Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC (749 Views)

Questions and answers thread on Ac System. / My Car Vibrates When I Turn On Ac / My Toyota 2003 SE Model Fan Doesn't Come On Until AC Is On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Mafuba: 6:43am On Aug 28, 2021
Good morning guys.
I bought this Toyota Camry 2010 model about a week ago.
But I just discovered that when I start the car, the fan does not roll. It only does when I turn on the AC.

Is this normal or there is an issue?

Please help me out
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Alexk2(m): 6:49am On Aug 28, 2021
I think it's normal but for benefit of doubt, let a "professional" check it out. Please don't allow those road side mechanics talk you into disconnecting the thermostat o
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Jlow2: 7:02am On Aug 28, 2021
It will start rolling when the engine is hot enough to be cooled, just watch your temperature on dashboard goes above half
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by 1Alex: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2021
There is nothing wrong with the fan bro.
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by modsfucker: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2021
Mafuba:
Good morning guys.
I bought this Toyota Camry 2010 model about a week ago.
But I just discovered that when I start the car, the fan does not roll. It only does when I turn on the AC.

Is this normal or there is an issue?

Please help me out

That's how it should be, if it's on automatic connection except if you want to connect it direct. In automatic connection, the fan only works when the temperature reaches certain point, or immediately the AC is on. That increases the life span of the fan and maintain the engine temperature at the required range. But if you however dona direct connection, the fan will keep blowing once the engine is ON and that's unhealthy for both the fan and the engine.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Mafuba: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2021
Alexk2:
I think it's normal but for benefit of doubt, let a "professional" check it out. Please don't allow those road side mechanics talk you into disconnecting the thermostat o

Thanks bro
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Mafuba: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
Jlow2:
It will start rolling when the engine is hot enough to be cooled, just watch your temperature on dashboard goes above half

I think that's what it is. My mechanic said so just now
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Mafuba: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
1Alex:
There is nothing wrong with the fan bro.

Yes oo
Re: Toyota Camry 2010 Model - Fan Doesn't Roll Except I On AC by Mafuba: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2021
modsfucker:

That's how it should be, if it's on automatic connection except if you want to connect it direct. In automatic connection, the fan only works when the temperature reaches certain point, or immediately the AC is on. That increases the life span of the fan and maintain the engine temperature at the required range. But if you however dona direct connection, the fan will keep blowing once the engine is ON and that's unhealthy for both the fan and the engine.

You do well Baba

(1) (Reply)

Private Cars Should Be Reduced On Nigerian Roads / *urgent*can I Recover My Missing Custom Paper With Chassis Number / Head Gasket Repair Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.