Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People (2159 Views)

Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here / Need Someone To Talk To? Confused, Angry, Afraid, Depressed, Sad, Whatsapp Now / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Mayyvin: 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
This is a thread for people who are currently going through a rough patch and just wants to unburden, share their struggles and possibly get the encouragement to go on.

There's a refreshing feeling when you know you're not alone and there are people who can identify with your struggles. This is exactly what this thread is created for.

There's no benchmark for pain. Hence, making fun of people's problems or undermining their struggles is not allowed.

You're welcome to share whatever it is you're going through.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by edoman2016: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2021
This thread is for losers. Life is fun.

7 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Goldbw122(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
Life is beautiful and wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Promiseibritam: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
Will this thread help to get my gf bk?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Mayyvin: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
edoman2016:

The bulk of the comments here are borne out of ignorance of how the human mind works.

Although the topic explicitly reads that the thread is for people going through depression, a lot of you have resulted to making unwarranted comments on a subject you know nothing about, just so you could feel good about your pathetic and mediocre lives.

You lunkheaded fools!

Depression is a mental illness. There are biological, chemical and psychological intricacies that play into its complexity. It's not a matter of being tough.

Are you tougher than Tyson Fury who fell into depression and almost committed suicide just after winning the Heavyweight boxing title? Are you more accomplished than Elvis Presley who drugged himself to death because he wanted to drawn the emotional pain that comes with fame?

You average bloks who have never smelled or possibly imagined the hemisphere of what a meaningful life tastes like feel you can spill hogwash over something you know nothing you know about.

If you weren't poverty stricken, you'd realise that money doesn't bring fulfilment.

If you weren't poorly educated, you'd realise that you can be surrounded with a lot of people and still feel lonely. Ask Justin Bieber.

Adolf Merckle was a billionaire who committed suicide in 2009 after the financial crackdown that plagued the world in 2008. He lost a bulk of his wealth and soon fell into depression and he refused to speak about it. If he had opened up to someone about his pain, he possibly would have still been alive today and contribute more to the world.

A lot of you have average dreams. Hence, you never get to experience catastrophic disappointments that leaves you shattered. That's why you're here mocking and spitting on a serious issue that has taken the lives of millions.

I created this thread so I and others who are trained in the subject could offer help to people who may be hurting.

Unfortunately, I fear that you dumbbells might have derailed the purpose.

11 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Mayyvin: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2021
Promiseibritam:
Will this thread help to get my gf bk?

Do you mind sharing what happened?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Mayyvin: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Goldbw122:
Life is beautiful and wonderful.

Yes it is. But some of us are still tryna work our way to that point.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Promiseibritam: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
Mayyvin:

Do you mind sharing what happened?
I will creat a thread for that soon.
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Cuttycool(f): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
My advice to all depressed people, no matter what you go through, try and be strong, hold on, never give up, because some people faced more than what some of you are facing, yet God saw them through.

7 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
edoman2016:

Such an insensitive thing to say.

Life is fun for you doesn't mean that people are not struggling.

12 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Monogamy: 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2021
Which kind thread be this again oo

Depression is mostly caused by accumulation of unsolved problems.

Without facing those problems head on, no amount of sweet message can change things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Pineapplelove: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2021
cry no friends no money
No lover
Just me and my phone
And nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by catwalq(f): 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
edoman2016:

This is a very careless comment, if you have nothing nice to say just move along. Everyone is going through something, least you can do is be nice.

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by yuping(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hope you get through your struggle and whenever you strip you fall into your blessing.
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Sorry it's life. Take a big fat hug

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
Pineapplelove:
cry no friends no money
No lover
Just me and my phone
And nairaland
We're together

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Bluewitch(f): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
kiss

Don't kill yourself if you're depressed ...

Get someone you trust you can open up to. ..

Try to state out your problems ...
Pick the major ones....
List them according from the easiest to Hardest...divide the problem into 2... Solve them but by bit....
With time you'll overcome your depression

1 Like

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by bukatyne(f): 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
Mayyvin:
This is a thread for people who are currently going through a rough patch and just wants to unburden, share their struggles and possibly get the encouragement to go on.

There's a refreshing feeling when you know you're not alone and there are people who can identify with your struggles. This is exactly what this thread is created for.

There's no benchmark for pain. Hence, making fun of people's problems or undermining their struggles is not allowed.

You're welcome to share whatever it is you're going through.

