Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? (6573 Views)

NASA Claim “dozens” Of Advanced Civilisations Existed Before Us / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 9:21am On May 21, 2011
Earlier I posted about my mtDNA and Y-DNA results.

mtDNA: L1b1a

Y-DNA: E1b1a

Africans, including Igbos, have existed before the advent of organized religions. Read about  Igbo spiritual science here: Odinani/Omenala.

Recently, I read Catherine Acholonu-Olumba’s over 500-page book titled, They Lived Before Adam Prehistoric Origins of the Igbo The Never-Been-Ruled, in a culmination of 18 years of research into Igbo origins and the origins of other Kwa peoples. Kwa languages belong to the Niger-Congo family and are spoken by over 20 million people in such places as Nigeria, Ghana, and Benin.

In her book, she traces the “origin of the Igbo people of Nigeria to the earliest days of Homo Erectus Africans.”

Very early on in the book she examines the meaning of  “ndi Igbo.” She states, “Ndi-Igbo simply means, “the Ancients, the First People, the Aboriginals (Ndi Gbo).” The Igbo civilization in Nigeria is one that synthesized over the years from the original Negro hunter-gatherer autochthons (otherwise called Homo Erectus) scattered over various parts of the continent of Africa prior to and beyond 500,000 years ago from where they spread across the globe in the first phases of the ‘Out of Africa’ migrations. In West Africa these hunter gatherers were called Igbo by the earliest migrants who met them in situ on arrival in the Niger-Benue confluence area. In other parts of Africa they went by various names such as Bushmen, San or Shan, Twa and Pygmies. It was these little people, known in Southern Africa as San or Shan, in China as Shan (creators of the Shan Dynasty of God-men) and in Igbo land as Eshi/Nshi or Nwa Nshi, who until recently were still seen in southeastern Nigeria nurturing the cultural life-wire of the Igbo, that had birthed the original Igbo forest culture hundreds of millennia before the North-South migrations that were later to bring about the relatively new Pan-Igbo identity anchored around the Nri hegemony” (Acholonu-Olumba, 2009, p. 2)

Whether one agrees with many of her assertions, it is quite apparent she is well-researched. The book can no doubt spark interesting conversations among those interested in the African origins of humankind. I find this research promising, and the idea of the Igbo being an ancient people, who have influenced a number of other cultures and religions, to be my position.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by dustydee: 9:24am On May 21, 2011
keep dreaming
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 9:27am On May 21, 2011
http://migrationstoriesofnigerianigbo./2010/03/14/theories-of-ndi-igbo-origins-part-ii-the-ancients-introduction/

I'm not a conspiratory theorist, but this case is really perplexing.

If Igbo were before Adam, does it mean they are from God's loins ?

If yes, does that mean Igbos are the true guardians of heaven?

So Jesus Is most likely of igboid blood lineage then?
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Rhino5dm: 9:29am On May 21, 2011
Ofcourse the SNAKE that decievd Adam &Eve to disobey God existed before Adam.
Ki ni big deal?

6 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 9:54am On May 21, 2011
Rhino, why is ur arguments always skewed towards defamation (of Igbos).
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by homerac7: 10:13am On May 21, 2011
I think its will b more correct to say dt there existed civilization(s) in d current Niger-Benue-River Cross region and inbetween dt predates Adam emergence by very long time wt visible evidences.

D Ikom paintings and monoliths r some of d irrefutable evidences. Also r several other homo erectus age crude implements excavated around Udi and Nsukka region. Mentionable is also an ancient pyramid dt existed in Udi but ws destroyed by early christian missionaries directive. I think ds civilization predates Igbo-ukwu civilozation very much too

So many others valid evidences exist to show dt d region is long inhabited. I'm not sure of wc is more ancient; Nok civilization, "Ani-Igbo" region civilization or Lake chad basin civilization.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 10:52am On May 21, 2011
But there re still standing ancient pyramids in Nsukka area. Have seen photos of them.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2011
I dont understand why 'Jesus' was included in the threads title and why you limiited it to Igbo's only as opposed to 'Black Africans' but I agree with the theory.

Unfortunately most people dont have a solid understanding of the Bible.

The book has been corrupted over time but there is still alot of knowledge that can be derived from it - IF YOU THINK WITH YOUR BRAIN.

If you read the first few chapters of genesis carefully you will eventually see that 'God' created man and woman at the same time. Later on the 'Son's of god' created Adam and then Eve and placed them in the garden of Eden.

