max out for both for the last 3 years... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 10:45am On Apr 07, 2023
tolajay:
You too like money matters grin

Still into Tbills and property in Nigeria?

Just to highlight: The 4K LISA benchmark is part of the 20K ISA allowance every tax year. So, once you've saved 4k in LISA, you'll only be allowed 16K more across other ISA products.

I de everywhere oga mi....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 11:14am On Apr 07, 2023
Mumibaby:
Hello Family,

I have a return ticket (British airways) from UK to Nigeria, 20th and to return 24th of April. I just cancelled the journey and the ticket is non refundable.
I will like to sell the ticket, if interested pls contact me.

is it transferable and how much is it?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pheranmie(m): 11:15am On Apr 07, 2023
worry357:

Automatic number plate recognition cameras, (ANPR) are on many roads and in many police cars.

Do you recommend i don't do my insurance with them?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rinzylee(m): 11:24am On Apr 07, 2023
worry357:

On a different note, can ANPR detect someone driving with just provisional license and has not taken the practical driving test yet?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bukonlami: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
Please guys if my ticket says 2 piece baggage, how many 23kg bags am I entitled too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
bukonlami:
Please guys if my ticket says 2 piece baggage, how many 23kg bags am I entitled too.

2x23kg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Guys who has a resource for calculating inflation.
For example. Is it worth saving in cash lisa for many years? How do u know if that money will be worth what its meant to be worth after those year due to inflation?

I need better recourse that teaches inflation mathematically.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bukonlami: 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
eniola1010:

2x23kg

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
Copyright infringements........ Might cost you $5000 per day (for life)......... 🤣😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Copyright infringements........ Might cost you $5000 per day (for life)......... 🤣😜

It's because he has money. If he doesn't, shey they won't serve him with another punishment ni!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ojtopsy: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
rayralph:

No issues.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ojtopsy: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
rayralph:

No issues.

Those were the annoying responses from the application

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightofjoy(m): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
Hello house, pls I need to apply for France visa, anyone with information on how it's been done from UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mohtunrahyor(f): 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
My husband went there with someone the first time, but he failed. He said someone came alone and he decided to go there alone the second time and he passed
Viruses:

I learnt today that if you want to use your car, you should not drive there alone with provisional licence, someone has to join/drive you there. Try to find out about this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
eniola1010:
Guys who has a resource for calculating inflation.
For example. Is it worth saving in cash lisa for many years? How do u know if that money will be worth what its meant to be worth after those year due to inflation?

I need better recourse that teaches inflation mathematically.

Good question. It depends on your age which tells how long you wanna keep it invested, the interest rate your provider offers, unpredictable future inflation, tax-relief, opportunity costs, etc. Moneybox, for instance, gives about 3.3% so with the Government one-off 25%, you should be fine for a while cos you'd be effectively getting over 4% excluding the 25%, so in 5 years, you might be averaging double digits! But in 10 years, the yield might drop to 7% average.

For me, I might use it for house deposit and then contribute in my 40s in a Stocks and Shares LISA if it's possible.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.