@Bold:

Are you creating a kumbaya thread because if people start to unburden, someone might read and proffer solutions which while not palatable would solve their problems?

I think you should state a caveat if it is just an encouragement thread.
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by mastermaestro(m): 1:40am On Aug 28, 2021
Everyone has a burden. Everyone has a challenge. Everyone has a worry. Everyone has a valley. Everyone has a brick wall. This is what makes life life (the repeat is not a mistake). Without something to worry about you will be useless! Life is worthless when there is no new challenge.

Being depressed solves nothing! Depression only damages your mind the more. Falling into depression literally means you have succumbed to defeat, loss and failure!
We are born to fight. Nothing comes on a platter. Fight, you must. Victory isn't a gift. It is a reward...you earn it!

The night may be dark and long. Daylight will sure break out at its set time.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by SeaTrade(m): 6:44am On Aug 28, 2021
edoman2016:
Do not dismiss/mock a struggle you know nothing about.
Even some top CEOs and captains of industries go through this ,I guess they are losers too.
Let me paint it to you clear,most times it is people with huge drive,aspirations,dreams and ambition that go through this because they fear what they envisage might not come to pass or something might go wrong at the end of the day,
It is people who are shallow and have so little to offer that aren't depressed at all because those little things you call fun is what they live for and can be gotten easily.
Be guided.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Richy4(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2021
Anyone that knows Robin Williams and cause of death will not really joke with depression..

I mean I felt that he was the happiest man alive... Many families loved him without even knowing who he truly was and what he was struggling/ battling with... he puts smile on lots of family through his acting..
I still pray that he finds rest that this earth could not give him wherever he is..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by annayawchee: 11:37am On Aug 28, 2021
I chose to rise above everything that deprives me of my peace of mind and happiness...
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by MufasaLion: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2021
SeaTrade:
Do not dismiss/mock a struggle you know nothing about.
Even some top CEOs and captains of industries go through this ,I guess they are losers too.
Let me paint it to you clear,most times it is people with huge drive,aspirations,dreams and ambition that go through this because they fear what they envisage might not come to pass or something might go wrong at the end of the day,
It is people who are shallow and
have so little to offer that aren't depressed at all because those little things you call fun is what they live for and can be gotten easily.
Be guided.

My greatest fear in life after death.
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by mrsteel: 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Pineapplelove:
cry no friends no money
No lover
Just me and my phone
And nairaland
What about pineapple?

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2021
Monogamy:
Which kind thread be this again oo

Depression is mostly caused by accumulation of unsolved problems.

Without facing those problems head on, no amount of sweet message can change things.
I am afraid you are mistaken..... there are many out there who have no major problems to think of yet struggle with depression every moment of every day of their lives. undecided

Everyone has problems of some kind, but not every one is depressed.. so depression is more than just about problems. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Lamanii22(f): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
What causes depression really.... I have never been depressed...
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lamanii22:
You have never been depressed? Are you not a human being? undecided

Depressing could be caused by various things- stress, ,genetic predisposition, medication, medical problems, or basically having a depressed brain. undecided
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by mariahAngel(f): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lamanii22:

It is possible to have never experienced depression.
Don’t mind Kobo. grin

Kobojunkie:

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Lamanii22(f): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Depressing could be caused by various things- stress, ,genetic predisposition, medication, medical problems, or basically having a depressed brain. undecided

Hmmmm... Well... If it's thinking, I think very well but I don't get depressed... Not like I have a perfect life... I just live each day as it comes...
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
Lamanii22:

Hmmmm... Well... If it's thinking, I think very well but I don't get depressed... Not like I have a perfect life... I just live each day as it comes...
Have you ever felt sadness, guilt, shame, sorrow, boredom, sometimes a combination of one one more of those? If yes, then you have likely experienced depression at one time or another in your life. undecided

Depression is normal for any human , so don't assume it is all about Suicidal thoughts or ideation. Only those who have faulty mood regulation by their brains do not experience such things as depression. undecided
Re: Thread For Depressed, Sad And Lonely People by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

It is possible to have never experienced depression.
Don’t mind Kobo. grin
Only those with faulty mood regulation of the brain can boast of such. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

42 Year Old Divorced American Woman Destroyed On Internet For This Post / Can The Use Of Depo Provera Make A Woman Barren? / 'it's Getting Exhausting':kim Kardashian On Sex With Kanye West...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.