Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Lack Of Access To Link Airport Road From The Service Lane When Coming Through Os - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lack Of Access To Link Airport Road From The Service Lane When Coming Through Os (217 Views)

Beware of Access Bank's Small Ticket Loan Trap / Keke Napep Driver Slammed On The Road For Driving On A Wrong Lane In Lekki (Pix) / Apapa Gridlock: Lagos Task Force Frees Service Lane To Ease Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Access To Link Airport Road From The Service Lane When Coming Through Os by lolexzy: 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2021
After the completion of road work along Oshodi airport road, the access to link the express road to the airport around charity from the service lane was removed.

Those coming through the service lane en-route the airport and Ikeja axis get confused when they get to where the access used to be, but is now terminated. Those that are familiar with the area have to go into Mafoluku to link up with the express way. Those that don't and are in the majority keep going ahead along the service lane where they see a road that descends to link up with the express way.

However the police claim that this road is one way and they are really cashing in on it. Every day as early as 5:00am and as late as past midnight, they have buses, both korope and the yellow faragon lined up on one side of the road ready to intercept vehicles that come through. There can be as many as ten.

When the first bus intercepts a vehicle, it goes to the back of the queue and the next in line gets ready to intercept. They sometimes even have a bus at the top of the road to close in any vehicle that may want to back out after being tipped off.
The scene is like a market place with the police, Lastma, Civil defence and what have you all involved. It's truly pathetic.

The relevant and concerned authorities should please look into this issue as motorists are being greatly exploited. I believe there should be access from the service lane to link the express to airport road.

1 Like

Re: Lack Of Access To Link Airport Road From The Service Lane When Coming Through Os by lolexzy: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lagos state Government, please intervene.
Re: Lack Of Access To Link Airport Road From The Service Lane When Coming Through Os by daddytime(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
Lol....see my hood.

Na leg we take dey tear this road those days...all through charity, 7/8, ajao estate.

Find memories And nostalgia mehn..

E don tey wey police dey Mount Road block for that place to catch people for one way oh.

Dem nab me sometime in 2008 around 1am with my oyibo ex wife. Na God save me say dem no shoot me oh. I don high begin rake for dem.

(1) (Reply)

Thunder Killed 2 People In Osun State. / Meet Man Who Walks With Thousands Of Bees On His Body For Over 30 Years / Local Yummy Soups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.