Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) (972 Views)

Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / Pelumi Nubi On A Solo Trip From London To Lagos By Car (Video) / Police Arrest Lebanese Who Drove Recklessly And Crushed A Girl's Leg In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by sandammy(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2021
Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 days.

The elder statesman is a Record-breaker, who broke
a world record by driving his Peugeot 504 over a distance of about 4,000miles, in 24 days.
Prof Dorayi is a distinguished Abusite (Ahmadu Bello University) and respected professor of
Chemistry.

He doubled as a former president of the ABU Student Union Government (SUG) for 1966/1967. Dorayi set up the Sharada Industrial Estate in Kano.

He is also the first to organize trade fair in Nigeria.
He is called The Adventurous Chemist because of his passion for adventure. While in the UK, his journey was Inspired by several adventure books he had read. For instance, he read about the Marcopolos, the Mungo Parks, these adventurous
stories fascinated him.

Dorayi, therefore proceded to make a record-breaking trip by driving his Peugeot 504 over a distance of about 4,000miles in 24 days.

According to the elder statesman, “England is an
Island. So when you reach Southampton you have to
take a boat, you and your car, to Calais, France. I drove through Paris and so on through Madrid, Gibraltar. So when you reach Gibraltar, you reach the Mediterranean Sea, where you also take a ferry to Algeria.
From there you enter the road all through, though there is no road, in the desert, you’re guided by
your compass, your map.”

Dorayi disclosed that as he bought the Peugeot 504
for 1000 pounds and hit the road immediately.

He said, ”I was assisted by the British Automobile Association (AA). They gave me the guidelines, the map, the route. They told me what to do in crossing the desert, and what not to do. So, I was quite prepared.

Speaking of his preparedness, Doriya said, ”Since I went to secondary technical school, I was technically inclined and I could service my car. I came from a technical background. Going back to

Zango in Kano and hanging out with friends, they taught me confidence. So this thing has been in me
for years.

Source: ObserversTime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by kristonium(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
Did he drive on the mediterranean sea too??

How did he cross from the Northern Africa to Europe?
Re: Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by xpressionx(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
Prof show us the way. I can borrow my neighbour's motorcycle

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by Blackdeewhy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
Prof! Prof!!
Believe this at your own peril! London KO, lokoja ni!
Re: Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by Karlovych: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed This clown expects people to believe he drove a Peugeot 504 through the heap of sand dunes in the Sahara desert

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by Harkstetunz: 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lol
Re: Meet Nigerian Professor Who Drove Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days.(p) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed embarassed This clown expects people to believe he drove a Peugeot 504 through the heap of sand dunes in the Sahara desert
Driving on sand dunes is even next to possible..did the prof drove his shit across the Mediterranean sea too..? grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Working In Oil, Gas, And Mining Camps Abroad / You Won't Believe The Place I Visited Yesterday Is Here In Nigeria (pics) / Starting Life From Scratch: Survival Strategies For Young Hustlers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.