Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? (562 Views)

Nigeria’s Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab – FG / Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? / Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by hisexcellency34: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2021
Feminists in the house, why do Muslim women pray behind men? Is that not gender discrimination?

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Tomahawk99(m): 10:22am On Aug 27, 2021
You want feminists to have a WOmental meltdown.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by true2god: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2021
A muslim’s prayer will become null and void if a woman, or a dog, passes his immediate front while doing solat.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2021
Good question!

Answer!
That's the rule in Islam. Whoever wants to be a Muslim will follow its rulings.
It's either a woman prays behind those of men or in a separate place entirely from that of men.
The best prayer of a women is that one she prays in her home far from the prying eyes of men!

And a Muslim woman can't be a feminist!
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:50am On Aug 27, 2021
true2god:
A muslim’s prayer will become null and void if a woman, or a dog, passes his immediate front while doing solat.

The prayer is invalidated if those passes the immediate front of the Imaam or one who is praying alone with no sutra!

It was also narrated by al-Bukhaari (487) and Muslim (505) from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri which says “If any one of you is praying, he should not let anyone pass in front of him. Let him push him away as much as he can, and if he insists then let him fight him, for he is nothing but a shaytaan (devil)”.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If the one who passes in front of a person who is praying knew what (a burden of sin) he bears, it would be better for him to stand for forty rather than pass in front of him.” Abu’l-Nadar – one of the narrators – said: I do not know whether he said forty days or months or years. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 510; Muslim, 507 – from Abu Juhaym (may Allaah be pleased with him).

However this is unrelated to the OP.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Origin(f): 10:58am On Aug 27, 2021
just to be funny:

Maybe because men will not concentrate if women are in front. grin

cos we know where most of our men's brains are where women are concerned.

Forgive me i don talk am already.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Abdoolbuster: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
true2god:

You're right o

The cult of Islam regard women as object that is meant for Islamic men to enjoy yet they see women as a devil
It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin Samit from Abu Dharr, that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“The prayer is severed by a woman, a donkey, and a black dog, if there is not something like the handle of a saddle in front of a man.” I (‘Abdullah) said: “What is wrong with a black dog and not a red one?” He (Abu Dharr) said: ‘I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) the same question, and he said: “The black dog is a Shaitan (satan).”

Sunan Ibn Majah 952

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Abdoolbuster: 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
Rashduct4luv:
Good question!

Answer!
That's the rule in Islam. Whoever wants to be a Muslim will follow its rulings.
It's either a woman prays behind those of men or in a separate place entirely from that of men.
The best prayer of a women is that one she prays in her home far from the prying eyes of men!

And a Muslim woman can't be a feminist!

Is there anything sensible about Islam?
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Fvckyouall: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2021
So that they won't rape the women, if headslammers can be turned on by mannequins anything is possible
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by haekymbahdx: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Is there anything sensible about Islam?
What amazes me most is hypocrisy of christians you people have not even finish studying your bible yet you will be accusing Quran of the same thing your bible teaches. Is there anything sensible about christianity?

1 Corinthians 14

34 The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.(B)

35 But if there is anything they want to learn, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to talk in church [[g]for her to usurp and exercise authority over men in the church].

1 Timothy 2
8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,

10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

11Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve;

14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

—1 Timothy 2:8–14

Why does your God hate women so much?

Genesis 3

16 To the woman He said, I will greatly multiply your grief and your suffering in pregnancy and the pangs of childbearing; with spasms of distress you will bring forth children. Yet your desire and craving will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Abdoolbuster: 6:18am On Aug 31, 2021
haekymbahdx:
What amazes me most is hypocrisy of christians you people have not even finish studying your bible yet you will be accusing Quran of the same thing your bible teaches. Is there anything sensible about christianity?

1 Corinthians 14

34 The women should keep quiet in the churches, for they are not authorized to speak, but should take a secondary and subordinate place, just as the Law also says.(B)

35 But if there is anything they want to learn, they should ask their own husbands at home, for it is disgraceful for a woman to talk in church [[g]for her to usurp and exercise authority over men in the church].

1 Timothy 2
8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,

10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

11Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve;

14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

—1 Timothy 2:8–14

Why does your God hate women so much?

Genesis 3

16 To the woman He said, I will greatly multiply your grief and your suffering in pregnancy and the pangs of childbearing; with spasms of distress you will bring forth children. Yet your desire and craving will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.

So tell me what is wrong in all these that you have posted here?

You asked why does YHWH hate women? Where in these your write ups did YHWH say that women is a devil? Or that woman come and retreat like the devil? Or that when a woman pass before you whole you pray then your prayer won't be acceptable?
Islam the filthy cult is filled with load of rubbish

Muhammad bath in filthy water of Buda'ah grin
Muhammad urinate facing the kaaba cheesy
Muhammad and Allah hates black people so much that they are condemned to hell
Muhammad and Allah are partners in crime
Muhammad flirted with his adopted son's wife (Zainab) and then claimed that Allah made his heart to flip for her (werey pàtàkì)
Allah is a love-vendor (he made paradise filled with Houris for abdools cheesy
A black dog is a devil
Muhammad stole clothes from the bootie that his companion got from looting and killing
Muhammad copied ar Rahmam from another pagan
Umar was the one that was giving the werey Quranic verses to settle his fight with his wives
The idiot even calmed that any woman can come to h to *f* them cheesy

Prove me wrong in any of these
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by Empiree: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
Origin:
just to be funny:

No it is not funny. You are actually right. It is one of the reasons. There is Hadith about this. It says women should stay longer in sujud because some men may not have enough cloth that covers them properly.

