Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad (35320 Views)

Chelsea Sign Thiago Silva On A Free Transfer / "Neymar Insulted Me During Costa Rica Match" - Brazil's Thiago Silva / Sergio Ramos Was Seen Smiling As Mohamed Salah Left The Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Mangekyo: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2021

Thiago Silva: PSG signing Sergio Ramos made me sad

The Brazilian was let go by the Ligue 1 side last year and has acknowledged that he has been left hurt by the call to bring in the Spain star
Thiago Silva has admitted that Paris Saint-Germain's decision to sign Sergio Ramos has left him "truly sad," after he was not offered a similar deal despite the duo being close in age.

Former Real Madrid captain Ramos is one of a number of high-profile signings at Parc des Princes this summer, as the Ligue 1 side look to cement their hopes of a successful European challenge.

Yet Silva, who is entering his second year at Chelsea following his PSG exit last term, has admitted that while has no issue with Ramos, the club's call to sign the Spain star rankles given his own long service - and sharp release - from the French side.

What has been said?
"I have nothing against Sergio Ramos, but Sergio, at the time at which they offered him a two-year contract, was the same age as me last year," the 36-year-old told ESPN Brazil.

"So that made me truly sad. I have not yet spoken about it with anyone, because it made me really sad because I felt like I had done nothing for the club.

"My departure is a page that has certainly been turned, but at the same time I think a lot, I reflect a lot on everything that has happened. I think that something else could have been done.

"Because it was not eight days, or eight months that I spent with PSG. It was eight years with lots of victories, lots of work to be able to change, and put PSG at the level that it is at today.

"I want PSG to win, because the club deserves all the respect. But, in light of the way that things played out, I have this feeling of sadness and I feel that it could have been done differently.”

The bigger picture
While the details of Silva's PSG exit - mere weeks after a Champions League final defeat to Bayern Munich - may have left a sour taste in the Brazilian's mouth, he has since flourished in his role with the Blues.

An astute centre-back brought in to manage games by both Frank Lampard and, later, Thomas Tuchel, the veteran Selecao star corrected his Champions League drought when he helped Chelsea beat Manchester City in the final earlier this year.

He was rewarded with a one-year extension through the end of the 2021-22 campaign, though how much he will feature given his injury woes remains to be seen.

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/thiago-silva-psg-signing-sergio-ramos-made-me-sad/zjjhqmgyjym31ks4k805jr2zh

13 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by paulolee(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2021
i understand ur personal opinion but ramos na senior man..
Ramos gat more trophies, more caps, more awards more experience than you
ramos is the most scoring active defender in the world
a defender with over 100 goals isnt easy, so put some respeck on his name..
thats the truth, no matter how bitter it taste...who pass you, pass you

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Humanoid01(m): 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
I understand that he feels he was no longer considered important, but he shouldn't be sad because he won the UCL in his first season at Chelsea, a title which he couldn't win in his eight year spell at PSG. He has to move on and concentrate on his current family at Chelsea. T. Silva go be like person wey go dey worry too much.

181 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Great100000: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
PSG wey dey confuse themselves, you don't wanna offer Silva new Contract because of his age but you offered Ramos of same age with Silva 2 Years Contract, thank God for you because Chelsea help your career and Champion League u no fit win at PSG all these Years is what you won within a Year at the best Club in the World.

Don't forget you will also win World Club Cup this December by God's Grace.

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Datsme: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2021
Let bygones be bygones

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Mryacks: 5:13am On Aug 28, 2021
I like you T. Silva, but Sergio Ramos is a different animal. Top quality.. just like some are retired at 36 but CR7 just became the highest earner in the premier league at that same age.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Komu1048(m): 6:37am On Aug 28, 2021
Mryacks:
I like you T. Silva, but Sergio Ramos is a different animal. Top quality.. just like some are retired at 36 but CR7 just became the highest earner in the premier league at that same age.

Una don start una unverified talk

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Analyst7: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2021
Baba focus on Chelsea and let's hear word

2 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Flexherbal(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2021
Football is a business and profit is the goal.

1 Like

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Numerouno94(m): 7:32am On Aug 28, 2021
Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Bluebolt: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2021
Ndo!

2 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Muhylonaire007: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2021
Lmao... Why you dey sad?
Ramos no be Silva... Difference dey, so no let that one sad you Oga silva.
All fish na fish inside River until fisherman jam Shark.

4 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by nairalee(m): 7:33am On Aug 28, 2021
There's no loyalty in football these days

Players not loyal to clubs
Clubs not loyal to players

Strictly business. No sentiments

27 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by bigeliot(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2021
That was unfair for psg to treat him like dat. Come to think of it, thiago and ramos for back. Hmmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by hotwax: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2021
PSG has no fan base. They have no respect. You can't compare them with manu or arsenal with world wide fan base.

It's like crying over mancity. They only have money..no respect

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by fredoooooo: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2021
Oga abeg face Chelsea leave psg alone . Na dem get money let dem spend it how dey want.
You're lucky you left for a good team and won your dream cup.
Imagine if na Assnal you signed. grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by nob0dy: 7:36am On Aug 28, 2021
If you didn't leave PSG, could you have won the CPL?

4 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Elock1: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2021
Humanoid01:
I understand that he feels he was no longer considered important, but he shouldn't be sad because he won the UCL in his first season at Chelsea, a title which he couldn't win in his eight year spell at PSG. He has to move on and concentrate on his current family at Chelsea.
I tire oh.. A whole UCL

Na Mendy I just dy envy pass

16 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by thuxzwda1: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2021
Mryacks:

See him head angry

1 Like

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by akanbiaa(m): 7:39am On Aug 28, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Enoch07: 7:41am On Aug 28, 2021
Oga concentrate on Chelsea and leave PSG alone for now, you're no longer their player.

1 Like

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by shiki(m): 7:41am On Aug 28, 2021
sad God was pushing you out to go and win the champions league bro

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Sheriman(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2021
Boni781:
Good one
You will soon bite your finger
Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2021
You won ucl at Chelsea anyway

Aside that
Ramos is bigger than you
wink

3 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Opeyemic01: 7:52am On Aug 28, 2021
I can understand his thought, but the consolation is, in his first season at Chelsea he won what he couldn't win in eight years at psg. PSG no try though 8 years no be beans, but life goes on T.Silva

1 Like

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Soulsymbol99: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2021
U can never satisfy human beings. As em first them carry CL cup he is not satisfied. And am nt seeing them (PSG) carrying it this season. Wot am I even saying, no be God give woman eyebrows, she go shave am use pencil draw her own. Give am her hair, she go Barb am wear weavon. Etc grin we are just something else.

6 Likes

Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by Omeleyi: 7:59am On Aug 28, 2021
True that the work you put in brought them to the level they are now. But can you just let bygones be bygones and move on with your life already. We need 110% concentration to clinch the league this season.
No stories
Re: Thiago Silva: PSG Signing Sergio Ramos Made Me Sad by justmondris: 8:04am On Aug 28, 2021
Ramos has champion league winning mentality and that is what PSG need now

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Other Players Arrive Uyo After Nff’s Lament. Photos / Varane Gives Gareth Bale The Real Madrid Club Badge (Photos) / Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.