Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,745 members, 7,831,380 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors (1206 Views)

"Thousands Of Doctors Could Be Considering Leaving The UK" - GMC / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / A Nigerian Family Of Doctors Based In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors by Blitzerz: 6:06am On Aug 28, 2021
Despite the ongoing case in the industrial court over the strike by the resident doctors under the aegis of NARD (National Association of Resident Doctors), the FG yesterday directed the CMDs of teaching hospitals in the country to withhold the salaries of all resident doctor.

The instruction can be seen clearly written in the memo below.

It's now obvious that the government really doesn't care about the health of the masses anymore neither about the welfare of the striking doctors. After all, they travel abroad to receive treatment whenever they fall sick.

It can be recalled that the resident doctors went on strike some weeks back over issues such as inadequate hazard allowance which is currently at 5,000 naira per month despite multiple hazards they are exposed to. Other issues include poor working facilities and conditions non-payment of training fund etc.

Rather than fulfilling the agreement with the resident doctors, the federal government has decided to try to force the Doctors back to work, by taking them to court by withholding their salaries even while the court case is on.

Nigeria, where do we Go from here?

Re: Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 28, 2021
shocked
Re: Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors by tolue42(m): 6:39am On Aug 28, 2021
G
Re: Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors by Sunnybay7: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2021
Why hold their pay, are they supposed to still stay in this country after you release their pay knowing fully well you can still sit on it anytime your head is touching?
Re: Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors by DICKstractor: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2021
undecided

Buhari and other simpletons are enjoying free overseas medical treatment with tax payers money and leave the tax payer vulnerable to lack of medical care

I don't see why they should be bothered
Re: Despite Ongoing Court Case, Buhari Government Withholds Salaries Of Doctors by Franklyfrank300(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2021
Excellence and hard work are no more encouraged in Nigeria.

So what's the essence of this struggle, pass many rigors to be a medical doctor only to be treated like trash..

Why hold their salary..

Well this is the very reason I hate government jobs.

They give you one job you do three to four works with one Payment if not withheld.

Thanks to affiliate marketing that makes it possible to earn at the comfort of home..

Well, I will have to give a free video that explains how to earn passively with affiliate marketing to 2 interested persons..

We need to be ready to withstand this government issues.

It's a replay that will go off soon

Get in touch.
WhatsApp: 08165125994

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise Me On This Growth On My Head. / I Diagnose All Heart Diseases Just From The Ecg. Do You Have An Ecg For Me ? / Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.