And women also can't be in the front role. It is wisdom that Allah bestowed on us in Islam. If women are placed in front then men lose focus especially with women in Rukuh and Sujud lol. So your reasoning is very much genuine/correct. Again, there is Hadith on it that you can research. The hadith goes like this

"The best role for the men in Salat is the front. The worse role for the men is the last. The best role for the women is the last. The worse role for the women is the front.". (Paraphrased)

Also, women are to pray directly behind men without any partition, not in another room, upstairs or downstairs. But I can understand that due to the constraints of space or structures of some buildings, women are placed in separate spaces. Nothing wrong with this at all. But the real Sunnah is women pray directly behind men which is what we grew up with. It is not women subjugation for praying behind men. Not at all. It is for our own good.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by fadal(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
Let’s talk about what the Prophet ﷺ said in relation to women praying at the mosque:

“The best place for a woman to pray (salah) is in the innermost part of her home” (Musnad Ahmad)

“Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from the mosques of Allah” (Sahih Muslim)

The best comment I’ve seen regarding these hadith on women in the mosque comes from a scholar who said:

“Let the men do as they have been commanded, and let the women do as they have been commanded.”

To elaborate: let the men ensure that they don’t prevent the women from coming to the mosque. If they are in charge of a mosque, ensure that they have a women’s section. And let the women ensure a preference for praying at home.

One would, therefore, say, “Neither sex should command the other by telling them to act on the words of either hadith” – each to their own, right? Absolutely Not. Let’s understand why.

The Ahaadeeth Explained
Of the two hadith mentioned at the beginning, the hadith regarding women praying in the innermost part of her home, there is no command. It’s simply describing a preference for women to pray at home. In contrast, the hadith addressed to men first issues a command, that they must not prevent women from the mosque, which indicates a prohibition.

Additionally, the hadith regarding women praying at home relates to the rights of Allah. So the recommendation given in the hadith is a private one between servant and God. None but He can command a woman to act upon this. The second hadith relates to the rights that women have over their men. Scholars say that sins in which people’s rights are infringed upon are more serious than sins that are between a person and Allah, as Allah is infinitely more forgiving.

So men should ensure that they fulfil the rights of women by not preventing them from the mosque of Allah.

In fact, if your rights are not being fulfilled, then you have the option to ask for your rights.

The context of the Ahaadeeth
When looking at a hadith, it’s important to understand its context: The Prophet ﷺ was once describing the rewards of praying in the mosque to a group of companions. The women spoke up, complaining that since young children occupied their time at home, they wouldn’t always be able to attend the mosque and thus be deprived of this reward. The Prophet ﷺ tells them in consolation that they get the same great reward for praying at home. The concession given to women that they are not required to pray in the mosque is from the wisdom of Islam; one person may need to stay at home to take care of the children. Can you imagine the difficulties that would ensue if everyone was required to go to the mosque, and how disfavoured the women who were unable to attend, would feel?

To add to the importance of acting upon the prohibition issued in the hadith, it is interesting to note that the wife of Umar ibn al-Khattab (the second Caliph) would go to the mosque despite Umar showing his dislike for this.

She is reported to discuss this with another companion of the Prophet ﷺ, in which she asks the companion whether she understood why Umar would not prevent her from going to the mosque. The other companion responds by saying, because of the statement of Allah’s messenger:

‘Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from the masaajid of Allah’

(Bukhari)

Denying a woman from the mosque undermines a woman’s ability to make righteous decisions, absurdly indicating that the community needs to make the righteous decisions for them. As though women can’t be trusted to make the pious choice. The reality that women are servants of Allah and have their own relationships with Allah is completely disregarded. This stands out as being distinctly unlike all the other Just commandments of Allah; it stands out as an unfortunate association our beautiful religion has picked up from history.

“Women are allowed in every sphere of life except the masjid” this is a sentence that does not make sense and should not exist.

To summarise; if a woman does not heed the recommendation of the first hadith, it has nothing to do with anyone whatsoever apart from her and God. If a man does not respond to the command of the second hadith, it becomes the responsibility of everyone in the Muslim community to raise this issue in a respectful manner and ensure that Muslim women are given their rights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Pray Behind Men? by motayoayinde: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2021
p
Origin:
just to be funny:

YOU ACTUALLY CORRECT.

THE MUSLIM SOLAAT INVOLVES PROSTRATING AND BOWING.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Man Translate The Quran Into Igbo Language / El Rufai Ask Muslims To Pay For Eid Ground / Hijrah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.