The rest is history. . . . . . .

Anyway, I dont want to get bogged down in a 'Religous Thread' so I'm out of here.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by komando77(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2011
@ Son of God,
Did you say that God created man and woman at the same time? Please explain.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by elveco: 11:45am On May 21, 2011
Hm! heresies.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2011
komando77:

@ Son of God,
Did you say that God created man and woman at the same time? Please explain.

Genesis Chapter 1, verse 27

(Please I dont want to start giving Bible Studies here)
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 12:37pm On May 21, 2011
^^ that's true ooh. But hold on , where then did the rib poking story come about?
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by alexleo(m): 1:45pm On May 21, 2011
This thread is simply a bunch of rubbish
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2011
macjive01:

^^ that's true ooh. But hold on , where then did the rib poking story come about?

Read Genesis chapter 2 for that 'gist'.

And note how whereas the word 'God' is used throughout Genesis chapter 1, the term 'Lord God' is used throughout Genesis chapter 2. (Different entities)

African's are the 'original man' first created. (In chapter 1)

2 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by seanet02: 7:31pm On May 21, 2011
Of course Lucifer was created before Adam. No arguement on that
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by kandiikane(m): 7:33pm On May 21, 2011
I read somewhere ages ago that there was a race already on earth before the creation of Adam unfortunately it was ages ago and I lost the bookmarks but I will look into it again.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by buzugee(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2011
so if the first human God created was adam, then how did ndigbos exist before adam

1 Like

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by buzugee(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2011
now if you say adam was an ndigbo fella, that i can get with because after he discovered he was nekkid, he quickly grabbed a wrapper and wore it around his waist. ndigbo men wear the same wrapper around their waist today. this is passed down fashion from their forefather adam grin

3 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by kandiikane(m): 7:46pm On May 21, 2011
Can you look beyond religion?
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 21, 2011
seanet02:

Of course Lucifer was created before Adam. No arguement on that

Lucifer must be ibo then.No wonder his brethren are very stubborn.like father like childern.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2011
buzugee:

so if the first human God created was adam, then how did ndigbos exist before adam 

Read throught the previous posts - There's no need for the ''Tribalism' here even though the poster has kind of invited it with the threads title.

Your actually now 'dissing' yourself -  not Igbo's.

There was no such thing as Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa in the begining.

Genesis chapter 1, verse 27 (God creates man and woman)

Genesis chapter 2, verse 7 (Lord God creates adam)
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by homerac7: 7:55pm On May 21, 2011
There r overwhelming evidences in d bible to show dt there were creations/civilizations b4 Adam.

One strong pointer is Gen 1:28 where d word "replenish" is used
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by kandiikane(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2011
The bible has many contradictions. Did the writers bother to proof read?

1 Like

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by buzugee(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2011
Sun of god:

Read throught the previous posts - There's no need for the ''Tribalism' here even though the poster has kind of invited it with the threads title.

Your actually now 'dissing' yourself -  not Igbo's.

There was no such thing as Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa in the begining.

Genesis chapter 1, verse 27 (God creates man and woman)

Genesis chapter 2, verse 7 (Lord God creates adam)
so basically we are saying the same thing. no human existed before adam
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2011
buzugee:

so basically we are saying the same thing. no human existed before adam

Incorrect - I'm saying human beings were on this earth before adam was created.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Natasha2(f): 8:19pm On May 21, 2011
son of God the first creation story was from the Priestly source(p) while the second was from the Yawistic source (J)
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

Sun of god the first creation story was from the Priestly source(p) while the second was from the Yawistic source (J)

Please elaborate (for all)
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Natasha2(f): 8:26pm On May 21, 2011
its self explanatory the two creation stories came from different source hence the contradiction I have nothing to elaborate on cheesy
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Sunofgod(m): 8:32pm On May 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

its self explanatory the two creation stories came from different source hence the contradiction I have nothing to elaborate on  cheesy

Well - hold your own beliefs.

I've only ever read the 'King James Version' of the Bible and everything I quoted so far can be verified.

Unlike your 'very vague' statement you cant elaborate on -  cool
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Natasha2(f): 8:38pm On May 21, 2011
whatever did i ask you to change your beliefs undecided
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
u dont have to change ur belief for anybody ooh
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Mandelaguy(m): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
Please, do not add or subtract from the holy scriptures(bible). You know the consequence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses (with Direct English Translations) / Nwulite Asụsụ Na Omenala Igbo / Reasons Why I Love Igbo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.