Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,411 members, 7,839,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Juventus Forward - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Juventus Forward (249 Views)

FIFA In "Advanced Talks" To Suspend Russia Until Further Notice / Conte 'In Advanced Talks To Succeed Mourinho At Tottenham' / Everton Sign Juventus Striker Moise Kean On 5 Year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Juventus Forward by Dipsaint(m): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
Manchester United are in advanced talks to sign Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus.

BBC Sport understands a move to Manchester City will not happen for the 36-year-old.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri confirmed Ronaldo had said he "no longer has any intention" of playing for the Italian giants.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said Ronaldo "knows that we are here" during a press conference on Friday.

Ronaldo signed for Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon for £12.2m in 2003 and scored 118 goals in 292 appearances for the club.

During the press conference early on Friday, before news of United's approach broke, Solskjaer said he was surprised the five-time Ballon d'Or winner wanted to bring his time in Italy to a close.

He added that Ronaldo had been spoken to by United midfielder Bruno Fernandes, his Portugal team-mate.

"I didn't think Cristiano was going to turn out leaving Juventus," Solskjaer said. "It's been speculation this morning, speculation the last few days, of course.

"I know Bruno has been talking to him as well. He knows what we feel about him and if he was ever going to move away from Juventus, he knows that we're here."

Manchester City had looked to be one of the favourites to land the former Real Madrid player when some reports suggested personal terms had already been agreed between the two.

Speaking before City face Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday, manager Pep Guardiola said: "Cristiano is a Juventus player. I cannot add anything else.

"In these three or four days left until the transfer window shuts, anything can happen but, in my view, there are few players - Cristiano Ronaldo included, Messi is another - they decide where they are going to play.

"Right now, my feeling is I am more than delighted with the squad we have and we will stay the same."
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Man Utd In Advanced Talks To Sign Juventus Forward by Great100000: 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2021
So Man City wan hijack am from Man City.

Who no like better thing.... grin grin grin grin

They don't him to do dem shege against Man City. grin grin grin cheesy

If na Chelsea e come now, then Champions League & Premiership & Super Cup & World Club Cup sure for am.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Vs CR7 Debate / Thanks For No7 Shirt Gesture, Ronaldo Writes Cavani / Salah Puts Pressure On Liverpool: 28 Million Euros A Year Or No Renewal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.